• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons of new The Order 1886 details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elginer

Oh god this sounds soo damn good. Already pre-ordered. Basically a next-gen badass mix of Gears of War and Nightmare Creatures. FUCK YES!!!

Yo93

Next-gen goodness
aGkeIXf.jpg

Came this to mind.
art-002.jpg

Pure sex. Seriously everything about this game (acsthetic, details posted in OP, mood of trailer) have my nipples bursting with pleasure.

I, and my stache, are at The Order's service.

Hydrargyrus

The only thing I really don't like about this game is this fu**ing 2:40:1 ratio.

WTF are they thinking??. Came on, you have plenty of time to solve this thing, that nobody wants!

DieH@rd

Banned
What is soft party physics? First time I am hearing this term! Need some visual examples

Rigid body = no matter what force you apply on it, rigid body will not change its shape. This is usefull for some physics calculation, especially since you dont have to calculate 100000000 ways in which that object can be changed. Video games used this kind of fixed objects for decades now, sometimes with few predefined "brake" points [famously, wooden objects in HL2]

Soft body = outside forces can reshape object at will. Even a 1000 ton iron meteor is "soft body", because you can crack it with an explosive in a million ways, shrink it or expand it a little with a gravity tidal wave, melt it with a heat of a star or entry into planet atmosphere.

zma1013

The only thing I really don't like about this game is this fu**ing 2:40:1 ratio.

WTF are they thinking??. Came on, you have plenty of time to solve this thing, that nobody wants!

Hey man, it's "cinematic." Sorry, that doesn't really help much does it?

Same, hopefully they give an option to switch to full screen. Couldn't stand the beyond demo because of it.

Rigid body = no matter what force you apply on it, rigid body will not change its shape. video games used this kind of objects for decades now, sometimes with few predefined "brake" points [famously, wooden objects in HL2]

Soft body = outside forces can reshape object at will. Even a 1000 ton iron meteor is "soft body", because you can crack it with an explosive in a million ways, shrink it or expand it a little with a gravity tidal wave, melt it with a heat of a star or entry into planet atmosphere.

thanks for the explanation

Some Nobody

This game sounds like something people will play, fall in love with early on, then hate later when EVERYTHING copies what it does.

Should be fun!

Also, thank you RAD for a story concept that's not boring as shit. LOVE the Knights of the Round.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Im really really excited about this game. The debut trailer looked so cool.

Coiote

I hope there is multiplayer, but not just tacked on. I am all for this game trying to be the PS4's Gears of War.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
2.40:1 aspect ratio is not a problem for me, Beyond was great with it. It never bothered me.

Right. i played the demo of Beyond, saw the bars and wondered about them for a half a minute, then I stopped seeing them.

hawk2025

Hoping for more RE4, less Gears of War.

That means no co-op campaign, but feel free to add a Mercenaries/Horde mode :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom