• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

It's been awhile since I've watched this episode. I suppose we can expect most of Space Dandy to be like this :p I always wondered how Bebop would have turned out if it was made today but so many things have changed in the world in the past 15 years that it's hard to predict.

On another note, as stupid as it may sound, one thing I've always appreciated about Bebop was that it had Black people in an anime who actually kind of look like Black people rather than slightly racist stereotypes. As shitty as Bleach can get, it gets props from me for that as well.

Jintor

Think about Spike, Faye, and Jett, think of their back stories and what happens later in their plots and personal motivations. Then think about what they each see when they hallucinate. It's not just random shenanigans for giggles

Hmmm.

Spike's makes the most sense to me, and Faye's too, but for the life of me I can't figure out what Jet talking to a bonsai plant symbolises beyond perhaps the idea of partners.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's still weird to me that Kagura is basically Naraku. I mean, they're different genders. IT'S WEIRD

Hmmm.

Spike's makes the most sense to me, and Faye's too, but for the life of me I can't figure out what Jet talking to a bonsai plant symbolises beyond perhaps the idea of partners.

Watch the episode when Jett first talks about why he grows and does the Bansai plants and then think about all the Jett episodes. It's subtle but it's there.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
its funny in these episodes naraku fears for his life alot and is vulnerable like all the time but eventually he will get entirely OP

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Time to start prepping for sleep timez.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 312 - Inauguration! The Brand New 2nd Division Captain!
12:30 - Naruto - 39 - Bushy Brow's Jealousy: Lion's Barrage Unleashed!
1:00 - One Piece - 221 - A Mysterious Boy With a Horn and Robin's Deduction!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 27 - 800 Years of Bloodlust – Advent of the Heretic Witch?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 5 - Murder in the Safe Zone
2:30 - IGPX - 18 - Puzzled
3:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 2 - Rising Malevolence
3:30 - Big O - 18 - The Greatest Villain
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 41 - The Abyss
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
5:00 - Inuyasha - 83 - The Female Wolf Demon and the Lunar Rainbow Promise
5:30 - Inuyasha - 84 - Koga's Bride-to-Be

Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom