• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today's the day! I am asking her out

ajb1888

Banned
I've been grabbing lunch between classes at this cafe for awhile now. One of the baristas and I have chatted a few times. She is super awesome and I have been wanting to ask if she'd like to hang out or have dinner sometime. Its been an awfully long time since I've been in this position. I'm shy, and haven't brought myself to ask her, despite opportunities..

But today is the day.

I'm going to class, turning in a paper, and then I'm going to that cafe and asking her out.
Just self-talking myself up and preparing to be ok with any outcome.

Have a great day GAF! Here goes nothing lol..

UPDATE:

GAF! I love everyone on this board!, and if anyone has the god is real gif, I'd appreciate it :D
Thanks for sticking with this today, and all the amazing advice and comments.

ok so when you order sandwich at this cafe, they bring it to your table. I ordered my usual turkey sandwich, but went to the outside tables in front by the street. No crowd, no loud talking, its super sunny today too.

She comes outside to bring me the food and asked if I needed anything else.

I'll be frank, I ALMOST didn't do it. I almost said nope and let her walk back inside, as I have done a few times before...

But I spit it out, GAF. I spit it out!!!!!!

"Hey I was wondering if you would you like to hang out sometime? There's a farmer market in town this weekend that's supposed to have awesome food."

I kicked myself mentally immediately for adding the farmer market bit.. but she chuckled and said sure! Thanks for asking

!!!!!!! We are hanging out Friday!!!! She said ok and gave me her number! :D :D

I made this thread this morning as both a form of self-talk for myself, and also because gaf has been my online community for years. I appreciate everything about this thread. IAnd if she had said NO I would still appreciate this thread.

I'm freaking out right now, but I better stop tuping and post this already lol!

BELIEVE :D

UPDATE 2:

Thanks for the well wishes all!

We're meeting at the market in 2 hours :)

No matter how today goes, I'm living in the moment lol. Its gonna be fun!

Have a good day GAF.

giphy.webp

OP you sure she wasn't just being nice because it's her job to be nice to customers?

tumblr_nctvworNWg1r5803qo5_1280.gif

Beardz

OP, use the classic and overused phrase "I always come here with you waiting for you to invite me to eat or something, are you going to do it or what!? Lol"

SpaceWolf

Banned
He'll know after he asks her out, at worst she'll be flattered that she got asked out. No harm, no foul.

Good luck, OP.

Yeah, exactly. I always keep this in mind when asking people out. If the worst comes to the worst, hopefully you've helped make their day by letting them know you liked them enough to make that step, even if they turn you down.

Hycran

Banned
OP, use the classic and overused phrase "I always come here with you waiting for you to invite me to eat or something, are you going to do it or what!? Lol"

Let her know you have a NeoGAF account, that way she will subtly take the hint that you're packing the monster dong.

Personally, I avoid using the word "sometime" when asking out. Try to be a little bit more confident. Something more along the lines of "When are you free to _____?" And then see if she actually gives you a timeline as to when she can do something with you. "Sometime", in my experience, leaves too much shit up in the air.

JeTmAn81

OP you sure she wasn't just being nice because it's her job to be nice to customers?

Don't listen to this. If your initial impression was interest from her, ask her out without regrets. If she says no, you still gained something by taking the initiative to do something scary. Do it. Do it.

Top Bottom