• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Hammer24

Banned
Thx for the official thread.
While the demo was somewhat a downer for me (didn´t get the hang for the control scheme), I´m still very much looking forward for some real impressions before I decide if purchase or rental.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
N30RYU said:
I have seen the combos video... and I don't wanna see more about this cra... game
footer.jpg

NZNova

This thread should get interesting. I'll probably pick this up, it seemed entertaining enough from the demo. A bit of hack&slash never hurt anyone. Well, except for the people getting hacked and slashed.

2pqj0cg.png

N30RYU said:
I have seen the combos video... and I don't wanna see more about this cra... game

GREAT contribution to page 3 of an official thread. -_- I hope Bish stands up to his word!

Anyways, I was curious if the devs have said anything about DLC I might have missed. I've been following this game fairly close and haven't heard anything as of yet.

Larsen B

First time through, I did not like the demo at all, but something kept bringing me back to it. I go on holiday the weekend after release though, so I'll have to wait to get fully into it when it arrives.

GT: Larsen B

On the combos front, is it possible to hit multiple enemies whilst airborne? When you slide and juggle into a group, 2 or 3 enemies go up but I can only ever hit one before hitting the ground. Would be interesting to know if you can juggle multiple enemies and get the combo bonuses for that.

Raide

*runs to the Too Human safe house*

Thanks OP!

I am looking forward to sharing the Too Human love when it finally launches in the UK.

"Give me loot, or give me death!...just make sure you ressurect me after ok?"

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
NZNova said:
This thread should get interesting. I'll probably pick this up, it seemed entertaining enough from the demo. A bit of hack&slash never hurt anyone. Well, except for the people getting hacked and slashed.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2pqj0cg.png

:lol Nice pic. Could use a Bish head on it though, and change the word "monsters" in the quote to "trolls." =P

I enjoyed the demo more than I thought I would, and have been considering picking this up. Wish co-op was a bit more robust, as I would be in for sure. Mercs 2 coming out a week later isn't helping my indecision on buying this game either. :lol

Darkone

i am really looking forward to this game, i very much enjoyed the dem, the only thin that bothers me is the not so good animation at cut scenes. I am afraid that if the game wont do so well we wont see the sequals.

ampere

I really hope this game turns out to be good, I'm playing Eternal Darkness and really digging it. Online co-op sounds cool too, I didn't know about that.

ColonelT

I'm excited for this. Really excited, actually, and I'm still surprised by that. I'm down for some co-op killin' and lootin'. Gamertag is "Dack Montana".

Man... been waiting for this game for years. Then after the demo, was really waiting for it to release. Now next week seems like its taking forever. Can't wait! Great job on the thread and I see this as more of a gathering of Too Human fans and not the hate breed that festers on every other TH topic.

BigAT

I think I'm probably going Commando when I end up picking this up. I suspect I'll wait until I find a good deal on it because frankly I won't have enough time to play when it first drops and I can be patient.

EazyB

Banned
Throw my on the gamertag list: EazyB

Unless this game gets miserable reviews, I'll definitely be picking it up.

I'm picking this up. GT: Cornballer
Oozer3993 said:
Circuit City is giving out a $10 gift card with it and Toys R Us will be in the middle of a Buy-1-Get-1-Half-Off promotion on X360 games.
Nice. I'll have to look into that.

Tobor

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I enjoyed the demo more than I thought I would, and have been considering picking this up. Wish co-op was a bit more robust, as I would be in for sure. Mercs 2 coming out a week later isn't helping my indecision on buying this game either. :lol

This is going to be one of those expensive weeks.

ringlord

Ristlager said:
A norwegian reviewer wrote this as his final words for a preview:

"I don't look very much forward to playing the full version, the 12 hours it took to get through the preview is one of the most frustrating hours in a long time. "

Which one of the 12 hours was frustrating for him?=

Oozer3993

Danthrax said:
Where did you hear about the Circuit City thing? I don't see that promotion on their page for TH.

I got it from CheapAssGamer. It will be in the CC ad this Sunday. I believe they did the same thing for GTA IV.

Althane

I got a question for the haters:

I haven't played the demo, just watched the videos. What exactly is so "bad" about the combat?

Kabuki Waq said:
so are official threads only for positive impressions? are all negative impressions going to be considered trolls?

I think if you actually play the retail game and leave out any mentions of he-who-should-not-be-named you'll be fine.

Kabuki Waq said:
so are official threads only for positive impressions? are all negative impressions going to be considered trolls?

I'm pretty sure that this just implies to the verbal diarrhea that people instantly spew on Too Human and Dennis from the get go. Unabashed, hatred-filled diarrhea mind you.

Eric WK

Kabuki Waq said:

We all already know where you stand. You talk shit about the game every time the opportunity presents itself. It's good to see you're trying to find out if you can do the same here.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Kabuki Waq said:

Well I imagine that if you play the retail copy and there are things about it that you don't like, you can come into this thread and discuss them in a civil manner. This thread is NOT for:

1) People bashing the game who haven't played the retail copy yet (that's, like, all of you right now)
and
2) People who have played the retail copy of TH, didn't like something and come in here to spew vile hatred and vitriol up and down the thread.

Essentially, if you have no interest in TH or are biased against it to begin with, stay the hell out. If you are excited about it or just want to honestly learn more, come on in. Once the game hits retail, you may post whatever impressions about it you want as long as you are civil about it.

These rules should really apply to any official thread, I should think, but in this one they will be especially enforced due to all the controversy and shit-throwing that has gone on over TH.

Does that clear things up?

[edit]
Kabuki Waq said:
i actually played the demo but i will wait until i rent the game to post my thoughts on it here. Is there something wrong if my thoughts are negative?

No, just don't be an ass about it, basically.

Eric WK said:
We all already know where you stand. You talk shit about the game every time the opportunity presents itself. It's good to see you're trying to find out if you can do the same here.

i actually played the demo but i will wait until i rent the game to post my thoughts on it here. Is there something wrong if my thoughts are negative?

Kabuki Waq said:

What people are trying to get at is like the following:

*Plays Too Human* negative impressions. Doesn't like it for the following reasons. States the reasons, good discussion about it ,and we go on from there. Civil of course.

Thats fine.

What we don't want is.

"This game is complete and utter trash." "Denis is a fuck-tard and anyone who enjoys this trite, pointless ,abysmal game should be condemned to the pits of hell"

Thats not gonna fly.

Eric WK

Kabuki Waq said:

Honest criticism is fine. I'd be pissed if I bought a game and then didn't like it.

But the fact of the matter is that you've gone out of your way at every turn to talk shit about the game, both prior to the demo and after. A good chunk of your posts in the past three months have been about Too Human and not a single one has been positive. In fact your vote in Dyack's thread was a resounding Against.

You know full well you're not going to like the combat, the animation, the graphics, the lack of four player co-op and the fact that there aren't cutscenes in multiplayer. Right here, right now you're talking about how you're going to be here next week talking about the game in a negative light.

But sure, rent the game and come and let us know what you think. I wait with bating breath.

Eric WK said:
Honest criticism is fine. I'd be pissed if I bought a game and then didn't like it.

But the fact of the matter is that you've gone out of your way at every turn to talk shit about the game, both prior to the demo and after. A good chunk of your posts in the past three months have been about Too Human and not a single one has been positive. In fact your vote in Dyack's thread was a resounding Against.

You know full well you're not going to like the animation, the graphics, the lack of four player co-op and the fact that there aren't cutscenes in multiplayer. Right here, right now you're talking about how you're going to be here next week talking about the game in a negative light.

But sure, rent the game and come and let us know what you think. I wait with bating breath.

you never know maybe i will suddenly "get it" like many ppl have. Obviously the obvious stuff like animation and lack of 4 player is out there but everything else can improve playing the full game for a while.

Top Bottom