• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady teams up with anti-science quack who sold snake-oil to cancer patients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
All this salt.

Everyone just mad their qb isn't half as good as Brady unless you're a packers fan

Which most people in this thread arent

*chortle*

Tell 'em why you mad son.

tumblr_mw4o46y1tn1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Apathy

If people want to take medical advice from a quarterback instead of their actual doctor, then you kinda have to deal with the consequences.

Considering the kind of season he's having at his age maybe there's something to all the shit he's doing.
This is exactly what that quack doctor is counting on. People see Tom Brady with a successful career and think exactly what you wrote. Then they spend tons of money they don't have on products that don't work.

All this salt.

Everyone just mad their qb isn't half as good as Brady unless you're a packers fan

I'm mad because literally hundreds of cases just like this one come across my desk every year. Because Tom Brady is shilling for some dude selling bullshit medical cures that invariably get someone killed.

But no, you're right, I'm just mad about football.

If people want to take medical advice from a quarterback instead of their actual doctor, then you kinda have to deal with the consequences.
It's almost like advertising has an effect on people or something. Naaaah, couldn't be.

Wait, you're telling me Tom Brady is a scumbag?

My opinion of him is quickly deflating

iu

Igetit.

All this salt.

God. It's all fun and games until the butthurt Pats fans come out in droves to defend Lord Brady.

I just feel so deflated right now. All the air was taken out of me.

entremet

Only internet nerds will care about this.

Most NFL fans will either love or hate the dude, like always.

And women will continue to swoon.

Halcyon

Uh ok. Thread is about the fraudulent medicine he is selling.

He's not currently selling any. He has a company that does preventative therapy/education based on their philosphy at Patriot Place called TB12.

[Brady] told me they had started a business together, called TB12, that would institutionalize Guerrero’s technique. The business is in a shopping center behind the Patriots’ home field, Gillette Stadium, but it is hard to describe what exactly TB12 is — not a gym, not a group practice of personal trainers, not a nutrition or massage-therapy center. Whenever I asked Brady and Guerrero to define TB12, they would talk of things like “re-educating muscles” and “prehab” (preventing injuries, rather than dealing with them after they happen). Inevitably, they would come around to the word “lifestyle.”

Man if I weren't a Patriots fan I would definitely hate Brady. He takes good care of his body and what goes into it that is why he is still doing well at such an old age, not whatever voodoo this guy is pedaling.

NeOak

He's not currently selling any. He has a company that does preventative therapy/education based on their philosphy at Patriot Place called TB12.
See

As Guerrero continues to be monitored by the FTC under his lifetime ban, TB12 will likely be under a microscope to back up claims about the extraordinary training regimen Guerrero has sold Brady—and which Brady and Guerrero are now selling to the world.

Edit 2: The fuck. He is selling the stuff the other guy fed him and is a business partner. He is selling it. You are not getting that for free.

Selling.

What about the endorsement for the fraudulent medicine then? Which his business partner sells.

that's some masterful pedantry you're engaging in there. he's endorsed it, his company is literally based off of it, but he's somehow not explicitly selling it

Halcyon

that's some masterful pedantry you're engaging in there. he's endorsed it, his company is literally based off of it, but he's somehow not explicitly selling it

He's selling an education about a different way of looking at sports therapy/medicine. He thinks by these alternative dietary and fitness philosphies he is keeping his joints/muscles/ligaments healthy. In that SI interview he basically says "I eat this way and train this way and my forearm/elbow muscles/joints aren't as rigid and won't break down after I throw the football a ton"

Instead of heavy weights, icing down aches after sore joints, etc that it can be prevented by having bendier muscles that won't tear from over-use. That's why he's talking so much about the baseball pitchers.

Now you can disagree with it all you want, but for him it has worked. The proof for him is in the fact that he's 38 and looks/plays like he's 28. That's probably just good genetics on top of being healthy, but for him it's a way of life that works. Like if he endorsed pilates and keto diets.

Siegcram

He's selling an education about a different way of looking at sports therapy/medicine. He thinks by these alternative dietary and fitness philosphies he is keeping his joints/muscles/ligaments healthy. In that SI interview he basically says "I eat this way and train this way and my forearm/elbow muscles/joints aren't as rigid and won't break down after I throw the football a ton"

Instead of heavy weights, icing down aches after sore joints, etc that it can be prevented by having bendier muscles that won't tear from over-use. That's why he's talking so much about the baseball pitchers.

Now you can disagree with it all you want, but for him it has worked. The proof for him is in the fact that he's 38 and looks/plays like he's 28. That's probably just good genetics on top of being healthy, but for him it's a way of life that works. Like if he endorsed pilates and keto diets.
I don't see pilates studio ads that say "WE CURE CANCER".

I listened to his interview with Dennis and Callahan this morning and it was the first time that I ever thought to myself "Oh jesus Tom Brady what are you talking about..."

He was going on and on about the health benefits that him and his doctors came up with. That said, a lot of the stuff he was saying was typical run of the mill gaf fitness thread. "Don't drink soda, we're putting too many chemicals into our body, we have to practice preventative medicine," which I'd wager most people around here would agree with but if Tom Brady says it it's like "Oh jesus."

Yeah no. Taking health and fitness advice from professional athletes, let alone ones that pay tens of thousands of dollars to trainers and therapists that work them out and dictate their regiments, is a questionable decision. I'd rather talk to those trainers/therapists directly, ones that are actually LICENSED to give advice.

Pushing a health professional who isn't licensed to practice any form of medicine is scummy to say the least.

Tom-Brady-Ugg-Boots.jpg

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

BigDug13

This is the same guy who refused to have his leg surgery from the team doctor and wanted to go to his family physician instead and ended up with complications that lengthened his recovery time.

Begins reading article, gets to the "best quarterback" part.

"Who is Tom Brady, anyways" *google* "oh, the deflategate guy".

Yes, a couple of assholes cheaters selling snake oil.

What are the odds that this thread about Brady telling kids not to drink soda is going to be longer than Greg Hardy saying he's "going in guns blazing" and making disparaging remarks about Brady's wife and her sister?

oh there wasn't a thread about that

pxleyes

Banned

The mental hoops some people will jump through to defend or continue supporting someone who doesn't give 2 shits about them is amazing.

Halcyon

The mental hoops some people will jump through to defend or continue supporting someone who doesn't give 2 shits about them is amazing.

We're all sitting here at work talking about something that neither me nor you actually care about in hopes of wasting enough time to make it to lunch so that we can have our extra strength big-gulp size of All Organic Anti-Concussion Juice.

vikki

This is very unfortunate for Brady to buy into this shit. Can't Matt Damon get Ben to talk Brady out of this nonsense?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What are the odds that this thread about Brady telling kids not to drink soda is going to be longer than Greg Hardy saying he's "going in guns blazing" and making disparaging remarks about Brady's wife and her sister?

oh there wasn't a thread about that
Wait that is what you read? You didn't see the part about the known conman, the court injunctions, the brain seat belt? You read 'Tom Brady tells kids not to drink soda'.

This is very unfortunate for Brady to buy into this shit. Can't Matt Damon get Ben to talk Brady out of this nonsense?

I doubt he actually buys into it full stop. It's like Uggs. He's just using his star power/celebrity to make business decisions that will secure him and his family for the next 100 years.

Just like a true New England Blue Blood.

Cmon guys, you're embarrassing yourselves. There is no reason to defend Brady on this, he's a rich white boy who thinks alternative medicine is going to save his body from over a decade and a half of the most brutal sport in America.

Let him have his bliss and avocado icecream.

pxleyes

Banned
We're all sitting here at work talking about something that neither me nor you actually care about in hopes of wasting enough time to make it to lunch so that we can have our extra strength big-gulp size of All Organic Anti-Concussion Juice.

I care about athletes defrauding the public by using their public image to sell snake oil. Do you not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom