• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
xero273 said:
namco has their .hack link event today. Tekken event, I think is tomorrow. Then the weekend is 1 hour events for tales of vesperia and Tales of graces. I don't know what other companies have.

Is there still chance of a Ridge Racer announcement? :( :( :(

sasimirobot

Is there going to be a TGS meetup for the weekend?

Turns out I have 2 tickets and the person I was going with can`t make it. I will give the other ticket to whoever wants it for free.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
neo2046 said:
the most possible is tomorrow's TvC stage event
it seems Ishizawa Hidetoshi (the director of TvC:UAS) has something to announce during the event

It's most likely an "official" announcement of online, since they've already released pics of it.

xero273

Blablurn said:
is the hack franchise still going strong in japan? i still remember all the ps2 games which even came out in germany. i think every editor hated them because they were all practically the same :lol

http://garaph.info/softwaregroup.php?grid=136

UnluckyKate said:
Where is the Ace Combat franchise? Where is the Ace Team ? Where is Ace Combat 7 ?

500x_DSC00740.jpg

They are too busy with iphone/ipod touch

Miburou

sasimirobot said:
Is there going to be a TGS meetup for the weekend?

Turns out I have 2 tickets and the person I was going with can`t make it. I will give the other ticket to whoever wants it for free.

Didn't know you could buy the tickets in advance, heh. Well, I'm willing to buy it from you.

jrricky

Banned
What is going on this year? Where are the backstabbings, and world destruction announcements? I always thought that E3 was bigger than TGS but I never really believed it...

wRATH2x

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
I love being a trend-setter.
Wasn't it viciouskillersquirrel who first used it?
Where's the evidence for that though? People are just assuming that based on nothing more than the fact that its happened for the last few years.
It was never cancelled, only the american conference was cancelled. I remember when we first heard the news, it specified that only the american conference was cancelled and the japanese one was still planned. I could be wrong though.

jrricky said:
What is going on this year? Where are the backstabbings, and world destruction announcements? I always thought that E3 was bigger than TGS but I never really believed it...

This year was a far cry from when Nintendo revealed the Wii Mote. That was like in 2005. Theyve been declining since. Next year something should be popping

Yeah, Inafune isn't wrong but Capcom can also be blamed. Okamiden would've been a megaton announcement but was in Famitsu weeks earlier. Theyre also sitting on 'Super Street Fighter 4' which is now well known to be coming but they chose not to show. Also, wasn't there supposed to be a new trailer of Lost Planet 2 in the Desert Area? I haven't seen that yet either?

After mouthing off for like the last 3 TGS, Square unsurprisingly only had the same old shit to show which has yet to release, so I don't think anyone expected much out of them.

Konami had little to show as usual, and I think they view E3 and even Gamescom as bigger events to show stuff at.

Was odd that 3d Dot Game Heroes wasn't at the show considering it is out in a months time? Wanted to see a lot more of it, but I guess not.

Really, the main problem is the bizarre culture of japanese development these days to drop a surprise bomb in the Famitsu waters 3 months/weeks before the game is actually released. That means no trade show presence, just boom: game out. Which might work for big-name companies, but for clowns like Mistwalker its retail suicide.

"CAPCOM! Woo! Yeah!"

But i disagree the Japanese game industry isn't over.

FFXIII
FF Versus XIII
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
MGS: Rising

Down. But not out.

[Nintex]

Subliminal42 said:
"CAPCOM! Woo! Yeah!"

FFXIII
FF Versus XIII

Down. But not out.
The fact that you had to fill up that list with two dots says it all

jrricky

Banned
Subliminal42 said:
"CAPCOM! Woo! Yeah!"

FFXIII
FF Versus XIII

Down. But not out.
Games that were announced 4-5 years ago plus 2 already announced non-interesting games?:lol

farnham

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Is it me or has Inafune kind of lost his mind? What has he even put out this generation other than Dead Rising?
um isnt he actually pretty much doing every big capcom game now..?

BigBoss

cosmicblizzard said:
Is it me or has Inafune kind of lost his mind? What has he even put out this generation other than Dead Rising?

Lost Planet and RE5, Capcom is the only JPN publisher that knows what the hell they're doing.

BigBoss said:
Lost Planet and RE5, Capcom is the only JPN publisher that knows what the hell they're doing.

I didn't think he had anything to do with RE5. Well I stand corrected. I still feel like the quality of his games has taken a nose dive since Megaman.

I personally can't stand Capcom this generation. I've been more interested in what some of the smaller devs are doing like Marvelous and Platinum.

Top Bottom