• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Have 120 million credits so bought 70 sealed caches from the BoO gear vendor.

NOT A SINGLE UPGRADE OR USABLE ITEM.

Z
E
R
O
LoL

I'm gettin shitloads of caches from Survival (it's the only thing I've been playing since it came out).

I sell literally EVERYTHING. Not a single item worth keeping. I think I got a good weapon or two and that's it.

:|

What's the point dropping loot everywhere but making 99,99999% of it disposable?

lol that new loot cave is fucking legit

this is from 30 mins of tapping 2 buttons

C1xcKffUsAA9Css.jpg

+18 Proficiency Caches.

1 cache every 95 seconds ;)

Zeta Oni

Picked up the game plus the season pass on sale today, was curious as to how much has changed since vanilla? (which is the last time I played)

xclaw

The "loot cave" is hilarious at best. Spent some time in there this evening, got loads to sell of but nothing worth actually using.

Are we back to that point in the game where the rng outweighs any desire to continue play?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The "loot cave" is hilarious at best. Spent some time in there this evening, got loads to sell of but nothing worth actually using.

That's another thing. There's absolutely not reason to BUY anything in the stores. I've been selling my loot since I started the game at level 0 and have around like 49BILLION in cash from drops. Which is utterly pointless since 1) can't be used in DZ [and I have no interest in DZ] and 2) the good stuff in caches are random-drops and you can't (AFAIK) buy caches.

So it's like "what's the fucking point of the store, then?"

xclaw

That's another thing. There's absolutely not reason to BUY anything in the stores. I've been selling my loot since I started the game at level 0 and have around like 49BILLION in cash from drops. Which is utterly pointless since 1) can't be used in DZ [and I have no interest in DZ] and 2) the good stuff in caches are random-drops and you can't (AFAIK) buy caches.

So it's like "what's the fucking point of the store, then?"

At least when you do hit max lvl you can dump it all into cases.... for no reason other than to laugh at what the RNG give you.

For those who say they are opening/getting a massive amount of loot yet finding zero upgrades I'm curious what your current setup looks like and what exactly you are expecting as far as an "upgrade" goes.

If for example you have a chest piece that looks like...

1250 Main Stat
2000 Base Armor (3250 it total)
8% DTE
1250 Armor
53% Ammo

or a mask that has...

1250 Main Stat
998 Base Armor
9% DTE
9% EAD

...these are about as good as it gets and you simply won't be getting much in the way of an upgrade with gear like this already equipped or in your inventory.

I ask because I find it hard to believe players are going through what seems like hundreds of pieces of new gear/drops and cannot find anything useful even after recalibration.

Vic_Viper

When does the Survival mode become available? Still super early in the game but I really want to check survival out after hearing about how good it is.

The game is actually pretty rough playing solo,at least where I'm at. I'm sorta stuck at the boss on the roof of Madison square garden. Decided to level up more before trying him again since I just kept dying.

EL CUCO

When does the Survival mode become available? Still super early in the game but I really want to check survival out after hearing about how good it is.

The game is actually pretty rough playing solo,at least where I'm at. I'm sorta stuck at the boss on the roof of Madison square garden. Decided to level up more before trying him again since I just kept dying.
Survival is available once you unlock the BoO. You access it from the lower part of the base.

Wallach

It is? I haven't seen it as far as I know. Do I need to unlock the 3 wings first or something?

The entrance is downstairs in the Terminal area, on the right. Go down the middle of the BoO (like you were going to the Tech wing, but stay downstairs) and just to the right of the reward claims vendor is the entrance to the lower Terminal area.

For those who say they are opening/getting a massive amount of loot yet finding zero upgrades I'm curious what your current setup looks like and what exactly you are expecting as far as an "upgrade" goes.

I ask because I find it hard to believe players are going through what seems like hundreds of pieces of new gear/drops and cannot find anything useful even after recalibration.

That is the end game in a loot game. A minute increase in stats is what equates to progress at the end game for players like us who have near min-maxed builds.

I spent 30 million credits buying caches yesterday and the best upgrade I got was a performance mod that had a 0.5% higher stat than my current one :/

That is the end game in a loot game. A minute increase in stats is what equates to progress at the end game for players like us who have near min-maxed builds.

I spent 30 million credits buying caches yesterday and the best upgrade I got was a performance mod that had a 0.5% higher stat than my current one :/

Well, yeah, I know what kind of game I'm playing but, still, once you have a certain piece of gear that is near max levels regarding stats/perks you want it is very unlikely you're going to find a worthwhile all-around upgrade is what I was getting at.

Even if I have zero interest in a particular gear set I always keep the really well rolled stuff just in case of future interest so I was just asking when players say they are getting nothing of use are they simply not getting a particular piece of gear they are looking for or like nothing of usefulness pertaining to any piece of gear/gear set?

Basically, to me any well rolled gear is useful and it isn't the game's fault because you're not getting the absolute perfectly rolled upgrade or piece you don't have yet. That's just the nature of the beast with so many gear sets, etc.

Edit: Well, that was weird, I did the Daily Challenging mission and didn't get a single drop outside of the main boss and end-of-mission rewards. I've never had that happen before since the re-tooling of loot distribution. I guess they heard the complaints of too much useless loot.

Portman

I've been away from the game since a week or two after launch and was curious if anyone could offer some advice. I'm wanting to jump back in and see what has changed and what max level is like (was in the low 20s) but I'm afraid it may be a lost cause without people to play with.

Is it possible to play up to the later stuff by myself or will I need to find a group? If a group is needed is anyone up for a beginner tagging along or starting new characters with? I'm thinking it might be better to just start over to get a feel for the game again if anyone is up for it or it is doable solo (if needed).

So what do you suggest DivisionGAF? Should I give it a go and hope to find some folks to run with or just wait it out for Ghost Recon in a few months? I've got the Gold edition of The Division if the expansions help any too. I'm on the PC and in the Discord for it too.

Yeezus

Any of you fine agents wanna help me boost the rogue agent trophy on PS4? Much to my own chagrin I am unable to take on teams of 3 or 4. Its the last one I need before I plat it.

Bydobob

I've been away from the game since a week or two after launch and was curious if anyone could offer some advice. I'm wanting to jump back in and see what has changed and what max level is like (was in the low 20s) but I'm afraid it may be a lost cause without people to play with.

Is it possible to play up to the later stuff by myself or will I need to find a group? If a group is needed is anyone up for a beginner tagging along or starting new characters with? I'm thinking it might be better to just start over to get a feel for the game again if anyone is up for it or it is doable solo (if needed).

So what do you suggest DivisionGAF? Should I give it a go and hope to find some folks to run with or just wait it out for Ghost Recon in a few months? I've got the Gold edition of The Division if the expansions help any too. I'm on the PC and in the Discord for it too.

You've got The Division already so what have you got to lose? Finding folk to play with is easy. I wouldn't recommend tagging along with a player of much higher skill, you'll ruin the fun. At level 14 we once had a 256 player join and he wiped out the enemy in no time at all. We barely got a kill between us and zero sense of achievement.

Otherwise solo is entirely doable. Just stay away from missions where the enemy level is much higher than you. Build your XP and stats by completing encounters and side missions. You'll also unlock all talent slots and abilities quicker this way.

Is max level worth reaching? Yes. It's liberating to be able to pick whatever mission at whatever difficulty you like. DZ PvP also becomes viable as a lone ranger. It's still the same gameplay loop over and over though, and most of us are really still playing for better stats, fighting increasingly diminishing returns. Crafting and recalibration start becoming interesting though.

I'll probably get the expansions now that I've kicked the life out of the main game. You're all set to go.

Portman

You've got The Division already so what have you got to lose? Finding folk to play with is easy. I wouldn't recommend tagging along with a player of much higher skill, you'll ruin the fun. At level 14 we once had a 256 player join and he wiped out the enemy in no time at all. We barely got a kill between us and zero sense of achievement.

Otherwise solo is entirely doable. Just stay away from missions where the enemy level is much higher than you. Build your XP and stats by completing encounters and side missions. You'll also unlock all talent slots and abilities quicker this way.

