• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

antitrop

Lol, how does this thread have nearly 4200 replies before most of the world has the game?
I honestly have nothing better to do until I can actually play the game and talking a lot in this thread is good for building up anticipation.

Then I can blow my load tomorrow actually talking about the game.

Nemesis_

I am still seething from my OBVIOUSLY UNINTENTIONAL BUT INSTEAD GLITCHED multiplayer progress wipe.

ibbRUZTfaEzUbs.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yet if it were Halo, it'd probably already be at OT2 before the game was released.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, FRACAS?

Halo 4 sucked. Years of waiting, and the game was terribad. Soon after launch, everyone moved to the main Halo OT and now we cry bitter tears over the grave of a once great franchise.

My God is dead

sleepykyo

So has anyone figured out the nude code yet? I wanna see a naked lady trudging around corpses and mutilated bodies, covered in blood. If not, a swimsuit (thong pls) would be acceptable.

I feel like the should get this reference, but I don't. If you remove the naked lady bit, it would be the Descent. Carrie had a dress on. Skarlet's (MK9) outfit is virtually a thong. Don't get the reference.

kuroshiki

Halo 4 sucked. Years of waiting, and the game was terribad. Soon after launch, everyone moved to the main Halo OT and now we cry bitter tears over the grave of Halo.

My God is dead

I don't know what you are talking about. That AI lady, Cortana, got total makeover in Halo 4. She's better than ever before in terms of body shape.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Just a headsup from what I'm hearing from people already playing the PC version: The game crashes with tesselation on if you have Nvidia cards. Crashes even faster with tressFX + tesselation.

Dead

well not really...yet
They should put some skins in like they did with Arkham City (with all the different Batmans). Let us play as Lara from either the Legend, Anniversary, or Underworld games.
Since there are preorder skins we at least know there is a system in the game to change outfits. Further dlc outfits dont seem out of the realm of possibility

Grisby

I'm excited and I wont be able to dig into till tomorrow afternoon. Feels like forever and a day since I watched that demo on MS's e3 screen.

Or saw that supposed leaked art that had demons and lara's original incarnation.

That GIF is next-gen.

I fully except TR2 to look even better than that GIF. IT MUST.

I'm excited and I wont be able to dig into till tomorrow afternoon. Feels like forever and a day since I watched that demo on MS's e3 screen.

Or saw that supposed leaked art that had demons and lara's original incarnation.

Those were the pieces of art that got me intrigued in this game. I like her look here. Very Kate Beckinsale.

Teleporter

Yes, there are a buch of options, actually, it's really impressive. I haven't tried it yet, though because I don't play with HDMI atm. might some time in future.

iFyrRIPpYjnmx.gif

thats good to know! Crysis 3 is awesome in 3d Lara will be a dream! cant wait any longer

UC3 will always hold a special place in my heart as the game where I finally realized what was happening every time I popped in a game I was super hyped for on GAF before release, felt totally numb during the first hour, and promptly began blacking out while playing for rest of the night wasn't GAF hype burnout or uncontrolled narcolepsy, it was just perfectly natural, unadulterated, unreconcilable boredom.

Skilletor

UC3 will always hold a special place in my heart as the game where I finally realized what was happening every time I popped in a game I was super hyped for on GAF before release, felt totally numb during the first hour, and promptly began blacking out while playing for rest of the night wasn't GAF hype burnout or uncontrolled narcolepsy, it was just perfectly natural, unadulterated, unreconcilable boredom.

That's how I feel playing any Uncharted.

Spazznid

Yes... 3d am ready...

ibkU3IzZVaWQNk.gif

Trying to avoid posting anything spoilery, all you know is hair and asplosions...

Let me know if it's too much.

Sorry if this has been answered already but I think I'm going to impulse buy this at Wal Mart at midnight because I have a gift card. PS3 or 360? Pro and cons of both would be a nice bonus.

Qvoth

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
8167.078MB
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series(VRAM 1760 MB) 8.17.0010.1172

can this handle the tressfx hair thing? or should i leave it off?

Spazznid

Sorry if this has been answered already but I think I'm going to impulse buy this at Wal Mart at midnight because I have a gift card. PS3 or 360? Pro and cons of both would be a nice bonus.

I heard PS3 has sharper textures, but 360 has better fps (slightly) but those are not official.

antitrop

We'll know nothing for sure until the DF.

It doesn't really matter, nobody has posted any significant performance differences.

Skilletor

I was just exaggerating for effect of course.

Well, except for the part where UC3 put me to sleep.

I'm glad I queued the PS3 version. Not sure why, but it seems lately the PS3 versions of several multiplats have been looking/performing better.

I haven't been able to play more than an hour or two of any Uncharted game. I didn't even bother with 3. I'd be better off just watching cutscenes on Youtube. Voice acting and direction is great. I definitely enjoy that, but I'm not going to subject myself to the boring gameplay to get to it.

Ceebs

So as a long time Tomb Raider fan after putting in about 5 hours so far this is 100% not Tomb Raider.

What it is instead is a very good Uncharted game.

While fun, it does make me depressed that yet another series got rebooted into a trendy game design even if it does it very well. It is everything I expected as soon as the first details came out. I will keep playing and enjoying it for what it is, but like all the other big thrill ride games, I will likely forget it and move on as it becomes relegated to being just another empty gaming calorie.

Top Bottom