• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

Replicant

I want to protect her, especially since this weird fat version of Vaas from far cry is in there

kqjDubc.jpg

OMG. Now I can't unsee that. How could you?!

I know this is the fault of modern "for dummies" gaming as a whole and not Tomb Raider in particular, but right off the bat, they seriously give you a tooltip for
swinging left and right in time to build momentum
? Are you kidding me?

nOoblet16

Tressfx hair looks SUPER fake. When I saw this section for the very first time I was bothered about how the pony tail was the only thing pointing downwards, I expected it to change with TressFX seeing how it's touted to be "real hair"...it didn't.

And the end result is that the hair looks too shiny, silky and neither does it behaves normally (and the hair strands are too fine). This definitely isn't worth the performance hit because the result just as unrealistic and doesn't really suit the environment the game is set in ie. rainy, muddy etc etc. Alice Madness Returns did the same thing with much less performance hit (not saying it was any more realistic but atleast the game itself had an unrealistic style)

sleepykyo

Just settled into some quality time with Arkham City in the past week, and its now in my top 5 games of the generation. Fucking amazing, stellar game.

Going from Arkham to Moany McMurder-lass is going to be... interesting.

Weird, I always felt like in addition to Uncharted, the TR reboot seemed to be drawing quite a bit from with AC with the detective vision, Metroidvania design and stealth takedowns. Like after, Eidos lost Batman to Warner Bros, they wanted to incorporate some of Batman Arkham series' appeal. Though Batman doesn't seem to be quite as capable or brutal as Lara.

5 hours left to unlock.

edit.
God her breasts are magnificent.

Agreed. Or in the terms of the Guardian

Yet the new Lara Croft is not so different from the old. This younger heroine's curves are less impossible, but they are hardly less desirable. And while much has been made of the fact that those trademark hotpants are now cargo trousers, few reviewers have mentioned that the new Lara's tank top is cut lower than the combat vests she wore before. In a sense all that has happened is that the fantasy has been fleshed out.

Phinor

I've now killed Lara about 20 times trying to do one of the early QTEs. The game doesn't tell you what the QTE is about ie. there's no button prompt, just some rings and then a huge damn rock drops on you. So currently going through all the buttons one by one killing Lara everytime. This is fun so far.

I hate quick time events and doing one WITHOUT a button prompt doesn't make it any better.

Andrew.

Banned
NotTheGuy...you..are..the gif master.

Perfect ones for each situation. I dont know how you do it...

edit: Your reaction:

tumblr_m584s8UYMY1r350zq.gif

Berto

I've now killed Lara about 20 times trying to do one of the early QTEs. The game doesn't tell you what the QTE is about ie. there's no button prompt, just some rings and then a huge damn rock drops on you. So currently going through all the buttons one by one killing Lara everytime. This is fun so far.

I hate quick time events and doing one WITHOUT a button prompt doesn't make it any better.
Yeah, it's stupid. You gotta press F.

sleepykyo

Well yeah of course, but there arent that many out there unfortunatley.

Really wish I was doing that OT but Id need a bunch of assistance with it.

It isn't Camilla really contributes anything (positive) to Lara, yet her pics are common. When it should be Allison Carroll for historical versus the practice of Lara girls ended.

Just post the other cosplays from the female and claim it was for historical perspective. At least until she finds out and requests the pictures get taken down.

edit:

Eye of the Tiger, Jensen Ackles' lipsync edition is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAwd0V9aoo

Hagi

Played about an hour so far maybe more, eh the game sure looks pretty. The beginning is pretty silly straight into the action fare, kinda caught me off guard lol

Hopefully i'll click with this and they tone down the in your face set pieces. Atmosphere is great when you get a minute to take it in. Also did the first "tomb" was quite the experience lol

iavi

TressFX so good sometimes.

For its first implementation, I think they did a fantastic job. Hopefully the next wave of games to use it drop the performance hit a bit and are a little more polished around the edges.

The hair in those shots look better than any instance in even Alice.

antitrop

do you mean the port or the game, because the game was amazing. best TR since the original.
No idea, never played it. I'm just recalling the reviews I read at the time.

I didn't even know it was a port, I've never given a shit about TR as a franchise. It's been about 15 years since I have even cared about the two words put one next to the other in the context of video games.

nikos

Let me start this post by stating that I've played through all of the Uncharted games completely and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Let me end it by saying that, after playing on PC for a few hours, I believe Tomb Raider is better in every aspect except story telling, so far.

Didn't the Saturn version of Tomb Raider have the best version of the console releases? I could of swore I read that somewhere.

I've never played the PlayStation version, but I think the Saturn version has a higher framerate...but the PlayStation version looks considerably better. The PC version looks and runs better than both, obviously.

I have the PC and Saturn versions, but I play the Saturn version more, since I can never get the PC version to run right on newer computers, and I don't feel like hooking up any of my older computers just to play it.

I think the Saturn version might have been the first version in development, but I could be wrong.

sleepykyo

Let me start this post by stating that I've played through all of the Uncharted games completely and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Let me end it by saying that, after playing on PC for a few hours, I believe Tomb Raider is better in every aspect except story telling, so far.

Damn it. Expectations rising.

Tc91

Damn it. Expectations rising.

Yeah wow. I bought this game based on the excellent reviews and reading peoples thoughts in this thread and it hasn't disappointed me so far.

After hearing everyone say it's like Uncharted that got me hooked.

I would like to see some DLC for this game geared towards the single player game. Tombs and caves should be in every DLC along with other various additions.

Top Bottom