• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human IGN video - RPG Systems, Gameplay, Arenas & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
GAME OF THE YEAR. DYACK IS THE ONE AND ONLY MANGOD, AND SK ARE HIS SAINTS!

Tieno

Wow, I really like those videos. Runes, weapons, different classes, the armor, changing the camera, the stats, *nerdgasm*.

keanerie

My only complaint about all the footage we've seen so far is that the menus look a little subpar. The fonts aren't so attractive. But this is nitpicking (obviously).

keanerie said:
My only complaint about all the footage we've seen so far is that the menus look a little subpar. The fonts aren't so attractive. But this is nitpicking (obviously).

I actually like the good use of Helvetica.

pr0cs

Ark-AMN said:
Wow, the user comments on Gametrailers are even more negative than the typical negative ones from here. :lol
Gametrailers has turned into PS3 fanboy central part 2, it's unbearable if the content is a Nintendo game, the comments are just ludicrous.

Ark-AMN

Banned
_dd_ said:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...cd57076046b2/Too Human Screens and Videos.zip

Just 2 videos (The ones that IGN had it seems) and 17 pictures that are also on IGN

This game for some reason reminds me a little of PSO. Looks better though, should be fun.
Thank you very much for those. For some reason they look better than when I watched them through IGN. Of course, then again I didn't use Insider.

I REALLY like the second video in particular. :eek:

And again, the music is godly.

Hannar

Damn. Went to sleep last night and the Too Human world exploded. It's like I woke up in Bizzaro world and everyone was interested in the game again. This is a good day.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Hannar said:
Damn. Went to sleep last night and the Too Human world exploded. It's like I woke up in Bizzaro world and everyone was interested in the game again. This is a good day.
Seriously huh?

You guys at TH.net going to have any coverage or impressions this week?

sinnergy

Saw some nice collision detection, when the girl talks and she moves her head, her chin rubs against her collar (or how do you call that in English) which bends..

Animation In-game and in the cinematics are below par.

Interested in the hack and slash Diablo aspect. We'll see. If it's 2 player coop instead of 4, no buy.

Eric WK

MMaRsu said:
Not really just see you trolling and complaining about alot of games, mostly without any good arguments..

Yup. That's all he did when he was Junior. Clearly he hasn't changed.

funkmasterb said:
Animation In-game and in the cinematics are below par.

I disagree, I think the animation's the best seen in an 360 title outside of combat (in game and in cutscenes) the facial expressions are used a hell of a lot better than any 360 title out there, from Freya and Baldur's awkward glances of passion and the mental sacrifice lady.

Interested in the hack and slash Diablo aspect. We'll see. If it's 2 player coop instead of 4, no buy.

4 player confirmed long ago.

WrikaWrek

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Not really just see you trolling and complaining about alot of games, mostly without any good arguments..

I think you got the wrong dude. Did you even read my posts about Too Human?

I think it looks great, and it's in my opinion gonna be a love affair when it hits. I've been hyping Too Human for quite sometime, so i don't understand where the hell you're coming from.

And suddenly, criticizing is trolling, well fuck me if i don't come here to jerk off at any piece of good looking game i see.

Bildi

SPEA said:
Alright guys. Gametrailers just posted a bunch of vids. Here are the links:
Sweet. Thanks.

Those different cameras look awesome. The game is definitely giving the impression that they put a lot of thought into little things that make the experience more enjoyable.

WrikaWrek

Banned
A note to Dyack and SK. The intro sequence at the bar, is looking much more polished. The lightning and overall detail just looks better, like the characters for example.

I don't remember correctly but i think when he draws the gun in the old intro there's no clutch sound, now there is. I may be wrong, but i sort of had that idea.

Baldur looks like a older
Michael_Rosenbaum.jpg
with a bit of
dominic.jpg

barnacles said:
Baldur's Gate : Dark Alliance 1,2
Champion's of Norrath 1,2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
DC Justice League Superheroes
X-men Legends 1,2
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
Hunter: The Reckoning, sequel (name varies depending on if you have a Ps2 or Xbox)

Yep. That's a whole lotta 3d gaming "grail" in the bargain bins out there just waiting to be found and taken home and loved. :D

what does that even mean? are you suggesting that those titles are worthy of being considered A) on par with too human, and B) worthy enough of being called "3d diablo 2, the holy grail of gaming"?

If so, then gtfo.

The animation is terrible. Everything has the weight of a syrofoam cup. One moment the main character moves naturally, the next he's hopping around like a tick. When he dashes he doesn't kick off or lunge to gain momentum, and he doesn't accelerate naturally. It looks completely cheap and phony. When he jumps on the robot and lunges his sword into its head, there's again no sense of momentum to the sword trust. It looks like he's gingerly sticking a pin in a stuffed animal.

The art direction is terrible. It's garish, tacky, and overly busy.

The combat looks like Dynasty Warriors sped up.

Trainwreck.

WrikaWrek

Banned
GremlinInTheMachine said:
Trainwreck.

Describes your post. Haters are being cornered and they have nothing to turn to but mindless and unjustified trashing, because they know they have to start cooking that crow.

Quazar

MMaRsu said:

Wrika is a cool dude. You seem mixed up.

Time to check out all the new info!

WrikaWrek said:
Describes your post. Haters are being cornered and they have nothing to turn to but mindless and unjustified trashing, because they know they have to start cooking that crow.

I explained exactly why I think it's a trainwreck. Your counter-argument on the other hand consists of, "Uh-uh, poopyhead. It's gonna be great and then you'll be sorry!"

WrikaWrek

Banned
I explained exactly why I think it's a trainwreck. Your counter-argument on the other hand consists of, "Uh-uh, poopyhead. It's gonna be great and then you'll be sorry!"

Ok i'll do it your way.

The art style looks awesome, the gameplay looks like the best point and click action gameplay i've ever seen in a ARPG. The graphics are really awesome, sure the combat animations aren't amazing, but after seeing those GT videos i think they are good enough that they don't become distracting. The cut scene animations are much better though, good acting, good detail in the faces, and they are pretty well directed too, i was surprised.

Cool thing about cut scenes too is how the armor you choose to wear is displayed in them, that's right, real time cut scenes > pre rendered bs for that fact alone. Now, the classes seem cool, replayability thy name, gives a whole new layer to the co op experience too. It's cool that there's alot of different weapons that are wielded differently, and taking into account the diversity there seems to be in the designs it will be awesome to go loot hunting around the game.

Overall, i look at this and i think this is the most promising and coolest looking ARPG i've seen.

If that's a trainwreck, i wanna be one the 1st seat head first, because i want to be blown away.

Oh...sorry, not good enough of a post? And your dinasty warriors comparison is so retarded it hurts.

if you'd watched the video and listened to the ManGod speak, you'd understand why the combat looks like it does as far as the speed is concerned.

Acually, if you'd read up on the game at all, you'd understand why the combat "looks like dynasty warriors".

your comments regarding the art style and animation are subjective
and yet still wrong.

I read your post and thought it was A) extremely ignorant and B) just trying to fit in with all the haters, because it's easy to hate.

witness

As a former PSO on DC freak from back in the day I'm really looking forward to this game. If it can offer the amazing online experience of that game I'll be hooked for a long long time. The loot gathering, leveling up, talent tree's appeal to my WoW nerd side as well.

I still remember reading a preview for this game in PSM after E3 in '98 I think it was. So many pics to, at the time it looked great and from then on I've been interested in this game. Its nice to finally see it ready to come out.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wow, thats a lot of awesome hd content at gametrailers. Too Human is going all out for gdc it seems. Good for them the game seems to be looking really great.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I was just remembering a while ago when people were wondering if this was really going to be a deep game because only simple combat had been demo'd (like at E3 06) and that was one of the big criticisms.

Well look now, game is probably deeper than most console titles you could find.

Geoff9920

_dd_ said:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...cd57076046b2/Too Human Screens and Videos.zip

Just 2 videos (The ones that IGN had it seems) and 17 pictures that are also on IGN

This game for some reason reminds me a little of PSO. Looks better though, should be fun.
Finally got a chance to check this version of the original two video's out. Wow, they're much better quality, and leads me to believe that AA from the recent screenshots might not be quite as bogus as I originally thought.

godhandiscen

Geoff9920 said:
Finally got a chance to check this version of the original two video's out. Wow, they're much better quality, and leads me to believe that AA from the recent screenshots might not be quite as bogus as I originally thought.
The game has 4xAA. Dennis Dyack delivers!

godhandiscen

bathala said:
it's nice the u can change the camera angles.
the framerate did chug on some videos
The game is currently receiving 4 pases of AA and its rendered at true 720p. If they can allow these things, I am pretty sure they are not concerned with the framerate.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
if you'd watched the video and listened to the ManGod speak, you'd understand why the combat looks like it does as far as the speed is concerned.

Games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden have fast-paced combat and their animations are excellent.

Too Human's bad animations are the result of simple incompitence.

Acually, if you'd read up on the game at all, you'd understand why the combat "looks like dynasty warriors".

It looks like Dynasty Warriors because it shares design elements with it--poor design elements.

your comments regarding the art style...are subjective

Too Human's art style looks like the Solid Gold Dancers dressed in martial attire. Cross Weimar Germany with Studio 54 and you’re there.

If you like that style I fear for your walls and the horrors you hang on them. Said with love.

bathala

Banned
godhandiscen said:
The game is currently receiving 4 pases of AA and its rendered at true 720p. If they can allow these things, I am pretty sure they are not concerned with the framerate.
so I'm guessing if they reduced the AA passing. it could run smoother? and kotaku can STFU

Games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden have fast-paced combat and their animations are excellent.

Too Human's bad animations are the result of simple incompitence.

It looks like Dynasty Warriors because it shares design elements with it--poor design elements.

Too Human's art style looks like the Solid Gold Dancers dressed in martial attire. Cross Weimar Germany with Studio 54 and you’re there.

If you like that style I fear for your walls and the horrors you hang on them. Said with love.

stopped reading when u brought up dmc and ninja gaiden. its clear you know nothing of this game, and are here to troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom