• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

clashfan

Mejilan said:
I would be lying if I told you I wasn't concerned about the game. Just a little bit. And I'll be the first to admit that I probably should have downloaded the demo before preordering it. But fuck it. I don't do demos. Picked up the bonus dlc code earlier today.

I'll be there day 1, bee-hotches!

My impression of the demo was that it was solid but did have some flaws, so I think you made a solid purchase.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm happy there's an official thread. But at the same time I feel bad for the dude who was originally writing one up. He's all slaving away cut off from the world and it turns out his work is done for him.

FrankT

GarthVaderUK said:
Nope:
North America: August 19, 2008
Japan: August 28, 2008
Australia: August 28, 2008
Europe: August 29, 2008

Ah, thought he meant this Friday. Hmm, surprised they didn't go with a release on the 22nd.

Mifune said:
I'm happy there's an official thread. But at the same time I feel bad for the dude who was originally writing one up. He's all slaving away cut off from the world and it turns out his work is done for him.

Who was writing it up and what exactly happened to him?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
by the beard of zeus (i mean odin :p) the thread has finally materialized!!

great info in the OP, love the bish banner :lol but would someone PLEASE lend a hand in making a cooler (cybernetic maybe?) header?

Pimpbaa said:
Heeey, why is this game immune to trolling?!

i think trolling in official threads is a big no no.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Since I actually am getting a box here VERY SOON, I will say that this game has interested me very little. And the impressions have already poured in but I DO hope this game ha plenty of redeeming qualities that do not revolve around bashing the creators of the game. As soon as I get my system I will try this. I will say, a few friends who like the hack n slashers say the game is fun. I think this will peform well at retail and don't wish any of the scrutiny that Dyack has faced on any dev. Here's hoping it turns out well.

Mifune

Mehmber
Jtyettis said:
Who was writing it up and what exactly happened to him?

I don't remember his name but he said he would have it up this week.

I guess we can just incorporate his stuff into the OP too.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
funkmastergeneral said:
Why the hell not man? Demo's are awesome, it sold me on both Bioshock and Too Human. You must be loaded if you're willing to throw sixty bucks all willy nilly like that.

I'm not loaded, but I don't really have much time for demos. Too many other games to play! :)

clashfan said:
My impression of the demo was that it was solid but did have some flaws, so I think you made a solid purchase.

You have to REALLY fuck up a hack and slash for me to outright HATE it. I'm not expecting the 360 equivalent of Diablo 2 or Titan Quest. But I'll be content with the 360 equivalent of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 or Fate. Especially if it's more like Fate...

MrDaravon

Question: do we have any idea if the pre-order only armors will be made available any other way? I'm a whore for extra content, and normally I would just keep my Gamefly rental if I like it, but if I do wind up liking the game and buying it, I'll just be kicking myself for not just preordering it somewhere and getting the armor as well.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, I'm still not sure if I want this or not. I played the demo twice, but it neither completely sold or dissuaded my decision. It would probably be an instant purchase if it weren't for ToV and IU coming in the following weeks. Bah, help me gaf. Although I do have a $20 BB reward cert. sitting here...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Mifune said:
I don't remember his name but he said he would have it up this week.

I guess we can just incorporate his stuff into the OP too.
poor ToyMachine :(
ToyMachine228 said:
Yeah I think we're going to wait until a few days before to post the official thread. Maybe the weekend before it comes out or something. I'm just going to start the writing itself this weekend. We're going to try to keep it as focused on the game itself as possible.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12313173&postcount=211

EDIT:
funkmastergeneral said:
poor toymachine =(
:lol my thoughts exactly

Mifune

Mehmber
Mejilan said:
I'm not loaded, but I don't really have much time for demos. Too many other games to play! :)

You have to REALLY fuck up a hack and slash for me to outright HATE it. I'm not expecting the 360 equivalent of Diablo 2 or Titan Quest. But I'll be content with the 360 equivalent to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Fate.

Just be warned...the controls are quite a bit different. All the attacks are mapped to the right stick. Accept that and you should be fine.

You're a brave man, marching into war without a battle plan.

I suggest a gamertag round-up for phat-lootz hunting.

Liquidlynch13

thanks for making the official thread. I cannot wait until the game's in my hands. i have wed and thurs off next week from work so i'm going to be playing the mother fuck out of this game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Gamertag: Mejilan

Mifune said:
Just be warned...the controls are quite a bit different. All the attacks are mapped to the right stick. Accept that and you should be fine.

You're a brave man, marching into war without a battle plan.

I don't believe in demos. Shitty demos can easily turn me off an otherwise good game. But I don't think I've ever been convinced to buy a game by playing a decent or good demo. I typically know what I'm going to get well before a demo rolls around.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Day 1.

Gameflyed

I was Against in the dyack thread but the demo was mindlessly fun. Just doesnt quite hit the buy me.

h3ro

Anyone know if there are any plans to release the OST? I enjoyed what I heard in the demo...

Hi Bish! :p

Wizman23

Banned
The highest I got my Berserker up to in the demo was a level 7. The level 7 Berserker kicked some major fucking ass. I can't wait to see what a 20,30,40,and 50 level Berserker play like. It has to be absolutely insane.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
xS1TH L0RDx said:
I suggest a gamertag round-up for phat-lootz hunting.

Liquidlynch13

Hey, good idea. I've got a list of gamertags going in the OP. If anyone else wants to add theirs, feel free.

pr0cs

I wonder when we'll start seeing more reviews. I'm still interested in the game but looking over my 'must buy this year' list I may have to be more prudent. Still, if I see the majority of my friends list I'll likely succumb to peer pressure even if the reviews are a mixed bag.

Concept17

I'm not a 360 owner, but this has always been one exclusive that I thought looked most interesting. I like the concept art, as well as the character and level designs. I've heard bad things about the gameplay, but it just sounds like a slightly different twist on hack n'slash? Should I pick up a 360 at any point, this would likely be one of my first purchases. (especially since its been so long since I've played a good hack n'slash)

I'll have to try out the demo when I get the chance.

Mifune

Mehmber
pr0cs said:
I wonder when we'll start seeing more reviews. I'm still interested in the game but looking over my 'must buy this year' list I may have to be more prudent. Still, if I see the majority of my friends list I'll likely succumb to peer pressure even if the reviews are a mixed bag.

Blim was saying that the online embargo is up on Friday.

Gamertag: No Cease Fires
Add me!

goldenpp72

I found enjoyment in the demo and would really like to pick this up, I have it preordered and have been a bit uncertain of it though.. wish some more people would comment on the story.

Nice to have a troll free too human thread, I can imagine so many people biting their lips right now.

SPEA

Gamertag = SPEA

I'm day 1, so I'm definitely up for some multiplayer. Loved the demo, so I'm pretty pumped.

Eric WK

Kinda shitty that this was made before Toymachine could post the one he was working on. = \ Oh well.

GamerTag: Eric WK

I'll be playing quite a bit.

Teknoman

Concept17 said:
I'm not a 360 owner, but this has always been one exclusive that I thought looked most interesting. I like the concept art, as well as the character and level designs. I've heard bad things about the gameplay, but it just sounds like a slightly different twist on hack n'slash? Should I pick up a 360 at any point, this would likely be one of my first purchases. (especially since its been so long since I've played a good hack n'slash)

I'll have to try out the demo when I get the chance.

Well as far as combat goes, have you played Rise to Honor PS2? The basic melee/shooting system is like that.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wait this has online MP?

2p co-op.

pr0cs

Mifune said:
Blim was saying that the online embargo is up on Friday.
Cool.
Really there isn't anything like this on the next gen consoles so there should be an audience for the game. I thought the demo was pretty addictive.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mifune said:

I really hope this isn't true or I'll feel like a huge ass. I didn't know someone else was working on one. I just saw a lot of people asking for an official thread today, and it does come out in a week, so I figured I'd whip one up.

h3ro

nib95 said:
Has there been any final word on how long the game on average takes to complete?

I believe Dyack has said 15 hours for the main story, with 50-80 hours to max out characters/loot/sidequests...

nib95

Banned
h3ro said:
I believe Dyack has said 15 hours for the main story, with 50-80 hours to max out characters/loot/sidequests...

Woah, major time extend with the extras! Can anyone give some basic info on what these extra side quests may entail? I'm not too keen on grinding like mad, depending on how fun the optional side quests are. Are they just go here kill him etc. Or do they entail a mix of pace/gameplay such as in Oblivion, where one might have you sneaking around stealthily, another catching/killing fish or something else bizarre.

Uncle AJ

solid2snake said:
the first one of many. they will fall like the flies. it's sad that Crushed is already perma-nuke-banned.

Awww really? He can't even come back after an extended hiatus like Himuro?

I miss Crushed. :(

Too Human will be my first review for the school paper this semester. Lookin' forward to it.

Snowden

Banned
Hope what I liked about the demo extends and evolves in the full game. I have enough of a backlog already that I won't be buying this any time soon, but when I'm on the look-out for something in a few months, I'd like to check it out.

Mifune

Mehmber
nib95 said:
Woah, major time extend with the extras! Can anyone give some basic info on what these extra side quests may entail? I'm not too keen on grinding like mad, depending on how fun the optional side quests are. Are they just go here kill him etc. Or do they entail a mix of pace/gameplay such as in Oblivion, where one might have you sneaking around stealthily, another catching/killing fish or something else bizarre.

I think they're essentially optional arena battles. And then there are optional charm quests, which are just "kill X amount of goblins" type stuff but they can give you new weapon effects.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
h3ro said:

I like that aspect of it. I'm not really up for 70 hour games any more.

What do you guys think constitutes a proper review for this game? I mean yeah, you can complete the story and play a few co op missions, but isnt one of the biggest draws of the game its high level play? Would a review actually be meaningful if the reviewer only played through the game once? Yes its going to capture a lot of what the game is, but I dont think it would capture what the game is supposed to be.

I in particular am excited about the game, but am slightly worried about play beyond the first play through. Im not so much worried about repetition (I played COD2 like 60 times start to finish) as I am level advancement, loot, and difficulty. Now if a reviewer only plays through it once, maybe even twice, they are they really going to be able to give a valid opinion on how the game will be if one plays it longer then that (like they are supposed to)?

Top Bottom