• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Yup, took like 40 minutes.

That was a good run. Things got dicey here and there but we really pulled that one through.

They managed to make the incursion hectic the whole way through.

I got 2 Sentry's pieces from it. And of course, they're both backpacks. Haha

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I really wonder what Ubisoft is going to do long-term for this game.

I've never played Destiny, but I played a lot of Diablo 3, and that game mostly had legs because of the huge number of different classes and skills you could experiment with to have completely different styles of play.

The Division was fun for me for ~40 hours, but after reaching level 30 it's just such an obvious treadmill with very little variety...maybe this patch will change some things up, but the gear treadmill is still just finding better assault rifles and such.

What do you all think Ubisoft will do in the long run with paid expansions to keep it fresh? More sci-fi elements? New skills? More explosive weapons like rocket launchers along with more heavily-armored enemies?
destiny benefitted from 3 different classes (2-3 subclasses depending on when you jumped in) and pvp. The guns were also a lot more personalized. Even still it got stale. Massive is going to have to work hard because I don't think it has that "it" factor that destiny and Diablo have.

That was a good run. Things got dicey here and there but we really pulled that one through.

They managed to make the incursion hectic the whole way through.

I got 2 Sentry's pieces from it. And of course, they're both backpacks. Haha

Yeah, it was a good run. Will be easier now that we know the spawns and strats, and interesting to see the community come up with new ways to speed run and new ways to cheese :p

That feeling of having a 192 GS and you haven't even touched the Incursion yet. Gonna be a long wait until my group gets on later tonight.

fuzzyset

I really wonder what Ubisoft is going to do long-term for this game.

I've never played Destiny, but I played a lot of Diablo 3, and that game mostly had legs because of the huge number of different classes and skills you could experiment with to have completely different styles of play.

The Division was fun for me for ~40 hours, but after reaching level 30 it's just such an obvious treadmill with very little variety...maybe this patch will change some things up, but the gear treadmill is still just finding better assault rifles and such.

What do you all think Ubisoft will do in the long run with paid expansions to keep it fresh? More sci-fi elements? New skills? More explosive weapons like rocket launchers along with more heavily-armored enemies?

I really hope interesting PVE mechanics are added with the paid expansions. Still haven't done the Incursion, but it seems people are underwhelmed by it. I think it can still happen. They couldn't do mechanics based fights in the leveling missions cause you aren't guaranteed to have a group, but going forward I hope interesting things are added. The gear sets really give a solid base to build upon as far as group synergy goes. I really enjoy the Dark Zone and the tension it provides, but there can be a lot of down time which is sorta a bummer. Sometimes I can run around an entire zone and only come across 1 roaming mob. I still really enjoy the game. Bought the season pass. No regrats. Looking forward to what comes next. They've done a good job addressing concerns so far.

But, clearly, they need to add
zombies

Went 5/5 extracting solo with no problem. In the 0-160 DZ tier there are lots of solos. I imagine I'd still get decimated by a squad or one of the tryhard super squads but it was nice to be able to run around and see another agent or two together and not have to worry about not just dying, but getting instakilled. I'm fine with the tension and backstabbery and mayhem of the DZ, but it was a problem with one dude could melt me in a few bullets while I could unload an entire clip and do like half a bar. I could stay in this DZ forever.

Kind of sad that the supply drops are apparently garbage. I noticed people were already letting them expire and not even worrying about grabbing them.

Klyka

Banned
I've been saying for two weeks that it was just an objective horde mode.

You don't understand, Massive lied, they said it would be 3 times the length of a Destiny raid and we'd have to go to real world locations to solve ever changing puzzles!

TsuWave

do named enemies in the DZ drop 204 gear score items? everything that i'm finding now seems to be 163 gear score but i could have sworn i found some 182's earlier today

EL CUCO

I've been saying for two weeks that it was just an objective horde mode.
I mean, most us with eyes have been saying this...not sure where people are getting all these different expectations from?

I've been watching streams and it looks fun, challenging, and rewards better end game loot.

There is a lockout from replaying HM Incursion right after.

We beat it and there was a 6 hour countdown for rewards, so it seems you'll get the drops from the boss (APC) but not the mission rewards.

The Incursion is alright, it's hectic and requires a lot of teamwork but it is exactly that one room and waves. Once you get a strategy down it's fairly easy. Drops were good. Got over the 200k mark for DPS and 80k for health. Up to 192 gear score now.

Supply drops are extremely dissapointing. They happen in succession every 30 minutes or so, so they happen one after another meaning anyone in the DZ ends up spreading out and there isn't always people going after the drop. It occurred many times that drops would expire because they would be so far away after you grabbed one. The worst part is that the rewards are garbage. Clothing and low gear score purples (163 gear score). It's worth it to get the DT and the named enemy that spawns to get their HE rolls. It's extremely dissapointing, more than the Incursion IMO.

Mob

I spent 2 hours soloing in the DZ today, 161+ bracket.
Saw plenty of other agents going about their business but only encountered 3 rogues the entire time, was very surprised to be honest.

The supply drop I claimed was disappointing though, fighting the NPC's protecting it whilst keeping an eye out for other agents was fun, the contents of the drop were not lol.

do named enemies in the DZ drop 204 gear score items? everything that i'm finding now seems to be 163 gear score but i could have sworn i found some 182's earlier today

182 is the max that any HE drop from a named enemy (DZ or CM/HM) and DZ chests will give. So don't expect to get anything above that from the usual grind.

Loving the couple of hours I've put into the updated game so far. Did the three dailies on hard (and actually scored some improved gear), spent 20 minutes recalibrating my best gear to better suit my loadout now that it costs $ instead of phoenix credits, then bought a new glove blueprint. Managed to see my DPS go up about 15k and my health up about 10k in that time. Enjoying how the daily/weekly assignments add some progression to otherwise mundane tasks.

Spent five minutes in Excursion mode (on hard). Was paired up with two people who I revived about a dozen timers on the first wave. We had no chance. I assume this is because they were under-geared or not great players, not because it's actually that hard?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
What are the differences in rewards for Falcon in Hard vs Challenging?
Outside the Weekly Bonus Drop the Hard Mode reward drops GS:191 Gear and the Challenge Mode reward drops GS:214 Gear IIRC.

Edit:Got the numbers wrong

What are the differences in rewards for Falcon in Hard vs Challenging?

Hard is a guaranteed 214 item while Challenge is a 240 item.

It seems gear score maxes out at 240 currently.

Gear score also doesn't boost your stats in anyway, it's just a guide to let you know what your gears level is. It isn't like Light Level in Destiny that actually boosts your stats.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Arekkz and Skill Up did a couple of videos together and I have to say they are fantastic.

comment, like, and subscribe

T.O.P

Banned

immagineauuxo.png

Gear score also doesn't boost your stats in anyway, it's just a guide to let you know what your gears level is. It isn't like Light Level in Destiny that actually boosts your stats.

So you can have a gear score of 240 and RNG can still hate your ass...

Sounds glorious!

Deku Tree

My 163 superior GS m1911 pistol is objectively better in every way than my 182 GS HE pv4 pistol.

So far so good with the update. I was able to run a quick hard daily mission and ended up getting a HE pistol drop that was several 1000K damage above the one I had been using for ages. Nice.

ManCannon

Just got back from vacation, downloaded a patch, now the game won't launch on Xbox One. Every time it just goes to title screen for a second then minimizes and says "please try again. Sorry that didn't work for some reason." I've tried power cycling the console, no luck.
Anyone else have this issue or know a solution?

Haven't played in two weeks and jonesing bad! ;)

Top Bottom