• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Belker

I've tweaked WildlandsGAF on XBL so that members can invite members. I hope that makes it easier to fill the list out and for people to find each other. I'm new at this, so any advice appreciated - like how to change the capitalisation of the club. It's all lowercase and treats capitals as a duplicate name.

Jharp

Any other PC users getting stutter? I kicked the game off on a 980 Ti maxed out and got a decent framerate but a good amount of stutter. I've sinced knocked a few settings down to Very High and gotten a better, more stable framerate, but still a bit of stutter. Not as much, but it's definitely noticeable when moving my mouse around.

Would love to know which settings may be affecting this and if anyone else is getting it.

EDIT: Running in Fullscreen rather than Borderless seemed to help ALOT.

SlickVic

I know the game just came out, but is there a lot more clothing customization in the full game vs the open beta? The selection was pretty decent in the beta, but would be nice if more shirts, pants, shorts (can't remember if they had any in the beta), etc unlocked the deeper you got into the game.

FiraB

Banned
I know the game just came out, but is there a lot more clothing customization in the full game vs the open beta? The selection was pretty decent in the beta, but would be nice if more shirts, pants, shorts (can't remember if they had any in the beta), etc unlocked the deeper you got into the game.

Only thing I noticed was another pair of pants and a top, it's just a DYECAM tactical gear.

Ah man, really enjoying this game. My gf and I just got done playing co-op. It's satisfying coordinating a sync kill with a live person, counting down and delivering one shot kill headshots.

My only complaint...I suck at driving dirt bikes.

Fury451

Banned
This reminds anyone else of Mercenaries a bit?

A bit, yeah. Just Cayse 2 hit that ith a lot more (and 3 to an extent), but the way targets and stuff are structured reminds me a bit of the Deck of 52 thing, as well as just having that general military /sandbox feel.

Jharp

Anyone soloing this? Still fun?

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I will be playing coop later with a bud, but so far I'm like three hours in just soloing and having a lot of fun. Squad mechanics take a little getting used to, but once you do, they're effective AI partners and can be real fun to fight with.

DesmondGreer

Neo Member
Hey I got two codes for some dlc for the PC that I got from the playing the ghost recon beta. I'm not picking up the game so PM me within next ten minutes of you want em. Peace.

EDIT : DLC CODES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AWAY.

Foxxsoxx

There are some, but not many more.

Redboxed it after not really digging the beta and definitely liking it more now. Loads of content in here, though it is a Ubisoft game and it has the map collectathon grind going on as usual. That being said the map is huge and there really are a lot of cool places to infiltrate. Definitely recommend co-op all the way, it's a game changer.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to play on PS4 my psn is Fakehound, hit me up.

Kadin

Hey I got two codes for some dlc for the PC that I got from the playing the ghost recon beta. I'm not picking up the game so PM me within next ten minutes of you want em. Peace.

EDIT : DLC CODES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AWAY.
Thanks for the codes, really appreciate it!

Dabanton

Just brought the Gold edtion $130 CAD haha

But this game should fulfill my open world military fantasies for now. I'm hoping Ubi takes the Rainbow Six Siege approach to this and pumps loads of content in.

I have no luck getting the Ghost Recon HQ iOS app working, like how the Ubisoft Club iOS app has never worked after all this time. I know for a fact i'm signing in with the proper credentials, but it always comes back saying the service is not available right now. Which is bull.
I heard a way to trick it is to link your Uplay account to Facebook, then sign in with FB credentials and it's all good. But i refuse to do that. I don't tie any games to my FB account. It's for friends and family stuff only.

This "tarija" error is driving me nuts. I'm hard wired, and have reset everything multiple times and still can't connect to my friend for coop.

Everything else on PS4 works perfect, and I'm actually playing some siege right now.

Anyone else having problems?

Well that was fun,even if I'm playing solo because I haven't paid for Plus in months.

To me, this game is a hybrid of Just Cause 3, Spec Ops: The Line, and Mafia 3.

It's got a hierarchy of villains to take down, it has lush and vibrant locations and I threw in Spec Ops since it's my favorite tactical military shooter.

I got three underbosses taken care of (All the two star rated)

Moving on to the three stars tomorrow.

This should tie me over till Yooka Laylee.

M_A_C

I've never seen a game with so many sponsored streams on Twitch. Kinda crazy they are money hatting all the biggest streamers.

Just spent 3 hours on co-op with a buddy.. Holy hell this game is fun. We barely even covered Itacua!

The tension as I tried to land a plane.. Aye carrumba!

I'm glad I bit the bullet and gave this a try. It's a ton of fun.

Okada

Got this last night after not playing any of the beta and had only really read bad things on here but I thought it was worth a punt.

I'm really glad I did as I had some of the most fun I've had playing coop in years.

gossi

I've never seen a game with so many sponsored streams on Twitch. Kinda crazy they are money hatting all the biggest streamers.

It's cray that days after launch this OT has 7 pages. They need to boost the signal methinks.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ubisoft have done this for a while now with their new releases. Saturate the front page = sales :3

It's cray that days after launch this OT has 7 pages. They need to boost the signal methinks.
This is the same site which literally shitposted about how bad this game was for 20+ pages during various beta and everything.
Not sure what you expected but I didn't expect much from GAF on this.

Also it's like Division you know, cause Ubisoft :p

Bought it last night despite way to much to play right now. But this will be more an replacement of division as my online coop game on ps4.

Bolivia at day driving around looks great. Love the colors and light in this game.

Been holding of on using my leveling points besides the first one. not sure where I should/want to put them.

Wish there were more radio channels, the propaganda interrupting the tunes is no fun.

FiraB

Banned
I was about to say. 7 pages. I thought there would be more people playing on GAF. Guess people are still burnt from the Division.

Switch, Zelda, Horizon and Nier say hello.

People don't have big pockets around here, most are selective buyers.

MaxiLive

It has come out at a bad time for Gaf to be chatting about as there are so many other games coming out at the moment.

The one thing that has surprised me is how well the game has reviewed both via journalists and gamers! I thought this was going to be very mixed to be honest due to the very repetitive nature of the missions/story even more so than The Division.

I think the scale and variety to the environment is what is enticing people, plus the hilarious co-op moments that are like those badass "world" moments that would happen in Farcry but shared with others.

Hopefully some gaffers are up for some more games later this evening (7pm gmt).

SJRB

Gold Member
Still soloing with the AI and having a blast on PS4!

Yeah solo is excellent.

Teammates are never in your way, and nice to have around for the sync shots and when shit goes down they make for awesome backup, they deal quite a bit of damage.

My only gripe so far is how the AI seems incapabable to drive/fly to a waypoint on the map, so I have to do everything myself. Funny side-effect is flying a chopper somewhere and just bail out with the parachute while the rest of the team is still inside.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It has come out at a bad time for Gaf to be chatting about as there are so many other games coming out at the moment.

The one thing that has surprised me is how well the game has reviewed both via journalists and gamers! I thought this was going to be very mixed to be honest due to the very repetitive nature of the missions/story even more so than The Division.

I think the scale and variety to the environment is what is enticing people, plus the hilarious co-op moments that are like those badass "world" moments that would happen in Farcry but shared with others.

Hopefully some gaffers are up for some more games later this evening (7pm gmt).
Both all those great games, bazillion HZ and Zelda threads + the insane negativity over the beta is probably much the result.

You know where to find your best off road driver and witness the best helicopter flying.

😂😂😂😂😭

We Xbox One players be like "YEAH WIldlands!".

It's very good, but small consolation...
Scorpio!!

To be fair Crackdown 3 tho

Top Bottom