• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today's the day! I am asking her out

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I mean the worst that could happen is she says no, and you feel such a crushing sense of embarrassment that you can never go back there.

Pilgrimzero

I was going to say this as well, then I thought "who gives a fuck?" Even if that is the case, the worst case scenario is still just her saying no.

It's always worse than that though. You know, inside. All hose hopes and dreams. The little scenarios in your head etc suddenly dashed to the rocks.

fbutron

Why not instead of dinner that she will feel more personal, why not invite her to have a coffee or movies

Just my 2 cents..

I've been grabbing lunch between classes at this cafe for awhile now. One of the baristas and I have chatted a few times. She is super awesome and I have been wanting to ask if she'd like to hang out or have dinner sometime. Its been an awfully long time since I've been in this position. I'm shy, and haven't brought myself to ask her, despite opportunities..

But today is the day.

I'm going to class, turning in a paper, and then I'm going to that cafe and asking her out.
Just self-talking myself up and preparing to be ok with any outcome.

Have a great day GAF! Here goes nothing lol..

Rooting for you!
Even use the shyness to your advantage to see if she finds it cute.
Think like the "hi...(akward silence) " and just stare at each other for like 30 long seconds until you say the next sentence.

cwmartin

I mean the worst that could happen is she says no, and you feel such a crushing sense of embarrassment that you can never go back there.

And then when she says "enjoy your coffee." you scream "you too!" quickly to hopefully compensate for the crushing defeat. Making it impossible for you to ever show your face there again.

Finger's crossed for you, but man, I'd avoid asking people out where they work. Especially when they are customer-facing.

Why not instead of dinner that she will feel more personal, why not invite her to have a coffee or movies

Just my 2 cents..

She works at a cafe so it's tough to judge how much she'd actually be into coffee on her free time, and movies are usually a terrible first date--unless you're 13 and just need a dark place to make out.

cwmartin

Just my 2 cents..

I would like to spend more time with you since I feel attraction, shall we sit in the dark in silence for 2 hours?

MadeULook

Edit: Well, that'll teach me to read OP. She works at a coffee shop lol.

Good luck OP! Hoping for a good outcome for you!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
And then when she says "enjoy your coffee." you scream "you too!" quickly to hopefully compensate for the crushing defeat. Making it impossible for you to ever show your face there again.

And then you run it over and over again in your head for the rest of your life.

Shadybiz

Make sure to show her how far video games have come since Super Mario World!

Just my 2 cents..

Going to the movies on a first date is generally a bad move.

OP don't ask her while she's working! Wait out back behind the dumpster and wait until she gets off. Watch what car she gets into and follow her home and ask her there.

Im totally kidding don't do this. Side note I've asked a girl in a restaurant out twice and it worked both times.

Beardz

OP, ask her "hey do you want to go out with me or you are just being nice because I'm a customer? Lol"

zeemumu

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take OP!

I dunno man. I once went to Vegas and left with more money than came with despite not gambling and not attempting to earn money in any way. Sometimes throwing so many points into the luck stat pays off

Wikzo

just-do-it.jpg

Also if she says no just drop it and don't think of asking her again. Just be friendly as usual but don't be "that fucking guy who comes in to flirt with me and makes me want to quit"

She works at a coffee place, it'd be humorous to ask her for coffee and just like walk 2 steps and sit down.

lol

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
See, you guys are simplifying this way too much. It never is a simple "no, thank you though" and they move on if they reject.

More than likely, she's going to go into the back and tell her coworkers. "I just got asked out by that dude on the far left stool." and then they'll go look, and depending on certain factors they might laugh and say nasty things, ect.

Which is like, whatever, people are people and it's out of sight/out of mind for you. But then you have to go back, because if you don't go back it's gonna get weird, and look like you were purposely taking time out of your day to go see her, instead of it just naturally happening. This might lead to more comments about you, and laughing or concern. Her friends from campus might hear about it, and then they'll all know the OP as "That creep who stalked her" or something, which will make its way back to campus, get spread around when OP gets seen walking around, and he might eventually get called out for it.

See, that's the worst thing that could happen.

(OP you'll be fine this joke is mostly in jest)

SomTervo

Don't put her on a pedestal.

Don't put anything today on a pedestal.

Just ask the question. Continue with your life either way.

eizarus

Banned
OP you can do it. Dating has changed a lot nowadays so keep in mind that you should have a dick pic ready and open on your gallery. If she says yes, you show her it and tell her you'll pick her up later. If she says no, show her it anyway and tell her, "I coulda been your fucking Mooch".

Good luck amigo.

Top Bottom