• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Jungle and Chaos Rings (land-mine alert) coming to PS Mobile

kassatsu

Banned
I thought PSM used Unity now also? I know they said Unity will be supported for PS4, and Vita, but is there no PSM support for it?

Unity support is only on the road map. Not going to get added until later this year

https://en-support.psm.playstation.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/195

Unity is scheduled to be in the next release of PSM according to their roadmap.

Not the next update, one later this year. PSN leaderboards are next update

Toki767

I could picture all of Square Enix's Vita offerings at TGS being PS Mobile games. Well, besides FFX/X-2 anyways.

How dare they try to put higher profile games on psm. Fail!!

For Tokyo Jungle? Hell yes it is.
I'd re-buy that game on Vita if only if had cross save alone. The remote play option was pretty awesome, but occasional lag spikes made it difficult to do anything serious.
As a PSM title? I won't touch it, I'll stick with my PSN copy.

And considering the general support of PSM to this point as well as the very small # of countries that it's available in (let alone the lack of advertising and display in the PS Store) and it doesn't seem like a very good fit to me.

Chaos Rings on the other hand? That's pretty cool.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There's an interview in the magazine. Basically SE is saying they can't ignore the PS Mobile market. Expect more to come - they want to do Chaos Rings Omega and Chaos Rings 2 for example.

Toki767

There's an interview in the magazine. Basically SE is saying they can't ignore the PS Mobile market. Expect more to come - they want to do Chaos Rings Omega and Chaos Rings 2 for example.

Hopefully they do Final Fantasy Dimensions. It'd also be funny if this was a way to get Theatrhythm on the Vita.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Tokyo Jungle? As in PSN Tokyo Jungle? Ir some crappy version I'm not aware of?

Goli

Hopefully they do Final Fantasy Dimensions. It'd also be funny if this was a way to get Theatrhythm on the Vita.

Theatrhythm isn't on Android. SE is probably only gonna port their Android games over, which is also why Chaos Rings is on PSM and not PSN for Vita, probably.

I need to know what this is gonna give me. I'm hype.

Tokyo Jungle was tied for my favorite game of 2012 with Mark of the Ninja. I'd put it on my top 10 of the generation.

Lemme buy it, Sony. Better be doing something with that IP on PS4 too... or legit Vita.

zeopower6

Tokyo Jungle please!

:D

I don't think it helps that PSM is only visible on PS Vita/PS Mobile-enabled tablets. :(

Though any new games help! Rymdkapsel was pretty fun~

ReaperXL7

For Tokyo Jungle? Hell yes it is.
I'd re-buy that game on Vita if only if had cross save alone. The remote play option was pretty awesome, but occasional lag spikes made it difficult to do anything serious.
As a PSM title? I won't touch it, I'll stick with my PSN copy.

And considering the general support of PSM to this point as well as the very small # of countries that it's available in (let alone the lack of advertising and display in the PS Store) and it doesn't seem like a very good fit to me.

Chaos Rings on the other hand? That's pretty cool.

Well its important to note that there have been games on PSM, that came out, and then got native Vita versions announced after. So this does not automatically mean that the real Tokyo Jungle cant still come to Vita.

Also thats cool about Square releasing their mobile games on PSM. My only genuine concern would be that its possible they wont bother to localize them.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

#TheatrhythmVita

I hope they have a retail version which includes majority (if not all) of the songs and a PSN version which is free and you get the songs via DLC.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PSM games dont get retail releases.

Who says I want it on PSM?

Make it PS4/Vita/PSN all the way. I wonder if it's doable on PS4 via the touchpad.

ReaperXL7

Who says I want it on PSM?

Make it PS4/Vita/PSN all the way. I wonder if it's doable on PS4 via the touchpad.

oh I would love to get it on Vita natively, but I dont think SE supporting PSM means that they have plans to support the Vita itself. I woukd love to be wrong, but SE has done next to nothing on Vita up until this point.

ReaperXL7

I'd kill for Tokyo Jungle port to Vita, too, but I fucks with the good PSM games and I'm feeling this either way.

yeah, I originally ignored PSM for awhile, but after buying a few games, and realizing there is some quality stuff on there my opinion of it has changed. Its just another option for more games, the only downsides imo for some would be no trophies, though I realize the graphical prowess of allot of PSM games will turn some off aswell.

boingball

Tokyo Jungle Strategy Game? Will give it a try if it is released in the german PSM store.
Chaos Ring is probably to expensive to be of any interest.

#TheatrhythmVita

I hope they have a retail version which includes majority (if not all) of the songs and a PSN version which is free and you get the songs via DLC.

The reason I want Theatrhythm on Vita is coz of PSN and the DLC. I refuse to spend that kind of money on DLC with Nintendo's backwards ownership restrictions.
Release it on Vita and I'll buy it all! All I tells ya! all!

According to some Japanese blogs with advanced copies of this coming week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, Tokyo Jungle will be heading to PlayStation Mobile next week. The details are slim at this time, but we do know the release date and price.

The game will be coming out next week, July 10th (in Japan for sure), for ¥300. That pricing is temporary. After a week or so it will go up to ¥600.

It seems that the game might be tactical, as Shane Bettenhausen told us on Twitter that “screens kinda evoke FFT with gazelles and Pomeranians”.

I am working to find out if it will be coming out next week in the US. Check back for more updates.

from psnstores: http://www.psnstores.com/2013/07/tokyo-jungle-headed-to-playstation-mobile/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tokyo Jungle is no way coming to the system the way it is. It's gotta be a totally different game, especially if it's going PS Mobile. Which has to run on mobile phones.

Goli

The reason I want Theatrhythm on Vita is coz of PSN and the DLC. I refuse to spend that kind of money on DLC with Nintendo's backwards ownership restrictions.
Release it on Vita and I'll buy it all! All I tells ya! all!

You could also get the free iOS version: https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/theatrhythm-final-fantasy/id572828338?mt=8
It only costs $150 to get ALL DLC! And you can restore your purchases on any iDevice! Also more characters and songs, and higher resolution everything. :p

yeah, I originally ignored PSM for awhile, but after buying a few games, and realizing there is some quality stuff on there my opinion of it has changed. Its just another option for more games, the only downsides imo for some would be no trophies, though I realize the graphical prowess of allot of PSM games will turn some off aswell.

I tried out Rock Boshers DX & Aqua Kitty way back when, and stayed receptive to it. Then, for awhile last 3rd/4th quarter, there was a 6-week giveaway for PSM games, with 1 free game a week. Not widely publicized, so missed Samurai Beatdown week 1 but I couldda gottan Aqua Kitty free if I hadn't bought it already. Lemmings is free too.

psnstores youtube channel has a few huge uploads from where they livestreamed tons of PSM games for hours, and they do some good weekly release vids.

I'd say these are perfectly buy-able and playable, if expectations are reasonable, people are receptive to the iOS/Android world of gaming, and they watch videos before buying:

Super Crate Box
Bike Rider DX
Rock Boshers DX
Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender
Forevolution
Rymdkapsel
Gun Commando
Switch Galaxy
Life of Pixel
Surge
Mononoke Slashdown
Acrtic Adventures: Brain Freeze
Kung Fu FIGHT!
Super Skull Smash GO!
Out of Mind

There's plenty I haven't tried.

Nice to see Sony supporting the platform from the Japan side...

I'm still working away at my game, hopefully coming out in the fall.

Going into major playtesting mode now, taking it to EVO.

Fady K

That is great; Square-Enix paying attention to it speaks volumes of the PSMs slow but decently steady rise. Honestly, excluding their E3 console announcements, the best way to experience Square-Enix's best efforts are through their mobile games. Even the 3DS has not received a substantial S-E game in a while. Is there even anything in the horizon for it? S-E's mobile games are the way to go, at the moment IMO.

Shaneus

Slightly OT, but does TJ have remote play for Vita? Or is it just remote play for PSP streamed to Vita? I need to go home and try it! TJ all up in my bed.

Fady K

No, they should release them as proper PSN games. Fuck PS Mobile, as Sony seems to have no intention of expanding it beyond the usual suspects.

Hopefully Sony will start giving more attention to PS Mobile. At the very least it is getting a healthy amount of content on a weekly basis.

Eusis

Hopefully Sony will start giving more attention to PS Mobile. At the very least it is getting a healthy amount of content on a weekly basis.
With Vita + Android support it'd probably be smart. Advertise it well, get people invested in it on Android, then they get Vitas and the library explodes right away.

Kyon

Banned

OMFG does this mean the superior 3D FFIV is finally coming to Vita in some way? *O*

RpgN

Chaos Rings, despite hearing not so great things about it, it was one of the games I wanted to try out. That's great news. Though will they be able to bring the same game on PSM or will it be stripped down?

Fady K

With Vita + Android support it'd probably be smart. Advertise it well, get people invested in it on Android, then they get Vitas and the library explodes right away.

Exactly - the android part of the equation could lead to a beautiful explosion of games. They have a goldmine here; they just have to push it further.

Chaos Rings, despite hearing not so great things about it, it was one of the games I wanted to try out. That's great news. Though will they be able to bring the same game on PSM or will it be stripped down?

RpgN! It has been years :D How have you been?? How are you still a junior?

RpgN

RpgN! It has been years :D How have you been?? How are you still a junior?

I'm alive and well, it's nice to see you around too. You must have been busy!

Uhm, that's a long story. I have been made a junior about 4 years ago (for a silly thread along with a joke I made about juniors) and it looks like I'm going to remain a junior for eternity :( Anyways we can talk privately if you want, so the thread can remain ontopic.

Top Bottom