• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today's the day! I am asking her out

I dunno man. I once went to Vegas and left with more money than came with despite not gambling and not attempting to earn money in any way. Sometimes throwing so many points into the luck stat pays off

This would be the equivilant of her asking him out before he gets to say a word.

is it normal to ask people out who are in the middle of work? Never done that before

but then again ive never been in that position of wanting to

He'll fail because he's made it a big romantic gesture instead of just naturally asking if she wants to go for a coffee (I know, don't bother hitting reply), the fact that he made a GAF topic makes it worse. He's going to hang around in the coffeeshopuntil she's free to ask her out and be hit with the fact she' not available.

v1lla21

Knock yourself out. Take her some flowers too, when you ask her just pull em out and hold them in front if her face. That way if she says no she can't see you cry and sees beautiful flowers instead.

adj_noun

Some solid opening lines:

If you were a wrestler, you'd be Dave Barista. pause for laugh

Want to hear an abridged version of Moby Dick? Call me. pause for laugh

Hey, why was six afraid of seven? TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE! No, wait that's not right. Goddamit. pause for laugh

He'll fail because he's made it a big romantic gesture instead of just naturally asking if she wants to go for a coffee (I know, don't bother hitting reply), the fact that he made a GAF topic makes it worse. He's going to hang around in the coffeeshopuntil she's free to ask her out and be hit with the fact she' not available.

Yeah...I'm really hoping I'm wrong but this feels like it's a setup for disaster.

Mahonay

Banned
Shhhhhh...don't spoil the ending.

t-storm

Rooting for you!
Even use the shyness to your advantage to see if she finds it cute.
Think like the "hi...(akward silence) " and just stare at each other for like 30 long seconds until you say the next sentence.
I can't tell which posts are serious or aren't anymore.

Seirith

I love how this has 3 pages and the OP hasn't even said if he asked her or not yet.

Hope it goes well for you OP!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
How does GirlGAF feel about getting asked out by a stranger while you're on the clock and working?

Wildo09

Going to the movies on a first date is generally a bad move.

Yep, I made that mistake once. Didn't really learn anything meaningful about her on that date, besides that she loves Wolverine. Turned out fine later on the second date though, we went for a hike.

TheMan

OP good luck man, and remember to be a considerate and generous lover.

And please don't leave us hanging without updates.

LionPride

Banned
There hasn't even been a response to this post yet but I'm already realizing this thread and the OP's actions were a mistake
Oh most definitely

But ya know as long as OP ain't a fuckin uber creep

I'm here for the aftermath

Like in this case

Shooters should not shoot

At all

Don't ask out people at work, especially if they're a barista

Shit's weird

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I like my women like I like my coffee...

...cheap, and transported by boat from South America.

ItIsOkBro

tumblr_onnp406p5J1rfd7lko1_400.gif

Top Bottom