• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Well considering how smooth both closed and open betas were, this is really surprising.

The only logical explanation for this happening is that Activision hired the Lizard Squad to DDoS Uplay.
Kappa

What a shitty way to start the day. Just had a few minutes to create my agent before I had to leave for work.

Wasn't to impressed with the presets, only 8 faces and 5 types of hair? What?! But about 20 shitty neck tattoos? I'm a little disappointed by the range I could diversify my agent 😒

So, do all the stuff in the tutorial area because it seems to crash when going to the main game due to server load.
Not to mention "locked characters" is b.s

Crzy1

Welp, off to bed, was hoping to get a solid hour or so in before I turned in for the night. Guess I'll start over tomorrow after work, hopefully things will have stabilized by then.

I can't believe the E3 area is in the game. I actually went to the police area and closed the cop door from e3 and got the achievement.

Ketch

We're talking about a video game. We know servers will come back up. Relax.

I am relaxed. I'm just not gonna pretend like it's fair to consumers to sell them stuff they probably most likely know isn't gonna work.

Again, it's not okay to be vicious, but at the same time no body should be apologizing for the devs but themselves.

lt519

Mine is doing that, too. I couldn't get passed Brooklyn. I guess we started downloading the game late, so it never fully downloaded the game and patch. I have about 5GB left in the download, and a little under an hour of wait time. I don't think I'll get to it tonight, though.

I was preloaded on Sunday, have about 1.2 GB left now? Bizarre.

Well fuck me, was just watching the cutscene for leaving brooklynn and got kicked offline. Had a blast up to that though.. Can't get on so fuck it I'm going to bed and will go out in the morning for some vodka for day time drunk\gaming to deal with the servers.

Paertan

Because it is not that easy. If there is double more servers then it is today in a month half of them would be empty. Every popular MP game needs from few hours to few days to stabilize servers traffic. It is not best situation but that is how launch of MP games work.

I would say in like two days they would have a ton of servers they don't need. That is a ton of money wasted just so a launch can go smoothly.

aO9nso.gif

TheYanger

What a shitty way to start the day. Just had a few minutes to create my agent before I had to leave for work.

Wasn't to impressed with the presets, only 8 faces and 5 types of hair? What?! But about 20 shitty neck tattoos? I'm a little disappointed by the range I could diversify my agent 😒

The hairs are different for each face, soi f you're willing to use one of the other faces you can see some wildly differently styles (though all short for women /sadfrog )

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I would say in like two days they would have a ton of servers they don't need. That is a ton of money wasted just so a launch can go smoothly.

That's not how servers work any more. You rent out racks at server farms on a needed basis.

To be clear, there is no excuse for bad service at launch.

"Servers are getting hammered" just means "We didn't want to pay for the servers to cover launch surge, we'd rather spec our server farm for our average concurrency in week three and save a ton of money."

You can say a lot about Destiny and Bungie and how this game is going to kill both, but they launched mostly flawlessly with no major service interruptions on day 1. It can be done.

"Servers are getting hammered" just means "We didn't want to pay for the servers to cover launch surge, we'd rather spec our server farm for our average concurrency in week three and save a ton of money."

You can say a lot about Destiny and Bungie and how this game is going to kill both, but they launched mostly flawlessly with no major service interruptions on day 1. It can be done.
Isn't Destiny primarily p2p?

Maddanth

Never had one connection problem in the betas/ open beta. Thought it was going to be a little smoother then this considering. Off to bed. I'll come back tmrw after work when everything gets smoothed out. (Hopefully)

squidyj

I'm waiting for the RexNovis thread.

Pop

Who cares

People acting like its the end of the world and it's been just one hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom