• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Anyone else here experiencing 100% max CPU at all times in this game? I've been dealing with it since OB, and have been loud about it on the ubi forums. Checking process priority and every other ham fixed non working fix hasn't worked. It seems there a lot of people on i5 CPUs experiencing this but its really bad. If you've experienced micro stutter or occassional freezing, look at your CPU.

Playing solo CPU is say, 99% to 100% CPU always but I maintain 56-60 FPS. However joining any kind of co op pegs me at 100% for good and my frames dip to the 40s and my system will blue screen if I play like this for too long.

Anyone else? Ideas?

void666

Banned
Is it possible to make Iron sight only for snipers and third person for the rest (PS4) ?

Yes. By default the choice between 1st/3rd view is per weapon iirc. If not, there's an option to set it on/off.
I have sniper rifle set to 1st person but assault rifle and pistol set to 3rd person.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I am on XBONE

GT: BBQ Slinger
UPlay: MarleyMan360

Found you via Uplay username, however site tells me:
You are level 0.
Have done nothing in-game, not even shot a single bullet.

Empty profile outside some ranks on the profile itself :3

Send a recruit, not sure why its messed up.

They can't possibly have been so dumb to lock task force to the creators platform selection...

So, is this the kind of game where if my friends have already played 50hrs by the time I can join them, I won´t be able to play with them (like The Division), or do levels not matter as much?

Tecnniqe

Banned
So, is this the kind of game where if my friends have already played 50hrs by the time I can join them, I won´t be able to play with them (like The Division), or do levels not matter as much?

Levels only matter in enhancing your character and unlocking things for your drone and such.

Not really required but helps versus harder areas. Nothing really stops you from playing as all guns are efficient at their job should a gunfire start.

Belker

If anyone wants an invite to WildlandsGAF, please PM me your GT here or, on XBL, message me your GAF name with your club request.

Yes, this is what I see for the "NeoGAF" Task Force page

GRWILDGAF_zpsl9fg8kch.jpg

So weird....

By the end of the first two story missions, which take 10-20 minutes total, you can get a sniper rifle and a holo sight for your ARs. I'd say having a sniper is necessary to round out a build. The holo sight is just a quality of life improvement if you use ADS iron sights. Other than that, bullets are bullets and you will be able to drop most enemies with a few bullets or single head shot. Late game stuff may have some harder enemies, but if your buddies are that far a head, they can fly you to a weapons box and you can grab a higher damage weapon. Other than the unique boss drop weapons, which are just modded out version of the normal guns, I think you can get every weapon and attachment in the game at level 1 as far as I know. It is not a loot at stat based game. The weapons have some stat variations, but they are minor for the most part.

Gaz_RB

You could beat the whole game without leveling up and sticking with the starter guns if you wanted to.

Levels only matter in enhancing your character and unlocking things for your drone and such.

Not really required but helps versus harder areas. Nothing really stops you from playing as all guns are efficient at their job should a gunfire start.

By the end of the first two story missions, which take 10-20 minutes total, you can get a sniper rifle and a holo sight for your ARs. I'd say having a sniper is necessary to round out a build. The holo sight is just a quality of life improvement if you use ADS iron sights. Other than that, bullets are bullets and you will be able to drop most enemies with a few bullets or single head shot. Late game stuff may have some harder enemies, but if your buddies are that far a head, they can fly you to a weapons box and you can grab a higher damage weapon. Other than the unique boss drop weapons, which are just modded out version of the normal guns, I think you can get every weapon and attachment in the game at level 1 as far as I know. It is not a loot at stat based game. The weapons have some stat variations, but they are minor for the most part.

You could beat the whole game without leveling up and sticking with the starter guns if you wanted to.

Good to know. Thanks a bunch!

Diancecht

About 4 hours in and this game feels so easy... Playing on very hard, m&k and I am just headshotting fools from distance with ease. Not having fun with this I am afraid.

Gaz_RB

They should have done "drivatar" type stuff for your AI squadmates in solo play. You could pick 3 of your friends/task force and add them to your squad, bringing over what their customization options look like. Perhaps their play style could be similar to however your friend plays, and would get stronger as your friends do.

Dat potential tho

j0hnnix

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You know if you hold Y or Triangle

you can unequip your weapon and run around

I didn't know you can do that.

Also if you tap RB/R1 after doing this it will zoom the camera out. Makes it a little easier to see your surroundings.

They should have done "drivatar" type stuff for your AI squadmates in solo play. You could pick 3 of your friends/task force and add them to your squad, bringing over what their customization options look like. Perhaps their play style could be similar to however your friend plays, and would get stronger as your friends do.

Dat potential tho
Great idea.

I've always wanted to see more Drivata-esque uses, and not only for friendly AI, but enemy AI that adapts to heat maps of the playerbase as a whole to change things up too. Put that online connectivity and data collection to use directly back into the gameplay.

Belker

About 4 hours in and this game feels so easy... Playing on very hard, m&k and I am just headshotting fools from distance with ease. Not having fun with this I am afraid.

If very hard is the same as extreme, try turning all the HUD elements offf and the ability to mark enemies; you can't even see where downed teammates are.

M.W.

The first area is one out of five stars. Try a five star territory out.

I am on XBONE

GT: BBQ Slinger
UPlay: MarleyMan360

I feel really dumb, but I can't even find a way to add you or find you (and I'm using Xbox) on the website.

Does this link bring up the page at least?

Edit: Found you.. searching for the whole XBL tag didn't work, but BBQ brought up a list and added you. See if that works?

I'm on ps4, so it's possible. I got a 404 on the second link.

Maybe so.. how freaking weird. What a mess. Can you add people to Task Forces in-game?

Double Edit: So searching for players is by their Xbox Live Gamertags.. NOT their UbiPlay name.. so I guess that would make it restricted per console/PC?

Gaz_RB

Great idea.

I've always wanted to see more Drivata-esque uses, and not only for friendly AI, but enemy AI that adapts to heat maps of the playerbase as a whole to change things up too. Put that online connectivity and data collection to use directly back into the gameplay.

Oh man that's a good thought too. I was just thinking about how there isn't much of an incentive to return to a base because the enemy positioning is all the same. But if over time the AI readjusted based on how most people entered the base, tactics they used, etc, that'd be sweet. Sort of like how the enemies in MGSV adapt to the players tactics but on a macro scale.

I feel really dumb, but I can't even find a way to add you or find you (and I'm using Xbox) on the website.

Edit: Found you.. searching for the whole XBL tag didn't work, but BBQ brought up a list and added you. See if that works?

Maybe so.. how freaking weird. What a mess. Can you add people to Task Forces in-game?

Double Edit: So searching for players is by their Xbox Live Gamertags.. NOT their UbiPlay name.. so I guess that would make it restricted per console/PC?

EDIT: I saw the request and now have the {GAF} tag in my profile on GRNetwork

Just sent a join request. I wonder if somehow things are not linking up properly between my UPlay account / Xbox account since it is a legacy account?

Although in my Uplay account it shows the gamertag linked.... bizarre.

Hope you got my request - Thanks!!

Just sent a join request. I wonder if somehow things are not linking up properly between my UPlay account / Xbox account since it is a legacy account?

Although in my Uplay account it shows the gamertag linked.... bizarre.

Hope you got my request - Thanks!!

Yeah. shows you in now.. such an odd system.

If anyone else wants to join, it looks like it's Xbox only now, if you can't pull it up, shoot me your gamertag and I'll send an invite!

Game is just stuttering like crazy on very high 1440p on PC 4790K 32 GB Titan X Maxwell

It makes me feel sick trying to play like that.

What a disappointment this game is at this point.

Gaz_RB

Game is just stuttering like crazy on very high 1440p on PC 4790K 32 GB Titan X Maxwell

It makes me feel sick trying to play like that.

What a disappointment this game is at this point.

Do you have two different hard drives/SSDs?

Does the stuttering occur while the small Ghost Recon icon appears at the bottom right (auto saving, which it does a lot?)

I had terrible stuttering like you with comparable specs. Felt bad because you expect that kind of rig to rip through a game like this, but the problem was just that Uplay was copying to my slow hard drive, which my game wasn't installed on.

Moved my installation and silky smooth now.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So just playing some singleplayer and a guard walked right past one of the A.I teamates and did nothing. They were like 4ft from each other walking past..

I'm liking the outfit though. :p

FatalT

Banned
I keep getting the French task force with one only person in it when I click your links, although I'm on PS4 so that could be why?

My PSN ID is FatalT1 if anyone in the actual PS4 Task Force could send me an invite! I'd like to mess around with you guys in between using the laser-sight A.I. for sync shots on helicopter pilots :p

j0hnnix

I keep getting the French task force with one only person in it when I click your links, although I'm on PS4 so that could be why?

My PSN ID is FatalT1 if anyone in the actual PS4 Task Force could send me an invite! I'd like to mess around with you guys in between using the laser-sight A.I. for sync shots on helicopter pilots :p

It definitely seems like it's locked by platform.. FatalT1 is getting the same French TF I'm getting and we're both on ps4.

It definitely seems like it's locked by platform.. FatalT1 is getting the same French TF I'm getting and we're both on ps4.

Blast! Alright, well I guess we're being forced to segregate..

