• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guesses:

Yuyu Hakasho
Sailor Moon
Rurouni Kenshin
Outlaw Star
Megas XLR
Samurai Jack
IGPX
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Big O

Cowboy Bebop was never on Toonami IIRC, and it actually has been airing on AS every Saturday.

They can't air Sailor Moon. Toei/Naoko Takeuchi (both?) removed the rights from the US entirely and aren't letting anyone have them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They can't air Sailor Moon. Toei/Naoko Takeuchi (both?) removed the rights from the US entirely and aren't letting anyone have them.

Dunno man. Seems odd they'd have the rights to anything else. AS are "rebels." They might be crazy enough to air something even without the rights. :p

Zapages

Fuck I can't remember anything about Gundam, plot wise. I remember it being a great show, but I can't place the plot.

because the plot was controverted that it did not make any sense after rewatching the show. Great memories, but the show was weak Gundam story wise show. Regardless memory trip!!! Gundam Wing was so good for its time when it was first shown on CN.

B.K.

I didn't know they still had the rights to these shows.

They likely don't. They probably just paid for a one night showing.

Anybody know what's next after Gundam Wing?

Tenchi Myuo.

Who owns the rights to Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo, and what the fuck are they doing with them?

Funimation. They bought licenses for all the Tenchi movies, Serial Experiments Lain, and Haibane Renmei after Geneon died, but they're just sitting on the licenses. They haven't released a thing.

EYEL1NER

First Vegeta, now Zechs. Mah boys!

I agree with other, I wish this night would never end. I will remember it for years. Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers will never taste as sweet as the ones I am eating right now.

LordCanti

Who owns the rights to Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo, and what the fuck are they doing with them?

Didn't ADV have them? They went under, whoever it was.

I remember when Pioneer had the rights... lol.

Laser disccccccccccccsssssssssssssssss.

ReiGun

WWAAAAAH.jpg

Ew, what the hell? When did this happen?

Around ten years ago, I think. The DVD releases wound up having a very short print run.

Dunno man. Seems odd they'd have the rights to anything else. AS are "rebels." They might be crazy enough to air something even without the rights. :p

Well, Lance from FUNimation was tweeting about this earlier, so I think they definitely cleared this with the rights holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom