• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Soul Lab

4 play records missing:

- win 1000 battles
- 300 heals with dia skills
- beat the game 3 times
- beat the game on lunatic

soon... :D

explodet

Found the track I was missing - it was from a pretty important scene - in the prologue, no less.
6t5xLNc.png

Up to 95 tracks, and that's not including the full songs from the Vocal Collection.

Gvitor

I'm on chapter 6 and I just now realized that you can press X to open the world map and teleport from there. I always walked to an invisible wall to warp.

I feel stupid.

MoonFrog

I'm on chapter 6 and I just now realized that you can press X to open the world map and teleport from there. I always walked to an invisible wall to warp.

I feel stupid.

Well, you can only do it in wide open areas, so I think just Shibuya and that place with the arena.

Think I'm stuck with Barry's third side story. After doing the request in that area
I don't get all the monitors showing numbers anymore so I can't get into the boss room

Anything I can do?

random25

Think I'm stuck with Barry's third side story. After doing the request in that area
I don't get all the monitors showing numbers anymore so I can't get into the boss room

Anything I can do?

You only need the same 6 numbers as before. I'm assuming the request you did before replaced some monitors with the faces of Ellie, Touma and Yashiro, which replaces unnecessary numbers.

You only need the same 6 numbers as before. I'm assuming the request you did before replaced some monitors with the faces of Ellie, Touma and Yashiro, which replaces unnecessary numbers.

Oh! Completely forgot about that. I thought I had to go through all the doors in order.

Ladekabel

I'm in the Idolasphere at
Cosmic Egg and have beat three bosses. I guess I have to beat the mirage which possessed Taranchino again. Does the Shadow Dragon come after that?

Menitta

I just got it last night. Only put about an hour into it so far. The style is much better than I remember.

About how long is the main story?

macgoeszoom

Neo Member
Man....
Screw gharnef and his shattered ego move! I've fought him 5 times and it's been going great until that move!
I'm at level 56 with all my guys and still getting wrecked. Guess I need to grind more?!

MoonFrog

I just got it last night. Only put about an hour into it so far. The style is much better than I remember.

About how long is the main story?

My initial playthrough was 68 hours on hard, all sidequests, 3/4 requests or so (out of 50 total), some down time due to doing other things, and gameover time not counted. I only needed to grind a bit before a couple bosses. So just the main story? On hard, maybe 60 hours? IDK.

Gvitor

Finished it yesterday.

Story shifted between shit, nonsensical and inexistent, but other than that, I really enjoyed it. I haven't played any Persona games aside from P4G to compare much, but I liked this game's dungeons and combat mechanics way more. I liked the carnages way more than the thousand personas.

I was already spoiled by the
Opera of Light
because of a thread here on gaf talking about the game's ending that I didn't resist opening, but it was even greater to see it on full.

Final boss was pretty uneventful on normal.
He only attacked twice per turn and summoned 1 minion per attack, whereas some previous bosses attacked 3-4 times and summoned 2 minions at once. His attacks hit a lot, but nothing that Tsubasa couldn't handle healing and Mamorin defending. The fight was goddamn long though. As per usual with final bosses, I never know how many forms they'll have, so I was cautious with items and SP skills. I should've abused Itsuki's "2 turns for everyone" skill way earlier than I did and compensated with Clap Tracks to make things faster.

tsubasa for smash

The final boss was
disappointingly straight forward given the type of fights that preceded it in earlier dungeons. Just slapped debilitate on it and Itsuki used Wyrmicide over and over. Didn't even have to use that skill for blocking damage.

Gonna check out the epilogue tomorrow but overall I'd say the game is better than I expected but worse than it could have been. Story is very modern Fire Emblem (bad) and why the heck can't you skip/fast forward sessions?

zroid

Banned
I can't get over the back of Barry's t-shirt

it's so distracting whenever the camera cuts to that angle behind him :lol

Emu-Fred

Banned
Just finished playing the game.

This game was a wonderful experience.

While the overall story wasn't all that great, I loved all the characters as I did their sidequests.

Gameplay is amazing, I think the Sessions mechanic is up there as one of my favorite rpg mechanics. Getting a full session + duo arts + another full session +another duo with a final session combo art is the best

I haven't really played any SMT games (Except Persona 1, didn't really enjoy it to be honest.) but this game made me pre-order Persona 5.

Moltenix

Finish the game this morning.

Absolutely loved it! Story wasn't anything special but the gameplay was top notch. Definitely scratched my Persona 5 itch until that comes out.

Finally able to beat the legendary arena the first time. Now I assume that it will get easier as I get legendary weapons. I still have some clean-up to do of all of the records, but I should be able to wrap it up pretty quick. I think I'll have to do a Lunatic run just to get the full 100%. Might be my favorite game this year!

explodet

The OST I collected ended up with 110 tracks.
I don't want to run afoul of anything against the TOS though (self-promoting and whatnot), so how do I get it out there? Hmm.

Just started playing this game.

What is the point of all the foods and drinks everywhere?

Should I buy one of everything for an achievement or something...?

zroid

Banned
I had mostly been cruising through the main story and then the ch 5
Yashiro
boss came painfully close to kicking my ass. I would have lost but I got lucky
AI helped me out by repeatedly melee attacking Yashiro w/ counter
and won with just one party member alive on low HP and basically 0 EP remaining. :lol

random25

Just started playing this game.

What is the point of all the foods and drinks everywhere?

Should I buy one of everything for an achievement or something...?

It's just a representation of how the city is littered with food establishments and variety. Some specific type of food also increases your party member's luck so you might try everything. And yes there's achievements with regards to food.

Thanks, I'll have to look into the food achievements and luck and all that.

Should I be guarding repeatedly with one weak enemy left to refill EP or is there an easier way that most people do it?

Top Bottom