• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Do they give you an endgame character with caches to open like before or is it your own character with your own gear?

I was using my main character but you might be able to create a new one that is already Level 30 with caches.

To expand a little bit on those new tactical enemies (new appearances as well), you could immediately tell they had a plan to dispatch you as 4 of them had a bit of a height advantage on me, they spread out trying to get angles/crossfire but it was also clear they were trying to keep me suppressed while I had a few enemies flanking and a couple rushing me and this was the very first encounter of the mission. All with grenade spamming too.

GazzaGSi

I was using my main character but you might be able to create a new one that is already Level 30 with caches.

To expand a little bit on those new tactical enemies (new appearances as well), you could immediately tell they had a plan to dispatch you as 4 of them had a bit of a height advantage on me, they spread out trying to get angles/crossfire but it was also clear they were trying to keep me suppressed while I had a few enemies flanking and a couple rushing me and this was the very first encounter of the mission. All with grenade spamming too.

Awesome thanks, don't want to have to grind my character to 30 for the 5th time lol

EL CUCO

This sounds awesome. Do you know if we could play all 3 Legendary missions each week thus rewarding us with 3 exotic caches per character, or is the lockout based on a one time reward?

This sounds awesome. Do you know if we could play all 3 Legendary missions each week thus rewarding us with 3 exotic caches per character, or is the lockout based on a one time reward?

I'm not sure about the cache rewards regarding how many you can get each week.

For anyone who played Destiny's Nightfalls during Year 1, well, these Legendary missions are going to be tough as nails and if your team wipes you restart from the beginning.

One other thing, I was reloading while sprinting so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Waiting for PTS update for matchmaking to download. I'm then going back in probably with a Reclaimer build this time.

Tried playing some RE7 in VR, got to the house and peaked ever so slightly into pure blackness, nope, Application Closed. PS4 Pro off. Not right now...

It's not helping that all I do when playing other games is think about The Division although I do love the atmosphere of Far Cry Primal while hunting animals and cavemen.

GazzaGSi

Why are some weapons red?

What is happening there :D

Red are the new exotic weapons which are formally the named weapons like hungry Hog, Pakhan, midas etc and now come with their own unique talent.

The Eir and Hildr guns were formally Valkyrie so in effect they're now a weapon set which work tandemly together, here's the detail:

Valkyrie becomes Hildr & Eir (Weapon Gear Set)
Valkyria: Each hit with Hildr increases critical hit damage by 1% to a max of 100/ The bonus decreases by 1 every second.
Hildr cannot crit.

deoee

Red are the new exotic weapons which are formally the named weapons like hungry Hog, Pakhan, midas etc and now come with their own unique talent.

The Eir and Hildr guns were formally Valkyria so in effect they're now a weapon set which work tandemly together.

Awesome!

Sorry for the dumb questions but I just started to play again for a bit over the last few days :)

GazzaGSi

Awesome!

Sorry for the dumb questions but I just started to play again for a bit over the last few days :)

No problem,there's a lot to take in especially with the 1.6 patch notes.

I edited the post using the explanation from the patch notes as to what the weapon set is being used in the video.

Did you get ferros mask :)

Tried logging in this morning but Mike kept blocking me when connecting, left it after 20 minutes and will try again this evening.

Just cleared Legendary Napalm (4th attempt - one solo just to see the enemies, 2 disconnects, and 1 completion), got the Bliss holster from Exotic Cache as well as exclusive vanity rewards (LMB-3 Helmet).

My experience so far has been a lot of fun sans the disconnects, skill power is very important as they said it would be and we are back to 1.3 in some ways as you will need to be huddled up together a lot.

Running a Reclaimer build (275K DPS, 400K Toughness, 200K Skill Power).

Just got Delta'd again and now the game won't launch without it crashing, time for a break until it's settled.

Wallach

But those things aren't online yet right?
It was on the PTS?

Yeah, it's a pretty simple bug so there's no chance it gets to live. The damage bug notwithstanding, the healing there is kind of nuts and may need an ICD thanks to SEEKR.

Honestly though even without bugs like that, SEEKR is one of the best things to happen to SMGs in a while. I'm looking forward to trying to build a SEEKR SMG setup when this goes live.

GazzaGSi

Just cleared Legendary Napalm (4th attempt - one solo just to see the enemies, 2 disconnects, and 1 completion), got the Bliss holster from Exotic Cache as well exclusive as vanity rewards (LMB-3 Helmet).

My experience so far has been a lot of fun sans the disconnects, skill power is very important as they said it would be and we are back to 1.3 in some ways as you will need to be huddled up together a lot.

Running a Reclaimer build (275K DPS, 400K Toughness, 200K Skill Power).

Just got Delta'd again and now the game won't launch without it crashing, time for a break until it's settled.

Awesome thanks for the info.

EL CUCO

But those things aren't online yet right?
It was on the PTS?

Yeah, it's a pretty simple bug so there's no chance it gets to live. The damage bug notwithstanding, the healing there is kind of nuts and may need an ICD thanks to SEEKR.

Honestly though even without bugs like that, SEEKR is one of the best things to happen to SMGs in a while. I'm looking forward to trying to build a SEEKR SMG setup when this goes live.
Yea it's already been confirmed to be getting removed on the next PTS update.

GazzaGSi

So is 1.6 gonna be about crit builds? are they making a comeback?

Definitely going to be viable again but so far I've seen quite afew variations of weapons, gearsets and skills utilised well so I think it maybe some time before we see 1 reigning sumpreme over the others.

Completed Legendary WarrenGate (the last room and in particular the last encounter is something else) on first try, Exotic Cache gave me another Skulls gloves but with a great roll (998 Armor, 1252 Firearms, +CHC, +LMG DMG, +Pistol DMG - would re-roll obviously).

These Legendary missions are wild crazy fun, although the Reclaimer set is making them a bit trivial especially with two in a group.

After experiencing a few of them I think Massive would need to add Directives to the mix to put them on par with Destiny's year 1 Nightfalls but they're still pretty tough nonetheless here in the initial version of the PTS.

GazzaGSi

Completed Legendary WarrenGate (the last room and in particular the last encounter is something else) on first try, Exotic Cache gave me another Skulls gloves but with a great roll (998 Armor, 1252 Firearms, +CHC, +LMG DMG, +Pistol DMG - would re-roll obviously).

These Legendary missions are wild crazy fun, although the Reclaimer set is making them a bit trivial especially with two in a group.

After experiencing a few of them I think Massive would need to add Directives to the mix to put them on par with Destiny's year 1 Nightfalls but they're still pretty tough nonetheless here in the initial version of the PTS.

Add me on uPlay if you want to play together sometime, name is same as on here.

Oh, did someone say DPS?

I've done two so far and gotten an Exotic Cache each time upon completion so I'm guessing the answer is yes unless the rewards will be different for the official release.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I witnessed a single melee (with a knife) from an NPC down the three other players in my group on WarrenGate. I think it was the most insane thing I've seen in this game yet.

Lol someone posted the same thing on Reddit. Is that u?

Nope, but it was quite hilarious as we all burst into laughter and it increased my awareness whenever I got too close to the enemy. Seriously one swing of the knife and three players downed. The animation looked pretty good too considering what actually happened. I was about 10ft away but had the self-reviving, etc Health Station out so we were all good.

Gonna try and tackle the last Legendary mission now.

Oh my, I saved the best for last in the Times Square mission. That is some straight up Heat (the movie) level combat x10.

Got Delta'd shortly after killing the last boss as I was going around picking up loot. When going back into the game all rewards were gone including the Exotic Cache, never seen that happen before in any iteration where loot was in your inventory and then gone.

I wish Massive would make the enemies Health Station a different color as it can get confusing and quite possibly get you killed with the NPC medics.

Seriously though, that was heart-pumping pure action right there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, there's no safe house for DZ07, or did I completely miss it?

Ran Times Square again, got my Exotic Cache this time and it was the Historian which might be my new favorite weapon. That is an "Exotic" weapon.

The entire group was running Reclaimer, there is no way this is not getting nerfed. I mean, really, stay in the green circle and you can't die, have zero status effects, and never run out of ammo. That is God mode.

I'm guessing at minimum the range and duration bonuses will be reduced or eliminated all together.

Edit: Played some of the new Incursion but keep getting Delta'd, what I did get to experience had some fun mechanics. One way to combat Reclaimer being too strong in the Legendary missions is to have enemies rush the Health Stations and try to destroy them, this happens in the Incursion.

GazzaGSi

Just had a good 3 hours on it. Build is a bit mix and match at the minute with all the caches but running barrets, ferro mask, bliss holster, speacialed pack and 2 piece seeker, LVOA & Aug. Only exotic weapon so far is Midas which Im not that bothered about.

Did acouple of missions solo on hard and challenging just to get my bearings and test the mishmash I through together and then went in the DZ.
Only explored 07, loving the indoor multifloored combat and they weren't wrong when they said more waves will spawn at landmarks. Definitely made it more exciting and the variation on enemy types during the waves is refreshing like letting the LMB take on the cleaners while you catch a breath, it's mayhem.

Haven't tried the incursion, think I'll leave that for when the patch is released on PS4 but will give legendary a blast tomorrow.

The hip firing angle reminds me of Uncharted 4 when it drops down a little, I actually find it easier hip firing now than on 1.5

Just had a good 3 hours on it. Build is a bit mix and match at the minute with all the caches but running barrets, ferro mask, bliss holster, speacialed pack and 2 piece seeker, LVOA & Aug. Only exotic weapon so far is Midas which Im not that bothered about.

Did acouple of missions solo on hard and challenging just to get my bearings and test the mishmash I through together and then went in the DZ.
Only explored 07, loving the indoor multifloored combat and they weren't wrong when they said more waves will spawn at landmarks. Definitely made it more exciting and the variation on enemy types during the waves is refreshing like letting the LMB take on the cleaners while you catch a breath, it's mayhem.

Haven't tried the incursion, think I'll leave that for when the patch is released on PS4 but will give legendary a blast tomorrow.

The hip firing angle reminds me of Uncharted 4 when it drops down a little, I actually find it easier hip firing now than on 1.5

If you're on when I am I'll play with you. My new mic will arrive on Friday so I probably won't have one tomorrow. My name is the same as my username here as well.

Any thoughts on the new incursion, PTS players?

I watched a stream and the objective was to
protect a hostage
while fighting a boss. You were locked in a medium sized room and the boss was on a ledge where you couldn't go up and infinite waves of mobs kept on coming till you killed the boss.

Then you moved to another similar room where you did the same thing again, but with an added minor objective
(kill the heavy)

zzz...

The final room was kind of cool though, something different
(ol' wild west) lol
and the added objective required you to
shield the hostage from turret fire

Good to see D3-FNC/shield as a requirement for the last room, that nerf is going to hit hard though :(

Final room bosses are
shotgunners
lol

Final room is great. Incursion saved!

Reworked Reclaimer trivializes all encounters though...

Any thoughts on the new incursion, PTS players?

I watched a stream and the objective was to
protect a hostage
while fighting a boss. You were locked in a medium sized room and the boss was on a ledge where you couldn't go up and infinite waves of mobs kept on coming till you killed the boss.

Then you moved to another similar room where you did the same thing again, but with an added minor objective
(kill the heavy)

zzz...

The final room was kind of cool though, something different
(ol' wild west) lol
and the added objective required you to
shield the hostage from turret fire

Good to see D3-FNC/shield as a requirement for the last room, that nerf is going to hit hard though :(

Final room bosses are
shotgunners
lol

Final room is great. Incursion saved!

Reworked Reclaimer trivializes all encounters though...

The three rooms can be done in any order.

There are some light encounters and mechanics in getting to each play-space.

Each one has a hostage that you must rescue/protect.

Each one has a different theme with small objectives/mechanics.

For instance, one has you stopping the NPCs from activating the explosives while fighting off waves of enemies/heavies while the Boss rotates from the front to the back. When you get his health down to a certain point he'll come down and try to activate the explosives himself.

Then you have the Electric Room where an electric blast/overload is sent out throughout the play-space every so often with a Boss in an unreachable location who stays in cover quite a bit. You also have a heavy who comes in about the same rotation as the electronic blasts but alternating who you have to kill in a certain amount of time. Each time this encounter happens you have less and less time to kill the heavy.

The other room seemed pretty straight forward with very little cover and I believe zero cover that you could actually use the cover mechanic on but there are objects you can strafe around between you and the enemy. The idea here is to stay on the move. There is a Sniper Boss and again a timed enemy you have to kill but this time I believe it was only shotgunners regarding the countdown timer but there were heavies in the encounter as well but not timed.

If you don't kill the timed enemies in the allotted time then the hostage is killed and you failed the mission.

The main takeaway from these three rooms is the faster you kill the Boss the less waves and timed enemies you have to deal with. Probably a strategy of two players concentrating on the Bosses and the other two taking care of everything else would work well.

I don't know anything about the Final Boss as I kept getting Delta'd during the third room.

Overall, I thought it was fun in it's current state.

...and yes, there is no way Reclaimer will make it to official release as it is today.

Legendary always reward exotic right?

You supposedly can get three per week so I'm guessing that means one for each Legendary mission.

I completed four Legendary missions (Napalm and WarrenGate once each and Times Square twice) yesterday and got one each time although the first Times Square one was bugged and didn't actually show up after I got disconnected.

I imagine this isn't account bound so having multiple characters should be beneficial.

Top Bottom