Is max level worth reaching? Yes. It's liberating to be able to pick whatever mission at whatever difficulty you like. DZ PvP also becomes viable as a lone ranger. It's still the same gameplay loop over and over though, and most of us are really still playing for better stats, fighting increasingly diminishing returns. Crafting and recalibration start becoming interesting though.

I'll probably get the expansions now that I've kicked the life out of the main game. You're all set to go.

Thanks for the info. I'll get it reinstalled and jump back in to see what I've been missing. I do recall playing a bit by myself after my friends dropped out a few days in and I'm thinking I managed to finish some missions just with a challenge which is fun in my book. I do remember seeing a group with a level difference too and I'm thinking it was super easy for the low levels or super hard so I can see where that isn't desirable and would take the fun out of it.

EL CUCO

Made a little PVE/PVP hybrid Reclaimer build last night using Pakhan/Police M4. went into the DZ solo to test it out and worked pretty well.

Cleaned mobs pretty easily and bodied a couple Agents for science.

J0dy77

Anyone playing on a PS4 Pro? I'm curious to know how the Pro patch is working out for framerate? I don't care about the 4k or upscaling as I care about better frame rate during chaotic 4 player fights. If people are noticing better performance I may take the plunge.

EL CUCO

Anyone playing on a PS4 Pro? I'm curious to know how the Pro patch is working out for framerate? I don't care about the 4k or upscaling as I care about better frame rate during chaotic 4 player fights. If people are noticing better performance I may take the plunge.
Framerate have been solid 30. I no longer get those crawls that used to happen

Hjod

Banned
Well, I jumped in once more, wanted to try the Survival expansion but can't get it to work. It just says that the expansion isn't installed and I can download the expansion as many times as I want to from the Library.

I tried all the solutions/fixes and nothing works.

Seems like Massive/Ubi doesn't give a fuck since there is no solution out there, at least no definitive solution.

I've put over 200 hours in to this game, even bought the season pass. How long does something like this take to fix, the expansion has been out for ages.

EL CUCO

Well, I jumped in once more, wanted to try the Survival expansion but can't get it to work. It just says that the expansion isn't installed and I can download the expansion as many times as I want to from the Library.

I tried all the solutions/fixes and nothing works.

Seems like Massive/Ubi doesn't give a fuck since there is no solution out there, at least no definitive solution.

I've put over 200 hours in to this game, even bought the season pass. How long does something like this take to fix, the expansion has been out for ages.
You tried uninstalling and not re-installing Survival until the base game is completely finished? I've heard that has worked for other people.

Hjod

Banned
You tried uninstalling and not re-installing Survival until the base game is completely finished? I've heard that has worked for other people.

Yeah, I've tried that. Twice, luckily I don't have any data caps ;).

But I might have found the solution, it seems that if you download the expansion from The Library via the drop down menu (PS4) the install might not take. So I'll try downloading the base game and DLC from the PSN Store instead of downloading them from the library.

Hooefully it'll work.

Raptomex

Coming back to this game after playing it around launch. I enable DX12 rendering, restart the game, and now I can't see shit.
I had this same exact problem with Hitman but was able to resolve it by bypassing the launcher. Does anybody know of a fix for this or a way to turn off DX12 without launching the game?

Ullus

Coming back to this game after playing it around launch. I enable DX12 rendering, restart the game, and now I can't see shit.

I had this same exact problem with Hitman but was able to resolve it by bypassing the launcher. Does anybody know of a fix for this or a way to turn off DX12 without launching the game?

Look for state.cfg in documents>my games> the division and set DX12 to false

Raptomex

Look for state.cfg in documents>my games> the division and set DX12 to false
Thanks. Before I read this I actually found it in "GFXSettings.TheDivision.exe.xml" and disabled it there. Does anyone know what causes this or if there's a fix?

Just got my 4th Barret's chest piece, this one through a Field Proficiency cache after running the Queen's Tunnel Daily Challenging mission (running solo D3-FNC build makes it easy peasy even with all the shotgun rushers/agents). Rolled with 1201 Firearms, 1979 Base Armor, 7% DTE, 5300 +Health, and 25% Kill XP. I rolled off the +Health for armor bringing it up to 3233 in total armor. It's a decent option even though it doesn't have bonus ammo. Still would trade it in a nano second for a bad rolled Ferro's mask.

Also, for the second day in a row I didn't have a single drop outside of the boss and end-of-mission rewards. I've ran the Daily Challenging mission and had up to 21 drops/rewards in a single mission before. Never had I had zero drops from mobs since the 1.4 Update.

Hjod

Banned
So I might get Survival working tonight after work, but even if I don't I'm going to get back to the game.

What's the best way to gear up again, and I don't want to do any loot caves or something like that, I'd rather grind. I'm at Gear Score 187.

So far I've been thinking that I'll do some HVTs, Underground and missions on hard. I prefer to solo stuff.

How viable is it to do HVTs, Underground solo? I've done one UG solo and the final boss was kind of hard.

All tips are welcome, thanks. :)

Edit: So when I get experience outside of the DZ it goes towards a loot box?

So I might get Survival working tonight after work, but even if I don't I'm going to get back to the game.

What's the best way to gear up again, and I don't want to do any loot caves or something like that, I'd rather grind. I'm at Gear Score 187.

So far I've been thinking that I'll do some HVTs, Underground and missions on hard. I prefer to solo stuff.

How viable is it to do HVTs, Underground solo? I've done one UG solo and the final boss was kind of hard.

All tips are welcome, thanks. :)

Edit: So when I get experience outside of the DZ it goes towards a loot box?

I would do a range of activities in an effort to keep things fresh as drops/loot/rewards are plentiful.

If you are trying to be the most efficient along the way then don't spend any credits or PxC on gear and just mix&match any random acquired gear that allows you to comfortably advance stat wise (I would try to spec into Firearms and Stamina only at this early stage) to the next World Tier ultimately getting to World Tier 5 where you'll get the best stat ranged gear the game offers and where you'll begin to create builds that interest you. This is totally up to the player and his/her preference as credits/PxC/crafting materials are so plentiful that you can play however you choose. That said, it's likely you won't spend a lot of time in the lower World Tiers.

HVT's and Underground Ops are definitely viable as a solo player dependent upon gear/build setup/ difficulty. Hard is probably where you want to stay regarding Underground Ops until you create a strong build with talents/skills that work well in combination.

Yes, Kill XP, etc now goes towards Field Proficiency caches which are essentially loot boxes.

Useful resources..

Introduction to World Tiers

1.4 Update Parch Notes

1.5 Update Patch Notes

Ultimate Guide to 1.5

GazzaGSi

For those bothered about the loot/cache farm at Warrengate , its being fixed with tomorrow's maintenance, cooldown timer for consecutive mission restarts and all deployed skills will be destroyed on restart.

Been jumping back into this lately and having some fun, specifically because of the world tier system and the reduced TTK on PvE enemies. Its nice to be able to wander through a more dangerous open world, and have some real choice in how to go about geting new gear, rather than being strictly relegated to one end-game activity or another.

One question though - whenever I check the incursions on the mission tab of the map screen the only difficulty options shown are challenging and heroic. When I bring up a specific incursion and try to change the difficulty the only options available are challenging and heroic.

Are those the only difficulties available?

Vamphuntr

How do you even get to a game of Survival? I'm in Tier 5, in a full team and it keep queuing up and do nothing. For 2 nights straight. Is this normal? Playing on PC.

Been jumping back into this lately and having some fun, specifically because of the world tier system and the reduced TTK on PvE enemies. Its nice to be able to wander through a more dangerous open world, and have some real choice in how to go about geting new gear, rather than being strictly relegated to one end-game activity or another.

One question though - whenever I check the incursions on the mission tab of the map screen the only difficulty options shown are challenging and heroic. When I bring up a specific incursion and try to change the difficulty the only options available are challenging and heroic.

Are those the only difficulties available
?

Yes only the two hard difficulties are available. Don't even try if you are not four people. Most people don't seem to play them anymore. It's easier to do dailies for the loot drops.

Top Bottom