• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Vena

Sword focused Itsuki with Martyr Expertise and the bane skills is so fucking broken, lol.

I see no reason to even bother giving him Elec attacks.

(This is NG+ btw.)

not yet no (still a ways off). and just now a new radiant unity for Itsuki popped up at the very top of the list, so I guess it's nothing to be concerned about.

anyways, I just beat the boss from Mamori's first side story. that was the first battle which has really given me a lot of trouble so far. oof.

I just hit this boss. God, fuck Lorenz. "Recommended level: 34" my fucking ass. Sometimes I really hate this game.

Sukukaja is bae

Sukukaja doesn't do shit if they manage to session off one of your party members and kill them dead. Then you spend all your time reviving and you might as well give up at that point.

All Sukukaja and Rakukaja seem to be good for is prolonging the inevitable. If I get a bum turn order, I can't keep re-applying Rakukaja after Lorenz double-Rakundas me, and in any case I can't do it twice before Lorenz's next turn. Sukukaja doesn't make it so no one can hit your party ever, and if the enemies ever get Sukukaja themselves then my only option is to Dekaja them, since I don't think any of my party members have Sukunda.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm playing through it right now. What's different in the uncensored version?
The biggest thing off the top of my head was the removal of swimsuits as costumes (though Tsubasa's will still appear in one of her ad-lib attacks, which makes no sense) & changing the tone of the 2nd dungeon from "gravure idoling" which is basically models to just plain modeling. They also covered up some cleavage, pelvic bones, etc. on some of the other outfits.

Edit: Oh, they also had to re-record a TON of lines to remove references of gravure idols or the original ages of the characters.

zroid

Banned
The biggest thing off the top of my head was the removal of swimsuits as costumes (though Tsubasa's will still appear in one of her ad-lib attacks, which makes no sense) & changing the tone of the 2nd dungeon from "gravure idoling" which is basically models to just plain modeling. They also covered up some cleavage, pelvic bones, etc. on some of the other outfits.

Edit: Oh, they also had to re-record a TON of lines to remove references of gravure idols or the original ages of the characters.
it kinda makes sense since in the context of that ad lib performance, she's clearly wearing a swimsuit. she's like riding a wave or something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should've specified, it makes no sense that Nintendo would take the time to remove the bikini from the game, but decide "naaah let's keep it in this one attack" when you consider the lengths they went to in order to remove all swimsuits from the game period to go as far as changing all the posters in the 2nd dungeon & other items like the Meiko book covers. It feels inconsistent.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I definitely know what you meant, but I do think there's a significant tonal difference between a swimsuit in the context of water compared to, like, straight-up lingerie modeling. That said, I'm not all that familiar with the Japanese version so maybe there was other stuff changed which was more similar to that ad-lib performance.

explodet

Shame there weren't more duets.

I've been partial to Under the Moon lately, though there were times I couldn't stop listening to This World Isn't an Illusion.

Zebetite

Banned
i got the skill to break open walls from earlier in the game so i hopped on down to illusory daitama to see what i'd been missing out on

i found 3 locked treasure boxes

i had two keys.

i got the master seal and an accessory. does anybody know/remember what was in the third one? want to know if i should make a note of coming back for it whenever i've got more keys

zroid

Banned
i got the skill to break open walls from earlier in the game so i hopped on down to illusory daitama to see what i'd been missing out on

i found 3 locked treasure boxes

i had two keys.

i got the master seal and an accessory. does anybody know/remember what was in the third one? want to know if i should make a note of coming back for it whenever i've got more keys

apparently you can get a skill to unlock treasure chests without keys although I still haven't figured out how

Frimaire

apparently you can get a skill to unlock treasure chests without keys although I still haven't figured out how

You need to
trade Detritus with the mirage in the arena that give you incenses for them.
I think you need to do it like 11 or 12 times.
Then you get a request to go save him in illusory Daitama.
after that he gives you the performa needed for the unlocking skill.

Word on the street is you get the true ending by doing all of the characters' side quests, so this is what I'm aiming for at the moment. As it possible to miss any of these quests?

Yashiro was chilling in the Fortuna Office with a yellow side quest marker above his head for a while, but now it seems he isn't there. Will he be back? I never got around to his quest. I'm in Chapter 5 and nothing story wise has happened that would indicate his side quest shouldn't be available at the moment.

Edit: I guess apparently I already did the Yashiro quest? Anyway, my initial question is still unanswered if anyone happens to know.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Word on the street is you get the true ending by doing all of the characters' side quests, so this is what I'm aiming for at the moment. As it possible to miss any of these quests?

Yashiro was chilling in the Fortuna Office with a yellow side quest marker above his head for a while, but now it seems he isn't there. Will he be back? I never got around to his quest. I'm in Chapter 5 and nothing story wise has happened that would indicate his side quest shouldn't be available at the moment.
No side quests are missable; you'll usually be locked out momentarily before you enter the dungeon for the chapter.

The only thing you can miss is the Duo Art between Itsuki and Tsubasa, and even then that's kinda hard because you have to be a complete dick to her.

random25

My favorite duet is Tsubasa and Kiria's too. Full heal plus wind damage is too strong.

I like Tsubasa and Ellie's for the music and costumes, but it kills any session extensions so I don't use it as much.

Vena

My favorite duet is Tsubasa and Kiria's too. Full heal plus wind damage is too strong.

I like Tsubasa and Ellie's for the music and costumes, but it kills any session extensions so I don't use it as much.

Tiki and Mamori is very solid for keeping SP chains going, which I think is more valuable than the odd heal since there's so many ways to overcome that and mitigate damage. For sheer damage, though, if you can get Charge + Touma/Yashiro duet, you can enjoy some absurd damage.

random25

Tiki and Mamori is very solid for keeping SP chains going, which I think is more valuable than the odd heal since there's so many ways to overcome that and mitigate damage. For sheer damage, though, if you can get Charge + Touma/Yashiro duet, you can enjoy some absurd damage.

I don't usually heal in the battle, specifically in the arena fights so that duet most of the time saves my life. Tiki and Mamori's duet is also a favorite to use when it appears to keep SP moves always available.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Given the choice I always picked their duo just so I could hear the song. It was the only one I didn't skip most the time too.

I used to do the same, but the Ellie/Tsubasa one grew on me and I prefer that one now. If I'm trying to string a long session combo though, I go with the other one.

Soul Lab

100% finally!
amazing game.

WVW69jnf6TEcCVRWl8

fionel

Finished Chapter 3 last night. Not really into the silly story and side quests but the combat has been fun. Now I'm in a dillema as Persona 5 is coming out in a couple of days. Going to try to refrain from getting P5 and finish this first as I'm pretty confident that P5 will trump TMS in more ways than one. How many more hours do I have to finish the game if I wanted to do all the important side quests?

Malrend

It has been mentioned multiple times already, but it bears mentioning again.

The IMs between the characters in this game are hilarious.
The localisation team had a pretty decent grasp on internet culture and mannerisms, which makes it better.

Finished Chapter 3 last night. Not really into the silly story and side quests but the combat has been fun. Now I'm in a dillema as Persona 5 is coming out in a couple of days. Going to try to refrain from getting P5 and finish this first as I'm pretty confident that P5 will trump TMS in more ways than one. How many more hours do I have to finish the game if I wanted to do all the important side quests?

You're about halfway through the game. If you're playing on Hard probably about another 20-30?

My estimates are a bit off because I took the game slow.

-shadow-

On GBAtemp someone made a patch that puts the censored outfits, lines and textures back into the game. All except for the DLC that, as of now, is impossible in the international release.

100% finally!
amazing game.
I still only have the one in the middle on top :')

Mbrill82

whats this?

I assume he means the patch that has been available since shortly after NA launch. You have to have a soft-modded Wii U and must then play a ripped copy of the game from an SD card.

I decided to play the NA disc version as is after looking at pics and videos of the changes.
Even though the patch is simple to apply I don't think the extra hassle is worth it. Especially when you can see every thing thats been changed online.

also.....I love this damn game!

brau

I assume he means the patch that has been available since shortly after NA launch. You have to have a soft-modded Wii U and must then play a ripped copy of the game from an SD card.

I decided to play the NA disc version as is after looking at pics and videos of the changes.
Even though the patch is simple to apply I don't think the extra hassle is worth it. Especially when you can see every thing thats been changed online.

also.....I love this damn game!

ah... i thought it was some official patch. i am watching a video n the changes, seems that some of the quests did change quite a bit. But it should not be a deal breaker. I'll play through this soon. Its installed and ready, just have not gotten around to it.

Top Bottom