• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

That was such bullshit. "7 agents left"

2 minutes later, we (we were in 3) kill two other players and as we're killing the third, 5 or 6 dudes come out of nowhere and literally shred us to pieces in 2 seconds. Wtf.

Yeah Survival pvp still suffers from all the BS from normal pvp. The guy I downed teleported away from me....in the downed state...so i couldn't kill him. Then I got one shot by a sticky bomb from behind.

It's why i don't see the point of doing pvp survival - to spend all that time and effort and then not be able to extract, it's a massive waste. I'd rather do pve and extract on my own terms - it's bad enough as it is that even in pve you have to deal with other players' hunters that don't despawn.

It's not like the score or survival caches do anything - chance of getting anything decent from those caches is minuscule.

Arghh, got a Hungry Hog to drop in the DZ and I'm stuck in a rogue filled server.

If I disconnect in a safe room/checkpoint I'll still keep my loot right? Been so long since I went in the DZ I've forgotten lol.

Have 2 For Honor beta codes (ps4) if anyone wants them. Beta runs from 27-30th jan.

Arghh, got a Hungry Hog to drop in the DZ and I'm stuck in a rogue filled server.

If I disconnect in a safe room/checkpoint I'll still keep my loot right? Been so long since I went in the DZ I've forgotten lol.

Yes you can leave the server and try a new one (matchmake, join someone then leave).

As long as you don't leave the dz checkpoint, your hog is safe.

Yeah Survival pvp still suffers from all the BS from normal pvp. The guy I downed teleported away from me....in the downed state...so i couldn't kill him. Then I got one shot by a sticky bomb from behind.

It's why i don't see the point of doing pvp survival - to spend all that time and effort and then not be able to extract, it's a massive waste. I'd rather do pve and extract on my own terms - it's bad enough as it is that even in pve you have to deal with other players' hunters that don't despawn.

It's not like the score or survival caches do anything - chance of getting anything decent from those caches is minuscule.

Yea I'm not playing PvP anymore, not worth it :p

I play just for the experience honestly, because the reward is shit anyway. Are you going to be online tomorrow? I'll be off from work so I'll probably spend some time in the game again :p

J_Viper

So, I need to complete all side-missions before I can access Search and Destroy missions?

Please tell me there's another way. PLEASE

So, I need to complete all side-missions before I can access Search and Destroy missions?

Please tell me there's another way. PLEASE

You wish.

You'll have to complete all the side-missions to unlock access the S&D ones.

IN
EACH
DISTRICT

Have fun :/

Only way around (to gather intel) is to join someone who has done them already.
Or match make for hvts directly.

While still fun, I have to admit that not seeing that Exotic Cache pop up as an end-of-mission reward results in the Legendary missions losing their luster a bit.

My god. Well, I won't be doing those.

Thanks for the info!

You could always try out different weapons/builds while doing them.

Managed to get the Hog extracted, logged back in to a rogue free server.

Did some LZ bosses and got the Tenebrae too, so the only named weapons I'm missing are the Medved and warlord.

Edit - So the Medved and warlord are incursion rewards, ugggh. Does anyone even do them anymore 😁

Edit - So the Medved and warlord are incursion rewards, ugggh. Does anyone even do them anymore ��

Yes, Medved from Clear Skies and Warlord from Falcon Lost. Poor drop rates too..

I think they put the Golden Rhino in Dragon's Nest but I'm not sure.

I'm happy to run incursions but can never find any one either via matchmaking or gaf/lfg etc..

No point in farming for named guns atm, wait for 1.6 when all named guns and armor can drop from weekly caches and legendary mission completions.

GazzaGSi

If you're on when I am I'll play with you. My new mic will arrive on Friday so I probably won't have one tomorrow. My name is the same as my username here as well.

Didn't get chance to get on but should this weekend hopefully.

No point in farming for named guns atm, wait for 1.6 when all named guns and armor can drop from weekly caches and legendary mission completions.

I'd say theres every point, easier to get hold of for one and why limit yourself. Get a few in the stash now and you run a better chance of getting a decently rolled weapon with the first 2 talents.

Help me out.
Stopped playing The Division a long time ago and deleted my character.
Survival looked awesome so I started a new character and bought the Season Pass.

Been playing a bunch of Survival.
Yesterday I started doing the single player missions and I had like 4000 points for each of the 3 wings. All I had to do was play the first mission of each wing and I was able to spend/unlock the entire thing. How did I get all those points? I love that I have all the powers available just unclear how it happened.

Still watching but some good changes coming like some small changes to the Reclaimer set (lessening the Health Station range and increasing the time it takes to revive) and giving everyone 80K of Toughness for free in World Tier 5 to increase build diversity allowing you to select other perks/attributes besides +Health.

Also switching DTE to a minor and EAD to a major, adding a significant +Reload speed to holsters and +Stability to another unannounced gear slot (+Reload and +Stability will have to be rolled).

I also heard yesterday that existing gear with +Armor rolls will simply have a new random roll but the piece of gear will be reset and you can roll whatever you want.

I have no idea what they are going to do regarding the DTE/EAD switch on say a mask that you have already rolled +Skill Power as the major and EAD as the minor.

Just use the weekly cache bug everyone on the pts is using and get 30 exotics over and over again...before they fix it.

In the PTS I can create new characters, open a bunch of weekly caches and put the Exotics in the stash, delete that character and repeat the process as much as I want thus giving my main access to a lot of Exotics to say the least.

I was talking more about when this is officially released. Hopefully when they release more Legendary missions the limit will increase to one Exotic cache for each specific Legendary mission per week.

GazzaGSi

That's the collection complete for the named weapons I want

Decent STOG, changes sound promising and looking forward to giving last stand a blast next week assuming that's when pts 2 goes live.

Unsure how I feel about the normalisation. Everyone getting max gear stats just makes it feel like survival where it's another disjointed game mode and everything you've grinded for and rolled isn't taken into consideration. If someone's put more time in to roll their gear numerous times to get a higher stat it should taken into pvp IMO. Yet it's putting people on a level playing field when someone could have thousands of hours play time min maxing compared to someone who's played the game a few hours and got a few gear pieces.

Will have to see how it pans out, maybe they could implement a scale over your gear where if all 6 gear items averages over 1260 main stat you get 1272 in pvp, 1240-1259 would give 1250 main stats and acouple more ranges below that.

That's the collection complete for the named weapons I want

Decent STOG, changes sound promising and looking forward to giving last stand a blast next week assuming that's when pts 2 goes live.

Unsure how I feel about the normalisation. Everyone getting max gear stats just makes it feel like survival where it's another disjointed game mode and everything you've grinded for and rolled isn't taken into consideration. If someone's put more time in to roll their gear numerous times to get a higher stat it should taken into pvp IMO. Yet it's putting people on a level playing field when someone could have thousands of hours play time min maxing compared to someone who's played the game a few hours and got a few gear pieces.

Will have to see how it pans out, maybe they could implement a scale over your gear where if all 6 gear items averages over 1260 main stat you get 1272 in pvp, 1240-1259 would give 1250 main stats and acouple more ranges below that.

They are also going to test the Last Stand without normalization, I'm guessing the week after the initial Last Stand one.

I would imagine they're doing it just for testing purposes as I don't know if having both options would be healthy for the player bases overall or the rank/progression system.

EL CUCO

Heard one of the ETF guys say the idea behind normalization in Last Stand is to give it a "Crucible-like feel" and keep the DZ the place where you can run with your builds full potential like Trials or Iron Banner does with light level.

Sounds like they want new players or even older ones that aren't min/max to pick up Last Stand tbh. I'm ok with normalization in LS. I just want to have fun in what seems to FINALLY be structured PVP.

Brakara

If Last Stand isn't normalized on release, it'll be DoA. I, for one, is not going to play a pure PvP mode against people with better gear and weapons.

Isn't Destiny PvP also normalized? There's a good reason for that.

LMFAO

DentalElectricCockatoo.gif

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That new Incursion doesn't fuck around. If it isn't the bugs, it's the fucking damage rate. I have like a 240,000 or so primary gun and that still doesn't hold a candle for Heroic on it. People have to abuse that SMG glitched gun to even stand a chance of clearing out the waves. WTF, Massive?

That new Incursion doesn't fuck around. If it isn't the bugs, it's the fucking damage rate. I have like a 240,000 or so primary gun and that still doesn't hold a candle for Heroic on it. People have to abuse that SMG glitched gun to even stand a chance of clearing out the waves. WTF, Massive?

Not really. Division is shifting (or trying to shift) away from a dps meta. The new incursion requires tight coordination and variety of skills. Dps builds are not viable, although there are some parts of the new incursions that have a strong gear check.

It is an early PTS version and you were playing on Heroic in a game that is in the process of trying to re-balance itself entirely. In my experience with it so far the only DPS-like check was
having to kill the heavy in the electric room in the later rotations when you have like 10 seconds and under to finish him off and honestly a group of four focus-firing should be able to complete that task even in it's current iteration.

---------------------------------------------

After experiencing the "new" PvE content (3 Legendary missions and new Incursion) that is coming in 1.6 Update/The Last Stand expansion it truly is disheartening in knowing that for the foreseeable future there is about 1.5-2 hours (will be reduced after replays) worth of content there. You're expected to replay this content over and over, week-by-week but it's still grossly disappointing. The idea of all these amazing PvE options said to be coming from both the ETF and Massive was overstated to say the least. The bad part is that after experiencing the Legendary missions I have no desire to run any of the Challenging missions ever again or do much else in regards to what is currently available to do on the PvE side.

I guess Ghost Recon might fill that PvE tactical itch but it doesn't have an end-game. Oh well, you get what you get.

Patch Notes for PTS version 2...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1556349-Patch-Notes-%96-PTS-2-%96-January-27

"An important thing to note about Health and Armor changes, is that our intention is to move away from a meta where players could stack damage mitigation and face-tank enemies without having to worry about their positioning or using covers. We do want health and survivability to be a thing, but it should not mean that you can run straight to the enemy in the open and not be punished for it. Above all, good survivability should come in conjunction with the ability of positioning and using the environment."

...looks like they made global changes to the Health Station rather than change the Reclaimer set...

Support Station
All mods: Radius decreased from 8 meters to 6 meters.
All mods: Healing rate decreased by 16.7%.
Life Support: Revive time increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

...+Stability option added to backpacks and +Reload option added to holsters.

Some good details on Recalibration and how existing gear should convert with this update (you'll be getting your resources spent back on any affected gear with a catch).

EL CUCO

Patch Notes – PTS 2 – January 27

Before beginning these patch notes, we want to take a moment to talk about the reasons behind the main changes coming with this new PTS build.

With the opening of Last Stand, we want to try something that has never been done with PvP in The Division: Normalization. The idea is to reduce the importance of gear building in PvP to leave more room for skilled gameplay. While a player with good and optimized gear will always have an edge, a less geared one should still have a fighting chance to ensure a fairer experience. Note that the Normalization formula listed below is a first version that we want to test on the PTS, and will probably evolve greatly before (if at all) implementation in Update 1.6.

The same goes for changes such as Body shot damage or reload while sprinting. We know that these can be controversial and have been heavily debated already, but we want to test these changes on the PTS and see how they impact your gameplay. This does not mean that they will be implemented in Update 1.6. It will all depend on the results of PTS testing, and your feedback on the resulting experience.

An important thing to note about Health and Armor changes, is that our intention is to move away from a meta where players could stack damage mitigation and face-tank enemies without having to worry about their positioning or using covers. We do want health and survivability to be a thing, but it should not mean that you can run straight to the enemy in the open and not be punished for it. Above all, good survivability should come in conjunction with the ability of positioning and using the environment.

Finally, you will notice that we went as far as having a complete pass on Gear bonuses in this PTS. The purpose is to try to offer more valuable choices for you to pick from when min-maxing your build, and removing the bonuses that were always disregarded as useless. The end goal with these bonuses changes together with the Health and Skill Power changes is to make specializing into different builds more valuable, and make sure that you always have interesting options to push gear optimization one step further no matter if you’re going for DPS, tank, support, or any other kind of gameplay style you are looking for.

PATCH NOTES
Here is the list of changes deployed during the PTS update of January 27. Note that all comparative values here are related to what was available in PTS 1, and not the live version. We have also updated the Global Patch Note for better comparison with the live version of the game.

Last Stand
•Last Stand is now activated and available to all Season Pass owners.
•Last Stand Gear normalization is activated: When entering a match of Last Stand, character stats will be modified in order to bring a more stable balance to player versus player combat.

