• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator86

To be clear, there is no excuse for bad service at launch.

"Servers are getting hammered" just means "We didn't want to pay for the servers to cover launch surge, we'd rather spec our server farm for our average concurrency in week three and save a ton of money."

You can say a lot about Destiny and Bungie and how this game is going to kill both, but they launched mostly flawlessly with no major service interruptions on day 1. It can be done.

All true. They just cheaper out.

Who cares

People acting like its the end of the world and it's been just one hour.

Well apparently a lot of people do judging by this thread.

Really though, UBI should have known this was going to happen so no reason to cheap out on servers on launch day. Sure you lose some money but you keep your fans happy.

Let me introduce you to your new friend Mike

Wait for it...:)

Haha! Hello, Mike!

Perfect timing for bed, I suppose. Worked slightly better than I anticipated, and will hopefully be better tomorrow night.

I grouped up with three other guys for the intro, and it was fun. Despite the game very obviously pushing you towards cover, I more than earned my medic badge reviving run and gun teammates dying constantly.

The hairs are different for each face, soi f you're willing to use one of the other faces you can see some wildly differently styles (though all short for women /sadfrog )

Yeah saw that too, but if you only have one male face you kinda like, and that's the thing only kinda, and you are left with 5 atrocious looking hairstyles, it leaves a bad first impression. I mean a few more faces and hairstyles wouldn't have killed anyone.

Why am I even ranting about that? 😅 we will most likely have a beanie, cap or helmet on the head all the time, so why do I care about the hair?

Ellite25

Who cares

People acting like its the end of the world and it's been just one hour.

To be fair, when you're paying for something you expect it to work. If you went to a movie theatre for the midnight showing and they were like, "sorry guys we didn't order enough film (or whatever) to be able to play it in this theater but we should have it tomorrow morning so come back," people would be rightfully pissed.

j_rocca42

Anyone on ps4 and able to play? Hit me up. I'm on and playing but my friends list is sparse. PSN same as gaf.

Edit: aaaannnnddd I accidentally attempted to join another players game and got booted!!!

Ran the in-game benchmark with all the settings on either ultra or very high @1080p and still remained just a little under 60 fps. I can live with that!

divbench0ukjs.png

Anyone on ps4 and able to play? Hit me up. I'm on and playing but my friends list is sparse. PSN same as gaf.

Edit: aaaannnnddd I accidentally attempted to join another players game and got booted!!!

friend request sent

btw anyone else keep pressing triangle to reload. damn you uncharted 4 MP beta

Quazar

I'm once again lucky as I've had no issues on Xbox. Being quarantined now! Was a pleasant suprise starting off differently in game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom