• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

KemoSabe

it looks very interesting and i would like to try it.
but since it seems to be even more "passive" then animal crossing, i think i´ll pass.

Kuntz

It clearly IS a LSD simulator. Queen Elisabeth loved the salad I gave her somuch she went on a breakdancing spree.

No wonder it's done by Wario Ware people.

And thanks for suggestions,I'll add berlusconi, rodman, osama and napoleon (
napoleon
outfit is ingame)

Javier

Downloaded overnight and will start playing this evening when I get home from work. Normally I go physical for retail games, but this certainly looks like something you want on your system at all times.

pdk27

Ah, totally forgot to download it before leaving for work. Guess I'll be playing it when I get home instead of during my lunch hour.

What is the Spotpass item (EU) currently? I was gonna import the game because its cheaper but doubt it would arrive in time to get the item, is it worth paying more locally to get the game quicker?

it looks very interesting and i would like to try it.
but since it seems to be even more "passive" then animal crossing, i think i´ll pass.

I ended up having enough points saved that I got it for $7.50 and the passive nature is actually what won me over. It'll be a nice time-waster in-between Mario Kart losses and attempts at getting back into Metroid Prime 2.

Robin64

What is the Spotpass item (EU) currently? I was gonna import the game because its cheaper but doubt it would arrive in time to get the item, is it worth paying more locally to get the game quicker?

A marathon outfit. SpotPass for it ends on the 15th June.

Best place to get the game for EU is probably with the download code on GAME UK's website,

Machine

I brought Bish into my game using the QR code that was posted earlier in the thread. The first news report I get is that Bish has a cavity because he sometimes forgets to brush his teeth before bed. I can see this being amusing for a while.

Oswen

I was on the fence but decided to get it in in the end.
It's pretty hilarious, i just hope it wont get boring too fast.

Lunar15

I want to share my personal Mii with people, but whenever I try to make a code or send it over streetpass, it says that my profile contains inappropriate words. I can't find anything inappropriate about it, so I'm really confused. Anyone else have this problem?

Robin64

I want to share my personal Mii with people, but whenever I try to make a code or send it over streetpass, it says that my profile contains inappropriate words. I can't find anything inappropriate about it, so I'm really confused. Anyone else have this problem?

Odd. What's the name? And what phrases does he have?

stuminus3

First hour or so makes me think it's more like Nintendogs with Miis than Animal Crossing. Nintendogs with Miis possibly on drugs.

kubus

Nintendogs with Miis possibly on drugs.
Yes, this is an accurate description lol.

Hardly have time to play now but I'll be in a three hour train ride soon. Almost looking forward to it just because it gives me a chance to play this, haha.

Listonosh

Does anyone not have a move in version demo code? They sent me a booklet with some extras but none of my employees have 3ds or care about the game. What better place to give them away then my favorite forum?

I'm assuming these are already gone? =P

zroid

Banned
Is there any reason why you'd want to play the move-in demo before starting the game? Do you get any bonuses or something?

Robin64

Is there any reason why you'd want to play the move-in demo before starting the game? Do you get any bonuses or something?

You get some panda outfits, but they're not exclusive, you can end up getting them in the full game too.

So the game pulls mii's from your mii maker and from... streetpass?

But not your friends list?

If I streetpassed a friend I want in the game months and months ago, how far does it go back?

Basically, is there an easy way to do this without harassing people for QR codes on facebook?

Taxman

Was this announced somewhere? Second time I've seen someone mention this.

I'm only saying it because of the OP saying "The following QR Codes will be updated to Tomodachi Life QR Codes once the game is released." I would say ask whoever it was that made this thread. Wait... <_<...

kubus

I'm only saying it because of the OP saying "The following QR Codes will be updated to Tomodachi Life QR Codes once the game is released." I would say ask whoever it was that made this thread. Wait... <_<...
oh god I was afraid that was where people were getting that idea from :p I'll edit it

I meant I would redo the QR codes myself, after I got a copy of the game to work with. They're only Mii Maker Miis now because at the time I made the OP, I didn't have the game to make the special Tomodachi QR Codes with. So to be clear: Nintendo isn't distributing them, I am :p. Sorry for the confusion.

kubus

BTW, the Tomodachi Life Hangout is starting in about ~ 1,5 hours. Can't watch it unfortunately, but maybe others are interested in checking it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpUJZoN-qLo

What happens when family, friends and celebrities become Mii characters and live on an island together? Tomodachi Life, that's what!

Join our Hangout as we chat about the weird and wonderful world of Tomodachi Life!

Meet our Panelists:
HOST: Krysta Yang, Assistant PR Manager at Nintendo of America
* Jose Otereo, Associate Editor at IGN
* Kristina Horner, video blogger
* NintendoFanGirl (Sam), video blogger
* Colin, co-founder and Editor-in-Chief, Gamnesia

MicH

This game...

My mom constantly hangs out with Reggie and has befriended everyone except my dad

My dad is only friends with Miyamoto and now wants to go on a vacation with him. Hmm...

TheGrue

This game is so....odd. I wasn't planning on buying it, but I watched the Direct on it and it sold me. Imported all the celebs in and brought a Kevin Smith Mii I had into the game as my first friend. Will be interesting to see what "official" QRs get shared.

Ok. I don't like this game anymore.

My girlfriend's Mii just told me she had feelings for my roommate's Mii even though I identified her as my "spouse." I'm a little disgusted right now.

Dragoshi1

Bought this morning at 6:12am, haven't put it down since!

Absolutely hilarious game.

Named my island HanaKana, and it's home to a bunch of random characters like;

Erika and Tsubomi from Heartcatch Precure
Ryuuko, Aikuro, and Mako from Kill La Kill
Reggie, Miyamoto, and Iwata
Kobeni and Hakuya from Mikakunin
And then my small assortment of family members

I'll post some pics later.

Frolow

Banned
So how does item trading in this game work? Can you trade with other players via online like in Animal Crossing?

Top Bottom