• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard says Starfield is running nicely on Series S

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
"Nicely", this word is so wrong on so many levels. S owners, prepare yourself for disappointment.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
nicely?
How nice it is?
How long is the gameplay time? Will there be memory leak or something?

Bernoulli

M2 slut
The Advanced Technology Group went into Bethesda to help them optimise the game for the consoles.

Advanced Technology Group​

ATG offers specialized seminars and consultancy
in Information Security and Information Technology.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I hope it runs well on the Series S because that's what I'll be playing it on.

SABRE220

This is the dude who thought the ps3 port of skyrim was acceptable to ship out when it literally went down to about 1fps after a few minutes ...yeah dont put much faith into that. Its going to be a technical rollercoaster even on series x going by their trackrecord.

Last edited:

Stare-Bear

Banned
Well, we can safely assume that most Xbox Series consoles out there at the moment are the Series S.

(also, Todd can't afford two Series X's in his house?)

Advanced Technology Group​

ATG offers specialized seminars and consultancy
in Information Security and Information Technology.
A5mY8As.jpg

Rykan

From Todd Howard, this means nothing. The guy is a pathological liar, only surpassed by the likes of Peter Molyneux.
Now that goes a bit too far. Molyneux will literally write on a wall that his on rails video game isn't on rails. It was on rails.

winjer

Gold Member
Now that goes a bit too far. Molyneux will literally write on a wall that his on rails video game isn't on rails. It was on rails.

Todd Howard has lied many times, not as many as Molyneux, but if he continues in the same way, he might become an industry pariah. Just like Molyneux, that no gaming company wants to be associated with.

Where were these guys when Redfall was in development??!?
Phil said that they never got to Arkane like they did Bethesda.
I would assume that they just expected Arkane knew what it was doing with an Unreal Engine 4 game that is hardly pushing any boundaries.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
without creating a new thread should i pick up an S for starfield or play it on PC? i had an S but sold it

buy an used S for 200 or a new GPU for 300 ( rx 6700 or better)

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
without creating a new thread should i pick up an S for starfield or play it on PC? i had an S but sold it

buy an used S for 200 or a new GPU for 300 ( rx 6700 or better)

WHats the spec of your PC. I would always say update the PC but a simple cheap solution would be a series S.

Lokaum D+

imagine if they made the series S version run on Series X but as a perfomance mode

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

incoming "thats not how it works" "30fps is good" "its due to fidelity reasons"

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
imagine if they made the series S version run on Series X but as a perfomance mode

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

incoming "thats not how it works" "30fps is good" "its due to fidelity reasons"
that would be amazing to be honest for every game
run the series S version with unlocked frames

Top Bottom