• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons of new The Order 1886 details

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramb0211

Banned
Hopefully this is taking Uncharted's place in Sony's lineup and not just adding a Gears of War style game. Looks far more interesting than Uncharted and Naughty Dog doesn't need to be tied down by all the weight that comes with a long running franchise.

It's true. The subtle touches and particles look "next gen" while maintaining a very elegant look (not messy like in Resogun and Killer Instinct). The more I look at the screenshots the more the art style is growing on me. It looks bizarre, though.

Interesting. Now I really want to check this out.

Apoc87

Banned
Hopefully the game has less features, less gameplay, less replayability, less longevity and less value proposition. Yes. Great.

Hopefully they pump all of those things and effort to make those things into the single player story.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
God fucking dammit can the OP please be smart enough and add which magazine that new info is from so people would stop asking what's the source.

I don't get the aspect ratio hate... at accomplishes two things (3 if you listen to their reasoning)

1: Widecreen viewing angle - Good for shooters, can better see whats coming at your from the sides... Dat peripheral vision vision.
2: Lower pixel count to be rendered - Better performance translates to better graphics. (At physics at the expense of native 1080p)
3: "Cinematic feel" - Feelin those feels

People just want to use their whole TV. That's why.

We should think Uncharted pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes.

Actually, i think uncharted 2/3's character polycounts are much higher in the in-engine cutscenes. This game will probably be more like tlou as in the same fidelity for the characters(same polycount/rig) and more post processing effects in cutscenes?

Hopefully this is taking Uncharted's place in Sony's lineup and not just adding a Gears of War style game. Looks far more interesting than Uncharted and Naughty Dog doesn't need to be tied down by all the weight that comes with a long running franchise.

I like the way you're thinking with this. I'd love another new IP from Naughty Dog to kick off the next generation. I'd be good with Uncharted ending with the PS3.

Regardless.... this is becoming one of my most anticipated PS4 titles.

DieH@rd

Banned
tumblr_mpkzi8sC381racblmo1_500.gif

Your telling me this is in game graphics 0_0

Yes, that is "in engine" cinematic.
6Zo4.gif

3Aw1.gif

You sir need to visit more PS4 GIF thread. :D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660597

Ready at Dawn took a unique twist to QTEs, sometimes melee attacks occur during gameplay, time slows down and you can rotate your camera and find different things in the environment to give you an edge. These can range from dodging a punch or grabbing an improvised weapon for example
interesting

Guerilla

I've seen the soft body physics demo of cars colliding. So that just means better physics in the game in general, right? I didn't exactly get the point of that video.

Very interesting, I am loving the lore and the setting.

Humanity basically forms a version of the Knights of the Round Table, in this case, The Order to fight off this enemy.

Through a strange turn of events, they discover a substance called "black water", giving them unusually long lives and unique ability to recover from injury

Vampires, they need to become vampires.

Give me more vampires damn it.

real question: why the comparison with gears of war for some of the stuff? i dont get it, it doesnt look at all like it and i dont think the gameplay is gonna be similar neither.. did a dev mention gears of war or something?

Jigolo

Make sure it's the right one. The new issue is showing up on my tablet but the COD issue is on the webpage.

Yeah, I did. It's already DL'ed thanks. I assumed the magazine would be out in November since it's the November issue. Haven't bought a GI magazine in years though.

Looks great on my Nexus 10.

I find it silly for those who think a Next Gen game won't have multiplayer. Next gen will be all about MP

I don't clearly remember, but I think even inFamous SS will have MP...

Hopefully Co-op campaign.

The game needs online coop.

Please co-op.

I'm sure there will be some kind of coop. There must be; they showed four characters fighting hordes of enemies in the first goddamn trailer! It'll be too much of a tease if there's not.

Hopefully this is fully realized, and not some nominal feature. This kind of stuff is what I'm hoping to really see in next-gen.

Yeah, I agree. Advancements in physics and AI are what we need next gen, which can and will result in more immersive game design. Graphics are all well and good, but there should be more too game design than the number of polygons.

zma1013

Very interesting, I am loving the lore and the setting.

Vampires, they need to become vampires.

Give me more vampires damn it.

Naw, that's just a way of explaining why your character can heal himself from gunshot wounds and stabbings after waiting behind a box for 5 seconds.

real question: why the comparison with gears of war for some of the stuff? i dont get it, it doesnt look at all like it and i dont think the gameplay is gonna be similar neither.. did a dev mention gears of war or something?
The way they describe combat scenarios and the use of cover in the article sounds similar to it. I never said it's exactly the same.

The way they describe combat scenarios and the use of cover in the article sounds similar to it. I never said it's exactly the same.
oh ok thanks, i didnt knew if was similar in gameplay for the shooting

anyway, cant wait for this. Sounds really promising and cool, assassins creed coolness

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Have to agree the game is begging for the Bro-Op experience. Would love to play through this game with a friend.

Guerilla

I'm not trying to sound condescending but the comparison kind of annoys me too. The Order has a certain finesse about it from what we've seen, Gears on the other hand will forever be associated in my mind with angry macho dudebro characters, ugly art and bad acting.

I'm not trying to sound condescending but the comparison kind of annoys me too. The Order has a certain finesse about it from what we've seen, Gears on the other hand will forever be associated in my mind with angry macho dudebro characters, ugly art and bad acting.
for truth

That's a title I have been waiting for since forever, this generation was very lackluster when it came to vampires.

Naw, that's just a way of explaining why your character can heal himself from gunshot wounds and stabbings after waiting behind a box for 5 seconds.

That would be a very nice explanation indeed.

============================================

Hey Shinobi, any of the screens you saw had enemies in it ?!

It's an easy comparison to make when the camera is placed in pretty much the same place as Gears of War. The color palette is pretty similar too.

ascii42

There are moments in the game when enemies might surprise you or you'll be unable to use your weapon in an instant, that's when you can use your environment to improvise during the QTE as opposed to just the standard "Press X"...

Exactly. Think of games where there the melee includes context sensitive stuff, so you'll automatically slam someone into a table if you attempt to melee them when are close to one, or something like that. It sounds to me like instead of it happening automatically, you'll have to search for those kind of opportunities.

ThisOne

I guarantee there will be multiplayer and if it's anythng like The Last of Us/Uncharted, then I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Any word on a release date for this? I'm guessing about a year from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom