• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I turn 15

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, I don't, but my GAF account does. Pretty neat!

And I know this didn't need a thread and nobody really cares, but I just wanted to tell someone, so I'm telling you guys.

Lock at will, mods. 🙂

Edit: Wait, my account says I joined Dec 9 2008, so I guess not yet lol. But I just got the "15 years of service" achievement, so I dunno!

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I can confirm that your account is indeed 15 years old.

OCfZyW7.png

Pejo

And I know this didn't need a thread and nobody really cares, but I just wanted to tell someone, so I'm telling you guys.

Lock at will, mods. 🙂

Edit: Wait, my account says I joined Dec 9 2008, so I guess not yet lol. But I just got the "15 years of service" achievement, so I dunno!
Congrats!

What was your first post?

baphomet

I'm at 12, although I browsed for at least a couple of years before I finally was able to use a service provider email to sign up for an account.

Don't think that's still a thing though.

Rockondevil

Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Your post got me interested in my own so I went down the rabbit hole.
It was on a Batman Origins Review thread in 2013 and weirdly enough I just purchased all the Arkham games again last week so I could replay them.

Thanks for the idea.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Congrats!

Hmm, seems like there's no easy way to see that.

Edit: Found it! Guess it took over 6 months for my account to actually be activated.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
GAF achievements akin to Xbox achievements at the minute - fucked lol.

Congrats on the sex. I mean 15 years. In the UK you could kill someone and be out of prison by now to draw an example of time spent.

Pejo

Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Your post got me interested in my own so I went down the rabbit hole.
It was on a Batman Origins Review thread in 2013 and weirdly enough I just purchased all the Arkham games again last week so I could replay them.

Thanks for the idea.
The more things change, the more they stay the same... Great games though.
Hmm, seems like there's no easy way to see that.

Edit: Found it! Guess it took over 6 months for my account to actually be activated.

I remember that Shatter exists, but I can't tell you a single thing about it. Fun to see what GAF was talking about in those days.

By the way, how did you end up finding your first post quickly?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The more things change, the more they stay the same... Great games though.

I remember that Shatter exists, but I can't tell you a single thing about it. Fun to see what GAF was talking about in those days.

By the way, how did you end up finding your first post quickly?

Yeah, I don't really remember Shatter at all. But I do remember Wipeout HD/Fury, great stuff.

Advanced search for posts by myself, sorted by date and limited to posts older than some date in 2009, then I just clicked through to the oldest one.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Lock at will, mods. 🙂

Leap years

Mistake

I got 13 years recently, but if I count lurking before I was able to get a non-free email, it would be about 18.

You are all officially my longest relationship

Mr Hyde

I've been here 5 years. Signed up just after GAF was rebooting and turning a new leaf. It's been really fun to see the site grow from a ghost town to a fairly populated and busy community. It's been a great ride. I hope for at least 5 more years.

Codes 208

I've been here 5 years. Signed up just after GAF was rebooting and turning a new leaf. It's been really fun to see the site grow from a ghost town to a fairly populated and busy community. It's been a great ride. I hope for at least 5 more years.
Same boat, though ive been a lurker since 2011 when halo cea and 4 were announced.

Chittagong

Gold Member
20 years for me this year.

Would be 22 but stats were rebooted 2004. Have been on GAF half my life exactly

Quite the time capsule GAF is. My gaming setup 20 years ago, when I was waiting for RE4 and Pikmin 2 to drop:

Last edited:

Carton

This prompted me to check mine: 18 years. Wow. So much have changed in my life during that time, but GAF has been a constant. I’ll never leave: I’m way too sentimentally attached even though I’m predominantly a lurker.

Top Bottom