• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

gibration

As long as it plays like classic THPS then i'm all in. Returning playable skaters and soundtrack would only confirm my purchase day 1.

zeioIIDX

You know what is SO fucking weird? Tonight before I left out to go hang with a friend, I was tying my shoes in my room...and I looked ahead at my gaming setup and for some reason decided to scan my old PS1 games. I saw Tony Hawk 1 and 2 and thought to myself, "Man...I haven't played those in so long, I had some great memories playing those two games!". And then I get home just now and find out it's being HD-ified. Crazy...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Better have the original soundtracks...

SO HERE I AM DOIN' EVERYTHIN' I CAN~

Holy god, Tony Hawk or Activision listened to us. So buying it because I dumped some ungodly hours into the demo of THPS1 in the day.

I'm guessing they'll port the ngage version cause it already has all the stages from 1 done and one from THPS2. It just makes financial sence.

I'd love to pick this up if it's executed well. Better not gimp that PS3 version, as there is no chance I'd pick this up on the 360 with that d-pad.

this game better have reverts.

I think the levels in 2 where better but it was the introduction of reverts in 3 that perfected the gameplay

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I love the classic Tony Hawk games. The graphics look much improved, too.

I would probably prefer THPS3 to 1 and 2, though.

Platforms announced?

Jtrizzy

I'd love to pick this up if it's executed well. Better not gimp that PS3 version, as there is no chance I'd pick this up on the 360 with that d-pad.
Yeah I was just going to point to those asking for a pc version...I hope you have a PS3 controller/motion joy, because this would suck ass with the 360 pad. I will buy this day one for sure, glad to see they are updating it as well. Can't wait to play the demo level as others have mentioned I got some crazy scores on that one.

They should re do that Matt Hoffman BMX game that used the same mechanics, I'd buy that as well.

MercuryLS

Banned
They might have used that game as a base, but it looks completely different, more than just an upres port. There's an all new lighting engine and assets at least.

Here's a comparison of them using YouTubeDoubler: http://youtubedoubler.com/2D1b

Can immediately notice a huge difference.

Anyone thinking this is an up-res port is crazy, this obviously a remake. All new assets, textures, poly models, everything. It looks brilliant, I'm really surprised...I didn't expect them to put this much work into the HD version.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
lol Skate. Skate was bad man.

lol Skate was bad? At least it was a real skateboarding game.

Tony Hawk has very little to do with skateboarding. it has more in common with pinball.

I'd rather have Thrasher Skate & Destory HD.

Lucario

Count me in as the one person who owns two Tony Hawk Shred boards that function perfectly, and would LOVE to be able to use them in THPS1/2 levels. =\ I'm guessing they're not going to consider adding support for the shred/ride boards, huh.

Still, day 1.

Chavelo

Are we really arguing about what makes a skating game? Skate was a sim. The THPS series are an arcade experience. That's like saying Gran Turismo is more of a racer compared to the Need For Speed Underground series. Doesn't matter in the end. You dudes need to chill out.

Chavelo

Fucking this. Superman, Guerilla Radio, Out With the Old = bought.

This is a vital part of the franchise. Heck, the ska scene would be non-existent if it wasn't for the games.

At least have the decency to turn on the.custom soundtrack option, Acti.

zerotol

Banned
I think we need a Skate Vs Tony Hawk thread. Care to make?

They are both some of my favorite games. I loved THPS 1 through 4. Skate was something else entirely for me though. If i had to choose between the two, I would have to go with the Skate games.

Top Bottom