• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Lol got to the extraction, only to be faced by someone pretty much unkillable that constantly reheals and can see around corners.

Cheap as fuck.

You got your ass kicked by a Hunter.

Welcome to Survival initiation :p

Hunters are like jacked up AI agents: they move fast, use skills and hit hard. They don't have any armor but they can heal, disrupt, hack turrets, and one shot you if you get too close.

Ok, I'll try again tomorrow.

Where do you get the M44? In the dz?

You can craft High-end weapons and armor in the DZ safe-houses.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Might as well ask here. Is it worth picking up the Underground expansion nowadays?

Me and my friend play the division on an irregular basis, but we're getting a bit tired of just running HVTs and daily missions. Neither of us have the season pass, and have no interest in PVP. Is it worth picking up Underground for a new PVE experience?

Might as well ask here. Is it worth picking up the Underground expansion nowadays?

Me and my friend play the division on an irregular basis, but we're getting a bit tired of just running HVTs and daily missions. Neither of us have the season pass, and have no interest in PVP. Is it worth picking up Underground for a new PVE experience?

Absolutely not. Underground a soulless and bland game mode, and paying for it is a crime.

Rather get the Survival DLC for a fresh game mode that offers a unique experience.

In any case, with the 1.6 update you should be able to play the "new" pve content that is legendary missions as they are a part of the free update and don't require any dlc or season pass.

Moose Biscuits

Absolutely not. Underground a soulless and bland game mode, and paying for it is a crime.

Rather get the Survival DLC for a fresh game mode that offers a unique experience.

In any case, with the 1.6 update you should be able to play the "new" pve content that is legendary missions as they are a part of the free update and don't require any dlc or season pass.

Huh, okay. Can survival be played cooperatively? I was under the impression that it was a one person or pvp experience.

Legendary missions don't hold that much appeal; we're a two man group so we don't do Challenging missions or Incursions on our own, they're way too frustrating.

Huh, okay. Can survival be played cooperatively? I was under the impression that it was a one person or pvp experience.

Legendary missions don't hold that much appeal; we're a two man group so we don't do Challenging missions or Incursions on our own, they're way too frustrating.

Survival can be played solo or with up to 4 players. You can either play it in PVE mode or PVP mode.

Challenging and Legendary missions scale to the number of players, so I don't see why that should be a problem. If you're doing the weekly high risk target HVT's, then Challenging missions would offer you the same kind of difficulty.

Incursions are scaled to 4-players by default so you would struggle without a full team.

What platform do you play on?

Moose Biscuits

Survival can be played solo or with up to 4 players. You can either play it in PVE mode or PVP mode.

Challenging and Legendary missions scale to the number of players, so I don't see why that should be a problem. If you're doing the weekly high risk target HVT's, then Challenging missions would offer you the same kind of difficulty.

Incursions are scaled to 4-players by default so you would struggle without a full team.

What platform do you play on?

PS4.

We do the dailies and easier weeklies, we avoid the hard ones. Neither of us are amazingly competent; I for example run an M60 modded like a sniper rifle, and use unscoped wooden rifles because they look cooler. If we fail at a mission more than a couple of times we usually give up.

There's a few off us on the PS4 who group up from time to time, so if you want you can add me on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

I'm not really playing Division atm but will play some when I finish Horizon.

Moose Biscuits

Oh, sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I'm not looking for playing partners right now. I just wanted to know if Underground would be a decent enough change of scenery that's not too much of a uptick in difficulty. I'm happy playing with my friend or alone.

Dunlop

My sons friend finally returned my copy of the Division that he took months ago lol.

Can I still play the base game or are expansion needed?

Moose Biscuits

My sons friend finally returned my copy of the Division that he took months ago lol.

Can I still play the base game or are expansion needed?

Nein, the expansions aren't required content. There's actually a fair bit more to do outside the dark zone than before depending on when you last played.

Oh, sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I'm not looking for playing partners right now. I just wanted to know if Underground would be a decent enough change of scenery that's not too much of a uptick in difficulty. I'm happy playing with my friend or alone.

The Underground Ops offers another PvE option with randomly generated encounters, a ranking/progression system, and a good amount of customization (unlocks, number of phases, modifiers, and difficulty). Regarding the latter you can tune the difficulty to how easy or hard you want it to be. The more difficult the more rewards but what World Tier you play in still decides what gear score level of rewards you'll get.

For me as a mostly PvE player I found it to be easily the best expansion of the three especially considering you can use your regular/current builds in the mode (no stripping you of your gear or normalizing it).

Moose Biscuits

Speaking of difficulty, me and my friend just tried our first Legendary mission.

Yeah, those missions can fuck off into the Sun.

Want a mission that's basically a mini incursion with fuck you levels of cheapness? Then legendary missions are for you!

Speaking of difficulty, me and my friend just tried our first Legendary mission.

Yeah, those missions can fuck off into the Sun.

Want a mission that's basically a mini incursion with fuck you levels of cheapness? Then legendary missions are for you!

If it was just the two of you I wouldn't recommend that, not yet anyways. You should have two Reclaimers in the group with the other two being whatever but preferably DPS oriented although you still want a decent amount of Toughness as well. Lots of focus fire is required while constantly watching your flanks.

Leyasu

Banned
Extracted on My first attempt earlier. Felt good.

Hunters are cheap as fuck. I killed three because others arrived.

Last Stand is the worst multiplayer in recent history. I was hoping for a Ghost Recon fix till 9th, but this is horrid mess.
Way too much lag in the equation, nothing seems fair.

Just had my first experience of last stand.

The laggiest shit I've seen since rainbow six 3: black arrow.

"Poor connection to host" in every single match.

GG ubisoft.

Moose Biscuits

God, I wish I could make hunting rifle + double barrel work for me. I just don't have the aiming ability to do it properly, and the Cassidy doesn't give me enough damage.

Brakara

I think I could actually enjoy Last Stand if it wasn't for all the seeker mines, turrets and grenades spam. Basically, stuff that makes PvE better makes PvP worse. Go figure.

Also, the utter lack of matchmaking by skill or groups/solo players is baffling.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Legendary having the punch "glitch" and shooting through walls is GG Massive. I thought they fixed those in PTR?

fr0st

Banned
Unlikely, probably just some stats thrown around and talk about fixing the dlc/patch that was supposed to fix the patch that was supposed to fix the patch that was supposed to fix the game.
I don't think they'll have a special stream just for that since sotg would be a day later anyways

GazzaGSi

Interested to see what's happening but it needs big changes for me to buy in. Haven't played 1.6 at all as the PTS did nothing for me and I didn't agree with the way they went with it. Need to see action now rather than the generic 'we're looking into it' when day one bugs are still apparent a year later.

Had my first couple of games with boosters in LS. They were on the opposing team though. Still sucks as it's zero fun.

Luckily they've said there's a fix coming asap.

GazzaGSi

Ugh, I still can't even find a full group for UG anymore on PS4.

Stings because I still want the outfit @ lvl 40 but have no interest in grinding it solo.

I did it solo but was already at around 25 when I went for it. 2 phase hard mode with acouple of directives is one of the most efficient ways for xp to level up, literally a level+more xp per run until you hit the 30's and even then acouple of runs levels you up.

When the D3FNC set was decent before its nerf I could solo challenging without any hiccups. Unsure how effective that would be now since the set got nerfed and breaks down quicker compared to 1.5.

Also don't pass up on the Intel if you haven't got them all as that adds up to levelling as well.

Its the guys who grinded to 40 pre 1.4 I feel for, it literally took 15 to 20 runs per level to rank up once when you hit the high 20's, was crazy. They rescaled the levelling system in 1.4 to make it much quicker.

Special report is up

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

edit:

They said the Last Stand boosting will be fixed tomorrow

Free celebration emote and 200 premium credits for those who login between 9-16th march
9-11 march double HVT rewards
9-15 march double proficiency caches
unknown.png

No y2 season pass
Every update will be free
Same time on all platforms

Seasons like Diablo 3:
Missions with modifiers (like underground / nightfalls in destiny)
New vanity slot for seasons
Season modifiers example: close and personal - more damage up close, less from a distance (pve)
Season will be timed and the rewards can't be obtained outside of seasons

No area expansions, no level cap increase
2nd free dlc in y2 will have story/narrative missions

Jacket badges for FEATS
ex: 1000 weak points, 3 legendary missions, etc

LOADOUTS: 6 slots, will save skills and talents as well

Loadouts is probably the best thing in the first update. The second update having narrative stuff is good too.

The vanity stuff is normally something I'd be into but the character is so small and the details on the stuff we've seen so far isn't incredibly noticable imo (backpack skins are awful with how little they actually change) that it's pretty much a meh thing for me at the moment. Maybe it's just because I'm console though.

fr0st

Banned
Next update should be in may or something.

4 months for mop new missions or area expansions is too long.

Also they didn't mention any GS increase right?

GazzaGSi

Double Proficiency Caches is pretty cool, got a alt with a full map littered with echos/phone/drones etc to collect, with the new xp system for them, 4 pick ups = a cache x2.

Top Bottom