• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons of new The Order 1886 details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics graphics graphics. Yawn. Not a single mention of an interesting gameplay mechanic. "It's all about the experience" (TM). That's AAAA for you I guess.

If the world really is rendered with softy body physics, then that alone is a very interesting gameplay mechanics. Just imagine a world where everything can be blown up or changed in some way due to it not being static. As FeiRR mentioned, it would be one of the first examples of something truly next-gen.

Slixshot

Banned
"-Ready at Dawn took a unique twist to QTEs, sometimes melee attacks occur during gameplay, time slows down and you can rotate your camera and find different things in the environment to give you an edge"

interesting...

Brokun

Cannot freakin' wait for this game. The soft body physics feature sounds like it could be a show stopper. Let's hope they deliver.

[Everything in the world is rendered with soft body physics ]

WTF does that mean?

hqdefault.jpg

luca_29_bg

shinobi602 please i beg you, send me via pm the scans if you can or i....i....i will die!!!! i'm dying to see more! O__O

jet1911

Graphics graphics graphics. Yawn. Not a single mention of an interesting gameplay mechanic. "It's all about the experience" (TM). That's AAAA for you I guess.

Look at the videos I posted and imagine that tech in a game that features explosive weapons and possibly some environmental manipulation weapons. Game changer.

Empty

premise sounds like utter nonsense haha. the knights of the roundtable in a different era fighting wolf people with lightning guns is like something i'd come up with as a kid.

interested to see those twists on the qte's

Most anticipated PS4 game behind Infamous Second Son.

I'd throw the game my avatar is from in there, but I'm going in with low expectations.

Skeff

Look at the videos I posted and imagine that tech in a game that features explosive weapons and possibly some environmental manipulation weapons. Game changer.

I'm imagining a Building and a gun that fires a magnetic ball, deforms all of the metal supports and the building crumbles inwards....Next gen

antoniobanderas.gif

Fabrik

Banned
If the world really is rendered with softy body physics, then that alone is a very interesting gameplay mechanics. Just imagine a world where everything can be blown up or changed in some way due to it not being static. As FeiRR mentioned, it would be one of the first examples of something truly next-gen.

Sorry but no I don't think so, it's not new and it's mostly cosmetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8KeFgzqsPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-oafGm9HPo

IcyEyes

Yeah, I hope the multiplayer component will be some type of co-op mode. That...would be quite delightful, indeed.

Yes, it would be delightful, but I know that creating a multiplayer (vs, co-op, etc) with a good quality it's pretty hard on a new IP that have a strong single player component.
Maybe the second installment.

Anyway, these info are pretty nice. Can't wait to try this game!

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Just skimmed through the article. I'm a big fan of Ready at Dawn since Daxter, so I'm pretty excited about this game. The graphics look damn good and extremely immersive in the magazine screenshots, but I don't know how I feel about the art direction. It just seems... confused. Also, I am NOT a fan of the black bars, though I can look past that. The game's camera looks a lot like Gears of War (a plus for me), and I also can't shake the TLoU vibe I'm getting from the game (maybe it's using the same graphics engine?).

Overall I'm still pretty damn excited about this game and I'll probably get a PS4 around the time it comes out.

system11

When I read the first few bullet points I abandoned the hope that this would be 60fps. "It's all about the screenshots" would be just as appropriate.

EGM1966

Game sounds bonkers - but the kind of bonkers I love. Will have an eye on this for sure. Certainly some interesting statements there too. Sounds like it'll have MP with a reveal closer to release (at least that's how I always read "can't talk about right now").

Colour me surprised. When I saw the reveal trailer, with the class-esque type characters coming out of that wagon and blasting stuff, I took it for a 4 player multiplayer co-op shooter.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Yea...sure.

I would like nothing more than to eat my own words if this is true, but I simply doubt it.

Dat 2.40:1 aspect ratio = GFX secret sauce? ;)

The magazine has some in game screenshots and it looks the same as the trailer if not a bit more polished up.

B.O.O.M

What excites me the most (other than the setting) is the story..it actually sounds much more interesting than I expected

Here are some gamescom impressions of the physics

Weerasuriya went wild with Galahad’s weaponry, showing the destruction of fences, tables, and other items lying around a sterile, textureless environment. The idea was to show that little items act realistically. A wooden pail blown off of a table will roll around with its handle interrupting its movement; most games would treat this object like any other, or ignore your ability to interact with it completely. If he shot metal, it would dent instead of showing bullet holes. Glass, on the other hand, shatters. At one point, he threw one of Galahad’s grenades – which look a great deal like World War II potato mashers – into a box suspended in the air. It detonated into dynamic shrapnel that look like a far cry from a current-gen explosion.

The second demonstration showed an outdoor courtyard that looked a little rudimentary and simple, but may very well end up being in the final game in an updated form. Here, Weerasuriya showed similar features. The most interesting thing he talked about here was in relation to flags hanging around the courtyard. Each waved independently of one another; each looked different and unique not in design, but in movement. This is due to them reacting not to code that tells them to wave, but rather to in-engine wind physics. Little things like this sound minor – and many of them are – but it’s intriguing how all of these little things, when combined and taken together, could create an environment that’s more real and more believable than the environments many games of the current generation take place in.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/gamescom-technology-meets-antiquity-in-ps4s-the-order-1886

The first demo explains why there was so much emphasis of these moves to a truly dynamic engine. Ready at Dawn wants the players to be able to truly impact and change the gaming environment they find themselves within. An example for this was a grenade being thrown within a wooden box which exploded into splintered fragments. If a second grenade was thrown, these splinters would divide further as they are destroyed more and more.

Ru's second demonstration looked at the actual materials that made up objects in Order: 1886. Objects will break and change according to their material worth. A bronze bucket or metal wall will dent and leave markings when shot and a teddy bear (used for the purposes of the demo) will break into several pieces when it is shot at rapidly. The changes to the materials of the world will also depend on what ammo and weapons a user is experimenting with at the time.

http://www.videogamesuncovered.com/...ith-advanced-physics-system.html#.UlRN_FA4T38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom