• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons of new The Order 1886 details

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

That's not true, and is highly variable game to game, depending on many factors. Amount on screen, draw distance, graphical fidelity and all the rest. Impacts to performance can range from negligible to noticeable.

That test is not conclusive of anything. You need to test more scenes and more games, especially areas that are a lot more intensive with more going on, maybe even more characters on screen during gun fights etc as well. There's hardly anything going on in the scene you've compared.

I've never seen any noticeable performance change with FOV increase, even in Crysis 3 and i've changed FOV there a lot.
If i had nice benchmark, i would make full test with some additional performance info.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess my question now is what is Sony's big Spring/Summer title going to be? Assuming that Infamous releases in February.
Maybe some of the stuff we saw at Gamescom like Rime and Shadow of the Beast? They might be content to let Destiny anchor the Spring/Summer period on the AAA side depending on how deep that partnership goes.

Why does every third person shooter get compared to Gears and Uncharted?

This looks different enough, I dig the art style.

Same reason every action game featuring guns and swordplay is compared to Devil May Cry. Those games set a standard and make for easy comparisons.

Raven77

They could easily add separate co-op missions apart from the main storyline. This seems to be a growing trend and I personally like it.

Perhaps. I'm thinking closer to August/September.

I'm sure they'll have Naughty Dog's PS4 title and other first party titles for Oct/Nov/Dec.

I think Sony would be wrong to place this and a Naughty Dog title next to each other. It's not a good idea to have a major IP cut into a new IP's sales. I feel like if this game is good enough, it could buy more time for Naughty Dog to polish whatever is coming next.

nib95

Banned
I've never seen any noticeable performance change with FOV increase, even in Crysis 3 and i've changed FOV there a lot.
If i had nice benchmark, i would make full test with some additional performance info.

Made virtually no difference in a few games I tested until I ran in to heavy scenarios, namely combat. Then I found that the differences were more noticeable, with both Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite. Not huge, but enough to make a difference.

Be interesting if you did a more thorough test though. I'd be interested in the results.

KAL2006

Banned
I hope the story and characters are good in this. If its more straight up shooter action and story like Gears or Halo I wont be interested. If it has good pacing and not just shootbang and more similar to The Last of Us or Uncharted then it will interest me.

Sky Chief

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Why?

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

season4-kennypowers2.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes lol

Not a fan of QTEs but your post reminded me of Eastbound and Down

KAL2006

Banned
I think Sony would be wrong to place this and a Naughty Dog title next to each other. It's not a good idea to have a major IP cut into a new IP's sales. I feel like if this game is good enough, it could buy more time for Naughty Dog to polish whatever is coming next.

I think Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4) won't have their game ready for next fall. I reckon at VGA's we will see Santa Monica's IP revealed and to release next fall, while Uncharted 4 will be revealed at E3 for 2015 release. I also think Media Molecule reveal will be early next year at GDC for a fall release.

So PS4 next year will be
Q1
inFamous Second Son
Q2
The Last of Us GotY Edition
Q3
The Order
Q4
Media Molecule IP
Santa Monica IP

That's all the big exclusives for next year everything else will either be big 3rd party multiplatform games like Destiny or Indie games like Rime.

I think Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4) won't have their game ready for next fall. I reckon at VGA's we will see Santa Monica's IP revealed and to release next fall, while Uncharted 4 will be revealed at E3 for 2015 release. I also think Media Molecule reveal will be early next year at GDC for a fall release.

So PS4 next year will be
Q1
inFamous Second Son
Q2
Q3
The Order
Q4
Media Molecule IP
Santa Monica IP

That's all the big exclusives for next year everything else will either be big 3rd party multiplatform games like Destiny or Indie games like Rime.

This game might make Q2. Not too likely, but it is possible.

If it IS Q3, I hope it is early Q3.

So PS4 next year will be
Q1
inFamous Second Son
Q2
Q3
The Order
Q4
Media Molecule IP
Santa Monica IP

A Santa Monica title would be a better title to push with The Order late 2014 for sure.

DieH@rd

Banned
About the trailer: "While the cinematic style and panning camera offer a more dramatic presentation, it's the only part of the video that steps away from what players can expect from the graphics. To back up it's claims, Ready At Dawn showed us the trailer scene again, dynamically altering the light sources on the fly and rotating the camera to new angles on the 3D models." So the trailer was real-time.

V90Auxu.gif

Just red through the whole article in the magazine and those in-game shots man, we can now put the CG talk to rest, the game looks just like that trailer. Everything about this game sounds awesome! Definitely my most wanted game right now. :D

jett

D-Member
Pretty strange that they've incorporated the Arthurian legend into this. I wonder if the game starts with a prologue chapter in the 8th century. :p Sounds interesting and new at least.

RaikuHebi

Banned
It's great to see Ready At Dawn joining the big leagues after doing so well with the PSP, they've really earned this. Though I couldn't get into their games I remember the great reception they all got.

A wonderful rags to riches story :). And no wonder since they're made up of former Naughty Dog and Blizzard employees!

velociraptor

Made virtually no difference in a few games I tested until I ran in to heavy scenarios, namely combat. Then I found that the differences were more noticeable, with both Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite. Not huge, but enough to make a difference.

Be interesting if you did a more thorough test though. I'd be interested in the results.
BF3 runs at a higher framerate at 70FOV vs 90FOV for me.

KAL2006

Banned
Why? They've had an additional year.

Mainly because Santa Monica are overdue for their game. Stig has been developing for a new IP since God of War 3. That's older than Uncharted 3. Last I heard Uncharted 3 team, some went on short vacation after the game and some staff moved onto helping with The Last of Us. I also think Naughty Dog will want their first next gen game really polished so they will get longer development time, and we already know some Naughty Dog staff are making The Last of Us DLC including Singleplayer DLC, perhaps we may even get a Last of Us PS4 port for the long wait for Naughty Dog's next game. I just find it hard to beleive Sony would release both a Santa Monica new IP as well as Naughty Dog's next game next fall, thats overkill so I reckon Naughty Dog game will get the extra time for development. Perhaps a Q2 2015 release for Naughty Dog's next game.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow this shit sounds rad. Soft Body Physics? I didn't even think any game had that yet. This shit sounds legit next-gen, goddamn.

Nice models as far as I can tell:

gameinformerdyp3b.jpg

ICPEE

It's true. The subtle touches and particles look "next gen" while maintaining a very elegant look (not messy like in Resogun and Killer Instinct). The more I look at the screenshots the more the art style is growing on me. It looks bizarre, though.

Yep, its those little things that put you in the experience. I wish more studios would do that when developing games.

Korten

Banned
Nice models as far as I can tell:

What! A female wearing clothing that covers her all the way? What monstrosity is this!?

Just joking, really good image, and now is my background. :D Sorry Killzone Shadow Fall Scout, you've been replaced. :)

I already said why. Another person is there getting in your way and chatting in your ear the whole time. Anything with depth or a story is better off being played alone.
Pretty much this.
I don't want Co-Op in the SP, but I am totally open to a Co-Op separate mode or something.

I have this friend I played Resident Evil 6 with, and since he played it before me, he was always rushing ahead, he talked too much, I had to take off my headphones whenever a cutscene was playing, and I am talking about a friend here not a stranger.

Mainly because Santa Monica are overdue for their game. Stig has been developing for a new IP since God of War 3. That's older than Uncharted 3. Last I heard Uncharted 3 team, some went on short vacation after the game and some staff moved onto helping with The Last of Us. I also think Naughty Dog will want their first next gen game really polished so they will get longer development time, and we already know some Naughty Dog staff are making The Last of Us DLC including Singleplayer DLC, perhaps we may even get a Last of Us PS4 port for the long wait for Naughty Dog's next game. I just find it hard to beleive Sony would release both a Santa Monica new IP as well as Naughty Dog's next game next fall, thats overkill so I reckon Naughty Dog game will get the extra time for development. Perhaps a Q2 2015 release for Naughty Dog's next game.
I have to agree, I love Naughty Dogs, I really do, hence why I don't want them to rush their PS4 game, let them take their time, craft something extraordinary, and blow us away.

Also can't wait to see Stig's next game.

Can't take my eyes off the screenshots. Seriously among the best looking games I've seen.

Texture work and especially the lighting are phenomenal. Can't believe this is a year 1 PS4 game.

Sky Chief

Can't take my eyes off the screenshots. Seriously among the best looking games I've seen.

Texture work and especially the lighting are phenomenal. Can't believe this is a year 1 PS4 game.

How would you say they compare to what we've seen from Killzone: Shadow Fall or Infamous: Second Son?

KoopaTheCasual

Everything in the world is rendered with soft body physics
Metal beams react for example to magnetic forces, bending and shifting in real time
7a3CH3q.gif

It looks almost exactly the same as TLoU minus the aspect ratio.

Given the 'swing' when turning, I'd say it controls much more like TLoU too.

I was about to suggest it looks exactly like TLOU gameplay, but perhaps it's just because it's the most recent thing I touched, so my mind is latching, but nope, it looks like it handles pretty damned similarly. Not complaining of course.

sublimit

Banned
Ready at Dawn took a unique twist to QTEs, sometimes melee attacks occur during gameplay, time slows down and you can rotate your camera and find different things in the environment to give you an edge. These can range from dodging a punch or grabbing an improvised weapon for example

How sad is it that the only bit of gameplay information is something that has to do with QTEs?Definitely doesn't give me much hope for the game.

Theecliff

Banned

Someone needs to hurry up and get these screens on here if it does look that good - I'm actually quite interested in seeing some footage of it now.

VXLbeast

Soft-body physics is megaton. That's the sort of stuff that screams "net-gen" for me.

And if this story has an occult sort of vibe...oh man. Count me interested.

season4-kennypowers2.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes lol

Not a fan of QTEs but your post reminded me of Eastbound and Down

Man, the first episode did not blow me away.. but hot damn, the most recent episode of Eastbound was crucial.

Nozem

• Battle scenes are chaotic and exciting, with use of cover, somewhat similar to of Gears of War

Cover in Gears of War works because the enemies shoot at you. I'm wondering if these beast-enemies can fire a gun. Melee only doesn't make sense with a cover system.

sublimit

Banned
So QTEs aren't the only bit of information we know about the gameplay. They mentioned a unique thing it was doing; that's all. Nothing sad about it.

Ok then i'll rephrase what i said. The ony NEW piece of actual gameplay information mentioned in the OP is something that is related to QTEs.That is sad (for me).

Better now? ;)

StuBurns

Banned
Cover in Gears of War works because the enemies shoot at you. I'm wondering if these beast-enemies can fire a gun. Melee only doesn't make sense with a cover system.
It makes sense to break line of sight to move around a battle field while conditioning enemies.

EDIT: Where are the screens? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom