• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

hank_tree

Jirotrom said:
Was thinking about giving this game a go again, my fear is that no one is playing. I had some fun with it , granted i was a "little" put off by th huge amount of loot. I felt I was changing armor after every encounter :lol

I played through it again about 5 months ago and never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes before someone joined my game. So there is a small dedicated fanbase still playing regularly.

Finally after so many decided to give this game a try. I'm about an hour in, and while that's not a lot of time at all, I'm finding myself extremely bored. Either this game hasn't aged well over the years or it really did look this shitty when it came out. I'm going to continue playing as I know there is a GAF crowd out there that backs this game, so it can't be entirely garbage right?

quickwhips

I enjoyed it and played through with my brother. It was the best but it was not the worst game I ever played. I would buy a sequel without a question if they added 4 player coop. Hell if they would have made dlc with 4 player coop i think people would have bought it.

AEREC

Just finished watching Thor (which was a pretty good movie) and it reminded me of how damn good this game was.

Where's the sequel?

Doodis

I hate it when this thread pops back up, because I'm always hopeful that there will be sequel information, but in my heart I know it's just not going to happen. :(

I was just talking with a coworker this week about how much of a shame it is that there's no Too Human 2.

Shiggy

Doodis said:
I hate it when this thread pops back up, because I'm always hopeful that there will be sequel information, but in my heart I know it's just not going to happen. :(

I was just talking with a coworker this week about how much of a shame it is that there's no Too Human 2.

We didn't even receive the Too Human DLC content ... :/

EDarkness

I hate to dig up an old thread, but I started playing this recently and went with the default class and chose human. I've died a bunch of times and not being able to heal really sucks. Not only that, but I don't know how to turn off the crappy cut-scene that triggers everytime I die. I think I see why the game didn't do so well.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I ashamedly have hundreds of hours logged in this game, almost all classes fully maxed on levels, and only missing three achievements (Tier 3 charm, full epic set and beating the second stage without dying once) and seem to have a much easier time with the controls than most of my friends did. It's kinda sad to see that they won't get the chance to improve on the game. I think had Dyack stopped jerking the team around and it didn't get rebooted so many times before the final release it could have been a pretty good lootwhore game.

Sometimes, I think about putting the disc back into my xbox.

MrBS

I'm on leave at the moment and despite my insane backlog of games I'm still tempted to lose a day playing this again.

Raide

I hate to dig up an old thread, but I started playing this recently and went with the default class and chose human. I've died a bunch of times and not being able to heal really sucks. Not only that, but I don't know how to turn off the crappy cut-scene that triggers everytime I die. I think I see why the game didn't do so well.

Go BioEngineer if you want to focus around keeping yourself healed.

Remember, the higher you keep your combo up, the more times you can use your abilities and heal yourself. Go Human so you get the extra combo amount added to your total and try to keep it capped as much as possible. Also you will get regen gear to help with your HP.

No way to turn off the Valkyrie animation. Randomly it bugs out and finishes in a few seconds and it makes the game feel great but that happens very rarely.

I ashamedly have hundreds of hours logged in this game, almost all classes fully maxed on levels, and only missing three achievements (Tier 3 charm, full epic set and beating the second stage without dying once) and seem to have a much easier time with the controls than most of my friends did. It's kinda sad to see that they won't get the chance to improve on the game. I think had Dyack stopped jerking the team around and it didn't get rebooted so many times before the final release it could have been a pretty good lootwhore game.

Sometimes, I think about putting the disc back into my xbox.

Same here. I put a crazy amount of hours into the game and loved it, despite its flaws. Damn shame they never patched it for 4 players or added any new DLC. I do hope we get a Too Human Too but I just don't see it happening. It has some really fun ideas for loot etc.

Elginer

I can't believe this was bumped. It just got my hopes up for a Two Human. I enjoyed the hell out of that piece of monkey shit and even got all the achievements.

glaurung

Holy thread necromancy Batman!

I recently came across of this turd in my own collection and offered it to a friend with the label "brainless action RPG with retarded loot system." He declined politely.

Wasted Potential: The Official Game.

"Transhuman vikings" is probably the greatest two-word videogame pitch ever conceived, but the finished product was such a letdown. Although the implementation could obviously have been better, I think that the biggest mistake made during development was when they decided to make it a loot-whoring hack and slash game. Even keeping it an RPG of some kind, it would have been better served as a Deus Ex or even Mass Effect style game. Exploring a dying human civilization through your personal journey as its sworn protector is far more interesting than repetitively dispatching waves and waves of robot enemies, and the ultimate way in which they went about showing us the world was disappointing. The campy silliness of the game-mechanics (juggling is a pretty big offender here) exists in stark contrast to the serious story, and at least in my mind was quite jarring. The game-mechanics demanding that melee combat be as viable (or even more viable) than ranged combat is itself jarring too, wherein you have a world full of supertech energy weapons and advanced firearms, but swinging a sword at someone is substantially more effective. People will personally disagree with me on this one, but I think this is a SciFi no-no.

This video, a sort of viral marketing type deal for the game, ended up being 50x more interesting than the game itself. This is a tragedy.

I can't believe this was bumped. It just got my hopes up for a Two Human. I enjoyed the hell out of that piece of monkey shit and even got all the achievements.

How long did it take to get all the achievements? I played for like 80 hours and I only had 1 piece of epic loot, and I gave up. There were some good ideas in the game but man the execution was brutal.

Rogosh

Getting the full set was completely random. Depending on your luck you could deck out a character in 80-100 hours (from level 1 to completed set), but it could take a lot longer depending on how you were farming for gear and luck.

Hana-Bi

Spider farming was probably the best method, though I found most of my first set with GRNDL runs (solo-online run).

Wish there would be a sequel. Over 200+ hours and still missing the last achievment (play with all classes till level x)...

EDarkness

Well, I started playing again and figured it would be good to ask some questions in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Which reminds me, what's the best class? I started with the default one, but I die a lot. Damage mitigation is not all that great. I think I have pretty decent gear for the level (16 at the moment), but it's so easy to get taken out and it takes too long to kill anything.

Top Bottom