Gear pieces (in Last Stand)
•Automatically increase to Gear Score 256.
•Main attributes (Firearms, Stamina, Electronics) will be increased to the maximum roll of the existing stat on each equipped piece.
•The following bonuses will be uniformly scaled:
Weapon type damage
Skill Power
Health
•All other bonuses remain unchanged.
Weapons:
•Automatically increase to Gear Score 256.
•Base damage is set to the maximum possible for this weapon.
•Talents unlock based on the normalized main attributes.
•Mods act as normal.
•Other stats (RPM, Reload speed, etc) are unchanged.
•All players will be set to the same armor mitigation value.
•Players talents, Gear Sets bonuses and Weapon Sets bonuses function as normal.

Game changes
•It will no longer be possible to reload while sprinting.
•Increased Hip-fire penalties: Weapon spread is now wider while stability and recoil are also more impacted.
•Dark Zone: Koreatown is no longer classified as a Landmark.

Gear Sets
S.E.E.K.R.
After the first round of PTS testing and community feedback, it became clear that the initial direction with this set was wrong. The proposed mechanic was promoting Hip Firing when we were trying to encourage more interesting gameplay. The overall bonuses provided with the 2 and 3-piece bonus was also too strong.
The proposed changes should rebalance the 2 and 3-piece bonus, and turn this set into more of a skill based long range combat set, particularly interesting for Marksman Rifle users.
•Set Bonus (2): +10% All Resistance (instead of +10% Body shot Damage)
•Set Bonus (3): +5% Body shot Damage (instead of +30% Critical Hit Damage)
•Set Bonus (4): After 2 consecutive shots to the body, the next headshot will have +200% Headshot Damage bonus. (instead of “the next shot is a guaranteed critical hit”)

Banshee’s Shadow
Many of you have been asking for a change to Banshee following the change to DZ rules where non-Rogue players no longer loose DZ XP and funds when dying.
With the proposed change, we want to push the fantasy of the “Rogue Hunter” a bit further by providing a “revenge” type of bonus.
•Set Bonus (4):
While Rogue, all ammo is completely refilled every 30 seconds. Damage takent from non-rogue players reduced by 10%. (no change)
While not Rogue, Damage to Rogue players is increased by 10%. This bonus is increased to 20% for 10 minutes after being killed by a rogue. (instead of no DZ experience and funds lost on death)

Tactician’s Authority
To be more in line with the new Skill Haste values, we have increased the Skill Haste bonus of Tactician.
•Set Bonus (2): 15% Skill Haste.

Weapons
•Hildr & Eir
Obviously, the set bonus provided by these weapons didn’t work correctly as the Hildr could benefit from its own critical damage bonus. This has now been fixed.
•Valkyria: Each hit with Hildr increases critical hit damage by 1% to a max of 30. The bonus decreases by 1 every second. This bonus only applies to Eir.

•Urban MDR
Requested by many, the Urban MDR is finally receiving a damage boost to bring it more on par with other Exotic weapons. The damage boost might seem huge, but we wanted to bring it more on par with Marksman Rifles since it handles similarly.
Base damage increased by 65%.
Distracted: Damage bonus increased to 18%. (instead of 10%)

•FAMAS
To make it more unique, we have changed the name of this weapon. We also increase its damage slightly.
FAMAS is now called Bullfrog
Base damage increased by 11.7%.

•Midas
We received a lot of feedback on the healing debuff of the Midas and decided to preserve the debuff idea, but with a different angle.
Midas: Each bullet you hit with reduces your damage by 1% and your target's damage by 1% to a max of 20%. The effect is reduced by 5% per second.

•Showstopper
Requested by many, the showstopper is finally receiving some love with this new PTS build.
Base damage increased by 11%.

•Hungry Hog
It became obvious during the PTS that the current instalment of the Glutton talent could lead to ridiculous amount of damage. We have decided to limit the amount of bonus damage that can be received from its talent.
Glutton now provides 10% extra damage per kill and can stack up to 5 times.

•Historian
It was reported on the PTS that the explosion sound of the Historian was a bit too loud, and could disturb gameplay significantly.
Explosion sound of the Historian has been lowered.

•L86
Base damage increased by 4%.
Damage falloff at range reduced by 40%.

Gear stats
With the last PTS, we removed Armor as a gear bonus and replaced it with Health. While we consider this to be a step in the right direction, we also noticed that the Health bonus was still too strong and that Health remained a Best in Slot choice in many cases.
In order to address that and make other choices just as interesting, we have decided to lower Health bonuses but also implement a new concept: Base Health which is determined by the World Tier you are currently in.
The end result means that players who don’t invest in Health will have more Health than in the last PTS, while players who invest heavily will remain at similar levels. This should make for a more consistent Time to Be Killed.

On top of the already known changes to Toughness and Skill Power, we also had a pass on all Gear bonuses: getting rid of those that were deemed uninteresting, replacing them with more interesting choices as well as making sure that each piece had options available for damage, tanking or support.
(the changes listed below do not include Armor being turned into Health and Health turned into All Resistance)
-bonus is removed
+bonus is added
=bonus remains
Chest
-Damage to Elite
-Damage from Elite
+Skill Haste
+Enemy Armor Damage
=Health
=Health on Kill
=Exotic Damage Resilience
=All Resistance

Backpack
-Skill Haste
-Signature Skill Resource Gain
+Weapon Stability
=Health
=Critical Hit Damage
=Skill Power

Mask
-Damage to Elite
+Enemy Armor Damage
=Critical Hit Chance
=Health on Kill
=Skill Power
=All Resistance

Gloves
-Damage to Elite
+Enemy Armor Damage
+Skill Haste
=Critical Hit Chance
=Critical Hit Damage
=Health on Kill
=Assault rifle Damage
=LMG Damage
=Marksman rifle Damage
=Shotgun Damage
=SMG Damage
=Pistol Damage

Kneepads
-Damage to Elite
-Damage from Elite
+Enemy Armor Damage
+Skill Power
=Health
=Critical Hit Damage
=All Resistance

Holster
-Damage from Elite
-Pistol Damage
+Critical Hit Chance
+Reload Speed
=Health
=Skill Haste

•Other changes to stats:
Enemy Armor Damage is now a Major bonus and no longer a Minor.
Damage from Elite values has been halved.
Pistol Damage is doubled on gloves.

Recalibration
With all these changes to Gear stats, here are the details of how existing gear should convert with this update.
It is important to note that “new bonuses” are only available on newly acquired gear. Recalibrating an existing item will not give access to a new bonus.
•If you had a native Armor bonus (not recalibrated), it will be turned into health.
•If you had a recalibrated Armor bonus, the recalibration will reset and you will be back to the initial bonus when the item was acquired.
•If you had a native Health bonus (not recalibrated), it will be turned into All Resistance.
•If you had a recalibrated Health bonus, the recalibration will reset
•If you had a recalibrated Skill Haste bonus on your backpack, the recalibration will reset
•If you had a recalibrated Pistol Damage bonus on your holster, and the holster was acquired after update 1.5, the recalibration will reset
•If you had a recalibrated Enemy Armor Damage or Damage to Elite and the item was acquired after update 1.5, the recalibration will reset
•All recalibration on Exotic weapons will reset
Unique talents on Exotic weapons cannot be recalibrated
•Free talents on Exotic weapons that don’t have a Unique talent (Liberator, Centurion, Eir and Hildr) can be recalibrated
•Note that when a recalibration resets, the money spent will be reimbursed, based on the recalibration costs of Update 1.6. Since recalibration now has a cost cap, if the initial recalibration costed more, you will only be reimbursed according to this cap.) Note that recalibrations will not be reimbursed on the PTS as recalibrations cost 0.

Skills
After this first PTS, we noticed that Skill Power builds have had a second life and have started to shine. This is a good thing, but it shouldn’t become a new extreme that makes any other kind of build worthless. We will keep monitoring the situation for future PTS updates.

We are also aware that First Aid is considered too weak in its new version, which hurts solo players. We will address the issue if it persists, however, we want to give some more time to the community to adapt to the new meta before doing any changes on the skill.
For the time being, we decided to modify Skill Power’s impact on cooldowns to help players who have low Skill Power, and make more room for Skill Haste as a valuable stat. We also rebalanced a few skills that appeared to be slightly too strong in PTS 1.

•Updated the impact of Skill Power on all skills’ cooldowns. The result is that Skill Power will have less of an impact on cooldowns, leading to slightly faster cooldowns for players with low Skill Power and slightly slower ones for players with high Skill Power.

•Sticky Bomb
Disruptor: Explosion radius increased to 9 meters.

With this very large radius, Dirsuptor becomes a strong counter to skill proxies such as Turrets, Support Stations or Seeker Mines.

•Support Station
All mods: Radius decreased from 8 meters to 6 meters.
All mods: Healing rate decreased by 16.7%.
Life Support: Revive time increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

The base stats of the Support Station were a bit too strong, especially in combination with the Reclaimer gear set.

Vendors
We had a quick pass at Vendors costs to take into account the addition of Exotic items.
•Exotic items sold at Vendors have had their prices slightly increased.
•Gear Set items have been lowered to be equivalent to High End prices.

Legendary Difficulty
Our goal with Legendary Difficulty is to add an activity specially tailored for very optimized players. Thus, we purposely designed it to not be achievable by everyone. With that said, we also want to make sure the experience is fair, and that failing feels deserved or at least understandable.
•Slightly decreased accuracy, aiming and weapon spread of NPCs.
•Several updates to NPC behavior in Legendary Mode.
•Slightly increase NPC damage to compensate for accuracy and aiming changes.

Bug fixes
•Fixed a bug where NPCs would often get perfect aim.
•Fixed a bug where Hildr was still named Valkyria.
•Fixed a bug where Incursions weekly rewards would not correctly contain an Exotic Cache.
•Fixed a bug where Exotic weapons would end up with incoherent talent requirements if they had been recalibrated before the update.
•Fixed a bug where Skill Haste value was not correctly doubled on Gear Mods.
•Fixed a bug where the collision in The Armory landmark did not match the geometry.
•Modified some roamer paths in the DZ to reduce amount of AI that can be pulled into engagements.
•Player can now fast travel to all DZ gates, including the ones along Central Park Wall.
•Fixed a bug where Uncomplicated could be recalibrated.
•Fixed a bug where Tactician’s Authority 4-piece buff would be lost after 10 seconds if not consumed by using a skill.
•Fixed a bug where the Quickdraw talent on Damascus had attributes requirements.
•Fixed a bug where the Glutton talent on Hungry Hog would provide more bonus damage than intended.
•Fixed a bug where mods could be unequipped randomly when reclogging into the game.
•Fixed a bug where Dark Zone leaderboards would not work properly.
•Fixed a bug where High End weapons only had 3 talents available when recalibrating instead of 6.http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1556349-Patch-Notes-%96-PTS-2-%96-January-27
Holy patch notes, Batman. I'd hate to be the guy that has to type this up. It's bad enough to copy pasta 😥

Famas -> Bullfrog dmg increased by almost 12% is nice.

And the bonus dmg in the Hog is still high as fuck, up to 50%... are they sure about this?

GazzaGSi

I hate the recalibration notes.

Again it's like a new game in the same environment with the same shit to do.

Really starting to feel like it's time to hang up the controller on this game and move on as everything the player has done prior to 1.6 is yet again pretty much pointless even without a GS increase.

I hate the recalibration notes.

Again it's like a new game in the same environment with the same shit to do.

Really starting to feel like it's time to hang up the controller on this game and move on as everything the player has done prior to 1.6 is yet again pretty much pointless even without a GS increase.

Yeah, I had this exact thought this morning...around and around and around we go.

Don't get me wrong I love the new Legendary missions and the new Incursion is fun and I think players will really enjoy it...a handful of times.

Every week I see someone post in one Division community or another the, at this point, infamous Skyscraper idea. Although this time it was a little different with the idea of inserting from a Helicopter on the roof and Breaching & Clearing each floor with Boss Battles/Named Bosses every five floors or so. I would love this game mode with Legendary difficulty and tactics. Make it randomly generated and essentially never-ending w/ leaderboards pertaining to each difficulty for solo and co-op play and you have a game mode that would challenge the end-game player(s) and give them even more drive to get better gear, min/max, etc.

...but like you said, we are expected to mostly take the rather massive changes in stride and repeat the same old content. It's getting old.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not really. Division is shifting (or trying to shift) away from a dps meta. The new incursion requires tight coordination and variety of skills. Dps builds are not viable, although there are some parts of the new incursions that have a strong gear check.

Dude, our party could fire (with 1.5) guns 200,000 or 400,000 damage each and barely dent the enemy. It's only when they equipped those glitched SMG's that they dropped them in ten seconds flat. It was a serious "how did this get past Massive to the testing stage!?" mindfuck.

GazzaGSi

Yeah, I had this exact thought this morning...around and around and around we go.

Don't get me wrong I love the new Legendary missions and the new Incursion is fun and I think players will really enjoy it...a handful of times.

Every week I see someone post in one Division community or another the, at this point, infamous Skyscraper idea. Although this time it was a little different with the idea of inserting from a Helicopter on the roof and Breaching & Clearing each floor with Boss Battles/Named Bosses every five floors or so. I would love this game mode with Legendary difficulty and tactics. Make it randomly generated and essentially never-ending w/ leaderboards pertaining to each difficulty for solo and co-op play and you have a game mode that would challenge the end-game player(s) and give them even more drive to get better gear, min/max, etc.

...but like you said, we are expected to mostly take the rather massive changes in stride and repeat the same old content. It's getting old.

I bought a few games since November whether it be in sales or new releases and got some for Christmas, hardly spent any time on them so think now is probably a better time than ever. Last Stand doesn't interest me and I got bored of survival pretty quick after a few runs especially with the same locations of everything .
Without a doubt I'm addicted to the grind for more loot and min/maxing but last night was one of the first times I loaded up the map and just stared at it questioning myself what to do and what's the point, I've literally rinsed all the life out of it where I can't be bothered to do it again.

Ended up in DZ06 mainly going for the veterans for the weekly assignment and had a decent time/extracted a few times without issue so that was quite refreshing but know it's very rare that actually happens solo.

No idea what to start next, carry on with BF1, Ratchet, Dirt rally or start something new like hitman, R6 Siege, destiny or Watchdogs 2. Most times I've gone to start something new the division gets loaded lol

I bought a few games since November whether it be in sales or new releases and got some for Christmas, hardly spent any time on them so think now is probably a better time than ever. Last Stand doesn't interest me and I got bored of survival pretty quick after a few runs especially with the same locations of everything .
Without a doubt I'm addicted to the grind for more loot and min/maxing but last night was one of the first times I loaded up the map and just stared at it questioning myself what to do and what's the point, I've literally rinsed all the life out of it where I can't be bothered to do it again.

Ended up in DZ06 mainly going for the veterans for the weekly assignment and had a decent time/extracted a few times without issue so that was quite refreshing but know it's very rare that actually happens solo.

No idea what to start next, carry on with BF1, Ratchet, Dirt rally or start something new like hitman, R6 Siege, destiny or Watchdogs 2. Most times I've gone to start something new the division gets loaded lol

What you want to do is play a good loot game. It's called Diablo 3 ;)

..and if you haven't already, play Doom.

If you like RPGs, Witcher 3.

Then next month - Horizon.

Mullah88

sooooo basically a new game....but still old. we have to retool how we play an old game every month or so. this is what happens when a game is not balanced right from the start smh. what ive seen of ghost recon doesnt interest me as much (i need to see the pvp, if it has one). so what other modern day 3rd person shooter do we have coming out this year?

GazzaGSi

What you want to do is play a good loot game. It's called Diablo 3 ;)

I was sooooo close on pulling the trigger for the edition in the January sale on psn, an all dlc edition (can't remember the name) was on sale for £15.99. I've never played anything like that, I'm more of a shooter real world environment kinda guy so that's what held me off. Did I make a mistake?

Edit: just checked and it's back up to £60, reaper and souls edition.

Found a new bug - instead of the the music/sound cutting out like how it used to, now my game has the character select menu music playing in-game....over the game music.

Never change Division.

Wait.

So they killed AB, then killed S.E.E.K.R. before it even hit live?

Seeker was dumb from the get-go, it was going to get changed (it even said work in progress).

I was sooooo close on pulling the trigger for the edition in the January sale on psn, an all dlc edition (can't remember the name) was on sale for £15.99. I've never played anything like that, I'm more of a shooter real world environment kinda guy so that's what held me off. Did I make a mistake?

Edit: just checked and it's back up to £60, reaper and souls edition.

Yeah at $20 for D3 with RoS that game was a steal. There is so much content and variety that you can play that for months and still not find/do everything.

Top Bottom