I assume PC will be separate again. I suppose it makes sense for matchmaking and the like, but it would be nice if we could have one big cool group.

Lothars I added you to the Xbox Task Force.. XTF.. XBTF

Let me know if anyone else wants added! I still need to figure out how to give other people invite powers..

NeoGAF Xbox Task Force

renzolama

I was really disappointed to see that it was basically impossible for me to hit anything accurately with the machine guns on a helicopter. Is there some trick to this? I was trying to hit a gas truck the size of a barn, but it felt like I was aiming from the top of that leaf blowing around in Forrest Gump.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So just playing some singleplayer and a guard walked right past one of the A.I teamates and did nothing. They were like 4ft from each other walking past..

I'm liking the outfit though. :p

That's how the squad works. If they are following you and you aren't detected, they will never be detected.

If you tell them to go to a specific spot, they can be detected as well as when you tell them to open fire.

Otherwise they would be detected all the time and it would make stealth almost impossible.

That's how the squad works. If they are following you and you aren't detected, they will never be detected.

If you tell them to go to a specific spot, they can be detected as well as when you tell them to open fire.

Otherwise they would be detected all the time and it would make stealth almost impossible.
The AI blew my cover several times in the betas. Sometimes from using Sync shots - which would cause them to move out of position to line up a shot. Sometimes from bad pathfinding where they'd try to rally on me and run right through enemies to do so and alert them all in the process.

Hopefully that stuff was a relic of the betas and not in the released game. Haven't tried it yet, even though its sitting there on my PS4 and whispering for me to start it up.

Fury451

Banned
I was really disappointed to see that it was basically impossible for me to hit anything accurately with the machine guns on a helicopter. Is there some trick to this? I was trying to hit a gas truck the size of a barn, but it felt like I was aiming from the top of that leaf blowing around in Forrest Gump.

Nope. Welcome to helicopters/airplanes with weapons in third person sandbox games.

See also: Just Cause and Grand Theft Auto

FiraB

Banned
They should have done "drivatar" type stuff for your AI squadmates in solo play.Perhaps their play style could be similar to however your friend plays, and would get stronger as your friends do.

Dat potential tho
hahaha you would hate my character if it had that system, you would be screaming at the screen constantly wondering "why is he doing that, no no no, don't do that" as my character walks into a enemy base lobbing grenades, flashbangs, mining the entrances and exits and trying to CQC everybody.

Seriously any room with more then two guys gets flashbanged, if the room is filled with sleeping people it's like a dance party, just keep throwing them until you run out to screw with the AI.

Not to mention my helicopter issues...work out where the enemy is stationary longest and fly a helicopter directly over them to see if you can hit them after jumping out. I've done it twice so far with a couple friends and they shit themselves when it hit the ground and the base went on full alert.

This games the best with other peoples stupidity.

Just had a riot in 4 player co op. Brilliantly schizophrenic. From stalking through a mountain village to ghost a mission, to causing an unholy amount of mess with mines and an LMG (the echoes of shots on those things is epic), to inadvertantly failing a mission before it started by bailing out a chopper, only for it to crash square in the enemy base and alert them all. It is a weird game with so many small issues, but i go from laughing my ass off to sitting forward and slowly and calmly co ordinating with my team, the tension through the roof. Love it.

Is there some glitch with the Task Force? I created one with some friends last night, but our tag is showing up as a bunch of random numbers, not what I typed in.

Dervius

Just had a riot in 4 player co op. Brilliantly schizophrenic. From stalking through a mountain village to ghost a mission, to causing an unholy amount of mess with mines and an LMG (the echoes of shots on those things is epic), to inadvertantly failing a mission before it started by bailing out a chopper, only for it to crash square in the enemy base and alert them all. It is a weird game with so many small issues, but i go from laughing my ass off to sitting forward and slowly and calmly co ordinating with my team, the tension through the roof. Love it.

Yeah, my bad.

Dunkley

Following up on my very positive impressions from the beta I gotta say the full game definitely is a blast to play too, at least in co-op.

Playing with a controller on PC, I just wish I could disable getting up out of crouching/being prone after pressing the CTRL key. It's my Push To Talk button for Discord and while I can unbind crouching from that button (so at least I don't go into crouching while standing), I sadly still hop up out of crouching/prone when I press it.

This game is a timesink. I try to get all the collectables before moving to the next district. I'm amazed how each district has its own tone and style all the while being massive.

This is pretty fun.

Dubz

Caved and got this. Got it on the Pro because I want to play in the living room. Runs really good so far at a locked 30. I'm playing on the max difficulty... I think it's called extreme...and it's a nice challenge so far. Glad I got it.

Top Bottom