• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

VaLiancY

Don't worry, if you stick with the Defender til the end, you might have a chance of getting the best elite armor set in the game. The one I gave up on. :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
cool thanks.

Guess it really dont matter much since you cant die. I think I died like 12 times with the Grendel 1 dude.

My guy looks pretty bad ass though.

I beat the game with my new bio engineer without dying once so far. I'm playing as if I'm playing hardcore mode Diablo 2 :lol

Unfortunately I had returned to Aesir during the Act 2 ice forest level so it didn't give me the "unstoppable" achievement for that. Lame.

MisterAnderson said:
I beat the game with my new bio engineer without dying once so far. I'm playing as if I'm playing hardcore mode Diablo 2 :lol

Unfortunately I had returned to Aesir during the Act 2 ice forest level so it didn't give me the "unstoppable" achievement for that. Lame.
Whats your Bio build?

sevenchaos said:
Whats your Bio build?

Cybernetic (right branch for increased proc rate and spider duration) and the middle branch in the Bio tree (the branch with the invincibility shield spider and the battle shout heal). Honestly I don't even use my spider and heal that much, only in emergencies. Just been playing very conservatively (using laser rifle to soften up mobs with the fire grenades, then mopping up the almost dead enemies with my high-proccing two hander). Liking him a lot, feels a lot like a paladin class the way I have it set up. I'd imagine other Bio builds wouldn't work too well for solo, though, but haven't tried any other branches yet.

Planning on trying a Human Commando next. So far I've only played as a Cyber Champion (level 37 I think) and my Cyber Bio Engineer right now is level 30.

Aaron

Everyone who has played the game once should try the beserker. It'll give you a new appreciation for the melee combat. Bouncing from enemy to enemy while avoiding getting hit really makes you feel god-like. :D

UraMallas

I love the berserker. God, I wish this game had 4 player (8 player?) co-op. It feels like the game is built for it but it just isn't there. If I could play with a group of 8 it would be epic. I really enjoyed the game but 2 player co-op? C'mon!

Aaron

Yeah, they should have worked their asses off to get the promised four player working. Even with two, the game feels a bit empty, especially the later stages.

Aaron said:
Yeah, they should have worked their asses off to get the promised four player working. Even with two, the game feels a bit empty, especially the later stages.
I was really expecting them to implement this. Pretty disappointing that they didn't follow through with it. It would have increased the replay value significantly.

Hopefully Too Human 2 has it. Heh. If it ever comes out anyway.

VaLiancY

You assholes make me want to buy Too Human again and go Cybernetic Zerker instead. My first toon was a Human Zerker and I just killed shit but if you even poked me that was half my health gone. I loved it but I want to see the perks of being a Cybernetic aligned. If I do pick it up again, Commando will be my 2nd.

VaLiancY said:
You assholes make me want to buy Too Human again and go Cybernetic Zerker instead. My first toon was a Human Zerker and I just killed shit but if you even poked me that was half my health gone. I loved it but I want to see the perks of being a Cybernetic aligned. If I do pick it up again, Commando will be my 2nd.

I loved my Cybernetic commando. I would tear shit up so badly.

Aaron

VaLiancY said:
Cyber commando makes sense just to get access to the cannons, and do some serious damage. The cyber skill tree wasn't all that great.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DestinRL said:
You guys bought Too Human?

Is it really THAT horrible or does it have some redeeming factors? Hows the story?

There are 77 pages of impressions here my friend I'm sure you will find some good info if you scan. One page back has a pretty well written opinion piece on the game. Check it out.

Really for $10 you can't go wrong with this game.

DestinRL

Truelize said:
There are 77 pages of impressions here my friend I'm sure you will find some good info if you scan. One page back has a pretty well written opinion piece on the game. Check it out.

Really for $10 you can't go wrong with this game.

Wow I checked it out. The only reason I would check it out is for the story but if thats not worth it, then maybe I'll just continue to pass for the time being.

nli10

Great Co-op hack and slash looter. Especially for cheap. No ED, but then that was the game of it's generation so you can't expect that much.

I agree 4 player update with DLC should have come but I guess they moved on.

Can't wait for part 2 in 2 generations time (if it's early...)

Hannar

It's been a year since all hell broke loose when the demo was first released. For those of you still playing, or just now picking the game up for 10 bucks, the community is doing something to celebrate.

SiliconKnights.net will be changing our Gaming Knights schedule this week to celebrate the anniversary of the Too Human demo release. All week we will have themed play sessions that include members of the community, and a few folks from inside SK. You can find more details on that here.

In addition, Wednesday July 22, 2009 will be "Unstoppable Wednesday" when many of our best players line up to help those who are looking to get some of the tougher achievements in Too Human. If you are interested, sign up for that here.

goldenpp72

Hannar said:
It's been a year since all hell broke loose when the demo was first released. For those of you still playing, or just now picking the game up for 10 bucks, the community is doing something to celebrate.

SiliconKnights.net will be changing our Gaming Knights schedule this week to celebrate the anniversary of the Too Human demo release. All week we will have themed play sessions that include members of the community, and a few folks from inside SK. You can find more details on that here.

In addition, Wednesday July 22, 2009 will be "Unstoppable Wednesday" when many of our best players line up to help those who are looking to get some of the tougher achievements in Too Human. If you are interested, sign up for that here.

Nah

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hannar said:

*LeonBio4.jpg*

No thanks, bro.

hank_tree

I really wish they would bring out the DLC for this game. I was playing a little Sacred 2 during the week and it's made me want to play Too Human again. Even a new character class or two would be enough for me.

Wizpig

Hannar said:
It's been a year since all hell broke loose when the demo was first released.
But the demo is offline now, right?
Why is that?

Anyway, i played TH today again; i have to say achievements in this game are fun and well structured; one of the few games to do this right.

I liked the demo just enough to want to purchase it, but not for more than $20. Anyone know the best deal going on for the game at the moment? I missed the big $10 sale.

Combine

Banned
I remember Denis talking about DLC and specific things back just when the game launched (stuff like additional classes and maybe bumping up the multiplayer count), but I guess things went to hell after the game didn't meet sales expectations and the economy as a whole tanked.

I'm still wondering what they could be working on and who is funding them (someone must be funding them since they're still apparently open as a company). Microsoft never talks about Too Human at all so it doesn't sound like they want to continue it. I know they also had something going with Sega, but I think someone on these boards hinted strongly that that too was canned (wouldn't be suprising at all given Sega and how they've canned other things recently).

I'd certainly love it if they could mend ways with Nintendo and work on Eternal Darkness 2. :D

hank_tree

Combine said:
I'd certainly love it if they could mend ways with Nintendo and work on Eternal Darkness 2. :D

I remember watching a video interview when Too Human came out Denis was hinting that they were working on something with Nintendo. *fingers crossed*

SuperPac

hank_tree said:
I really wish they would bring out the DLC for this game. I was playing a little Sacred 2 during the week and it's made me want to play Too Human again. Even a new character class or two would be enough for me.

I love that there's even a whole menu item for things to buy, right? And it has nothing in there, and will likely never have anything in there. Kind of ridiculous. I love this game (even though it is patently terrible, I still really enjoy it).

goldenpp72

so I popped this in to get the last achievements (1000/1000!) and noticed there was an update, what does it do?

also, fuck SK for that well achievement.

goldenpp72 said:
so I popped this in to get the last achievements (1000/1000!) and noticed there was an update, what does it do?

I just saw you playing on the friends list, all the update does is just fix the Connection issues, nothing else.

AkuMifune

Banned
goldenpp72 said:

I went through the damn game a whole extra time just to make sure I hit all the wells without issue, and still didn't get. It still makes me mad to think about it. Glitched achievements in mediocre games are the worst.

AkuMifune said:
I went through the damn game a whole extra time just to make sure I hit all the wells without issue, and still didn't get. It still makes me mad to think about it. Glitched achievements in mediocre games are the worst.

I know, i am pretty sure i did go through all the wells but for some reason it does not unlock the achievement, oh well, not that big of a deal but still bugs me.

Any word on a sequel yet?

sweetvar26 said:
I know, i am pretty sure i did go through all the wells but for some reason it does not unlock the achievement, oh well, not that big of a deal but still bugs me.

Any word on a sequel yet?

I was wondering the same thing, and this was the latest thing I could find

http://games.ign.com/articles/995/995409p4.html

Denis Dyack of developer Silicon Knights introduced the role-playing game Too Human as the first in a trilogy. And although the game sold reasonably well when it was released as an Xbox 360 exclusive in 2008, it fell far short of expectations, prompting some to question the franchise's future. We contacted Silicon Knights recently to ask about the trilogy and got this response: "There is nothing to announce on Too Human 2 yet." With no more to go on than that statement, we'll have to categorize Too Human 2 as comatose.

Not looking good =/
I had really high hopes for a sequel. give us 4/8 player Coop, more levels, and more choices for armor at the max level would make this game awesome. I just got too bored soloing or playing with 1 other guy.

Chemical O

Neo Member
Got this from ebay pretty cheap a couple of days ago. Im liking the game alot, hope a sequel does come. (4 or 6 players would be awesome)
Hit me a friends request if you want to coop
gt: Chemical O

... Picked this one up for £5. Thought it'd be worth a shot at that price as I do like loot style games... But, I'm just so confused. I've had to look up endless things as to how to actually play the game and I still don't really know what the hell I'm doing after finishing the first level - it's like the developers don't care about what you can do, so why should I care? I do want to get into it, but the storyline, options, etc etc, none of it is explained in the slightest. I'm all for being immersed in the experience, but not when I've no idea what the experience is about.

I'll keep at it - but, just wanted to check I'm not alone in feeling completely 'out' of the game?

yamo

Just ordered a 360 slim and noticed Too Human is selling for £0.69 at amazon uk.. so GAF, is it worth my moneys? :lol

Raide

lilljolle said:
Just ordered a 360 slim and noticed Too Human is selling for £0.69 at amazon uk.. so GAF, is worth it? :lol

Answer these questions.

1) Do you like Loot collecting games?
2) Do you love sorting through complex menus to sort, craft and equip you gear/weapons?
3) Do you like overcoming annoying little control issues and odd gameplay quirks?
4) Do you like utterly bizarre cutscenes and a storyline that goes all over the place?
5) DO YOU LOVE LOOT!

Doodis

Funny this thread should pop up. I was just thinking this morning that I need to finish my last 5-point achievement as well. But mine's for finishing the campaign with a human skill tree. I just never got around to it, but I'd like to finish that up.

Still bummed we'll likely never see a sequel.

Retro

lilljolle said:
Just ordered a 360 slim and noticed Too Human is selling for £0.69 at amazon uk.. so GAF, is it worth my moneys? :lol

Let's see, that's around a $1.02 US, so... No, still not worth it, especially when you factor in shipping. By rights, Dennis Dyack should show up at your house, open his own wallet, and pay you to take the shrink wrap off, never mind actually playing it.

bey7t4.gif

Against. :lol

lilljolle said:

Absolutely. Game can be annoying at times but still the loot and all is pretty fun. Make sure you play Co-op, more fun that way.

VaLiancY

lilljolle said:

It has it technical issues but it is a fun action rpg game. Play it with a friend if you can still find one, if I had the game still I'd shower you with loot and run you through some missions.

*thinking about my Diablo Baal runs*

I need more loot games in my life.

AdamChrisH said:
... Picked this one up for £5. Thought it'd be worth a shot at that price as I do like loot style games... But, I'm just so confused. I've had to look up endless things as to how to actually play the game and I still don't really know what the hell I'm doing after finishing the first level - it's like the developers don't care about what you can do, so why should I care? I do want to get into it, but the storyline, options, etc etc, none of it is explained in the slightest. I'm all for being immersed in the experience, but not when I've no idea what the experience is about.

I'll keep at it - but, just wanted to check I'm not alone in feeling completely 'out' of the game?

Yeah, I feel ya. I played through the demo before release about 6 times because I was just having fun with it, but the game has a TON more to it that you'll figure out in time. In fact, it took maybe my 3rd playthrough (yeah, it just got that addictive for me; I'm knew to these kinds of games) before I started really getting some things. What was cool about that was that I got about 55 hours of playtime out of what only took me about 12 hours the first time.

Jirotrom

Was thinking about giving this game a go again, my fear is that no one is playing. I had some fun with it , granted i was a "little" put off by th huge amount of loot. I felt I was changing armor after every encounter :lol

Anyone happen to know if Too Human 2 was ever officially canceled or what's going on with silicon Knights? The game certainly had its faults but I had a lot of fun with it.

Zzoram

funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone happen to know if Too Human 2 was ever officially canceled or what's going on with silicon Knights? The game certainly had its faults but I had a lot of fun with it.

I'm pretty sure the project is dead. Too Human had a ridiculous development cost due to all the delays and restarts, and it barely sold any copies so it was a huge money sink.

DieH@rd

Banned
Retro said:
Let's see, that's around a $1.02 US, so... No, still not worth it, especially when you factor in shipping. By rights, Dennis Dyack should show up at your house, open his own wallet, and pay you to take the shrink wrap off, never mind actually playing it.

bey7t4.gif

Against. :lol

OMG what a gif :D :D :D :D

funkmastergeneral said:

Hannar would probably know, if he's still around. Last official word from Denis was that the sequel was still happening, but that was, what, more than a year ago? I suppose we'll find out more when they start doing interviews for their X-Men game.

Top Bottom