• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Jungle and Chaos Rings (land-mine alert) coming to PS Mobile

ash_ag

Wait, isn't PSM also on some mobile devices? Does that mean Tokyo Jungle for, say, Xperia Z? They should add trophy support to PSM soon.

libregkd

Hopefully they do Final Fantasy Dimensions. It'd also be funny if this was a way to get Theatrhythm on the Vita.
Chaos Rings is eh, but I'm more interested in Square starting to support PSM now. If this means getting other things like Theatrhythm, FF Dimensions, and TWEWY, I wouldn't mind at all.

kassatsu

Banned
I wish they added Nexus devices support. :-(

I wonder of they will release FFIII/IV. Also, are thisew generally identical to the Android versions? IV for example has GPlay Games support. Would that be retained in the PSM version?

You can sideload on a nexus if you are rooted.

This isn't actually Tokyo Jungle so I'm out on that. I don't want some 2nd rate spin off.

I've never played Chaos Rings but I have heard good things about it. I'll have to see how it plays on the Vita and it's price before I decide to buy it.

Actually, we have to hope they even release this in the west first :p

Nice! I've been considering getting Chaos Rings and I would rather have it for Vita than iOS.
A PS Mobile release that I can't ignore? Fuck. We still don't have PS Mobile store here. :(
Where is here? Are PSM games not available in Europe at all? That would explain why I don't own any.

Fady K

I am surprised by the Chaos Rings hate over here. I never played it but I recall the game getting glowing reviews all over when it came out. I know, I know, reviews are just opinions in the end but still.

I'm alive and well, it's nice to see you around too. You must have been busy!

Uhm, that's a long story. I have been made a junior about 4 years ago (for a silly thread along with a joke I made about juniors) and it looks like I'm going to remain a junior for eternity :( Anyways we can talk privately if you want, so the thread can remain ontopic.

Glad to hear all is well with you! That is one harsh punishment though! Four years >_>

Sintoid

Is too much to ask for a proper Vita version of Tokyo Jungle??
I mean with trophies and decent port quality... I loved that game so much, the only reason why I dropped it it's because I don't play anymore with home consoles (I'm always on travel with my Vita and 3DS)

Shinriji

PSM? lol, no. All PSM games runs like shit on Vita, no trophies, lockups when they update the runtime package.

I only bought one game (Aqua Kitty, excellent game), but the trial of Sword of Rapier runs like 12 FPS. Should wait for native Vita versions.

ash_ag

It's not hard being better than ffxiii.

Except it's not really. Arguably, it's less linear, but that hardly says anything. XIII was at somewhat entertaining regardless many of its stupid design decisions. Chaos Rings is fun for a mobile game, but that's it. Perhaps it's fitting that it's story is presented in a way that it can be played without bothering to pay too much attention at all times, but it's not a grand game or anything.

When are trophies gonna come to PSM?

You know what games Sony should quickly upport to it? God of War betrayal and Ratchet and Clank going mobile. Could also get some mobile companies to create some interesting spin off games off their IPs to it as well.

Mokubba

Good news from SE.

PSM needs trophies if it's going to start getting games like this. I hope they don't relegate Vita to just PSM releases though.

Theatrhythm isn't on Android. SE is probably only gonna port their Android games over, which is also why Chaos Rings is on PSM and not PSN for Vita, probably.

What games have SE released on iOS and Android? I know they released FFIII on Oyua and CR, CR2 on iOS.

Takao

Banned
There's an interview in the magazine. Basically SE is saying they can't ignore the PS Mobile market. Expect more to come - they want to do Chaos Rings Omega and Chaos Rings 2 for example.

I think they can ignore a market where games don't do more than a few thousand in sales, but hey what do I know ...

ReaperXL7

I think they can ignore a market where games don't do more than a few thousand in sales, but hey what do I know ...

Well apprently there have been a few articles suggesting that PSM is growing, and if that is true, and it continues, it wouod be smart of SE to get in early. Obviously its not perfect yet, but it is making slow progress, Sony just needs to continue building support.

Top Bottom