• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was so happy to accidentally tune into Disney XD when they got to that arc and watched it. It was fantastic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shikamaru also basically starts as the main character at the beginning of the get back the sauce arc too, widely considered the best arc of the show. He's also brilliant as Naruto's sidekick in the episodes leading up to the Chunin Exam finals and has the best fight of that tournament.

Shikamaru=Quality.

Raxus

nah, they've confirmed Shippuden's gonna be from the first episode.

man, Enies Lobby in One Piece might be done by the time we get to that arc lol

It could will be nearing its endgame by the time we finish the arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell even his brief appearances in the filler hell are above average episodes.

I'm calling it right now; Shikamaru is Naruto's equivalent of the Inuyasha in the modern era.

i'm kinda praying Toonami is going to skip the (spoilers about One Piece filler, marked just in case there's like one person out there who actually cares)
Boss Luffy filler
, but i kinda doubt they will.

MikeMyers

Hell even his brief appearances in the filler hell are above average episodes.

I'm calling it right now; Shikamaru is Naruto's equivalent of the Inuyasha in the modern era.

What if Shikamaru battled Sesshomaru?

Jaken and Ino would have a cheerleading contest showdown.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'm kinda praying Toonami is going to skip the (spoilers about One Piece filler, marked just in case there's like one person out there who actually cares)
Boss Luffy filler
, but i kinda doubt they will.

I'm literally watching that right this second. The dvd's didn't skip it so I doubt they will. This one in particular is actually pretty good.

Now if they had started from episode 1 I could see them skipping the five review episodes but these will actually be helpful to a lot of the audience who have never seen the first 50 episodes.

Seda

Shikamaru also basically starts as the main character at the beginning of the get back the sauce arc too, widely considered the best arc of the show. He's also brilliant as Naruto's sidekick in the episodes leading up to the Chunin Exam finals and has the best fight of that tournament.

Shikamaru=Quality.

Shikamaru is easily the best. Kakashi would probably be second (and not coincidentally, also plays a significant role in the aforementioned Shippuden arc).

I'm literally watching that right this second. The dvd's didn't skip it so I doubt they will. This one in particular is actually pretty good.

Now if they had started from episode 1 I could see them skipping the five review episodes but these will actually be helpful to a lot of the audience who have never seen the first 50 episodes.

i actually can't see them skipping the five review episodes even if they started at episode 1. hell, i can't see them skipping anything at all.

but i'm still hoping they will, dammit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i actually can't see them skipping the five review episodes even if they started at episode 1. hell, i can't see them skipping anything at all.

but i'm still hoping they will, dammit.

I watched those last night and the only one that's cut really well is the Nami episode. The shorts afterward (which probably WON'T make the broadcast) are hilarious though.

I watched those last night and the only one that's cut really well is the Nami episode. The shorts afterward (which probably WON'T make the broadcast) are hilarious though.

i skipped all of them, heh. did you even watch
the Robin one that shows what JUST happened a couple of episodes ago (or that's what it looked like it was going to be, anyway)
?

MikeMyers

Shikamaru is easily the best. Kakashi would probably be second (and not coincidentally, also plays a significant role in the aforementioned Shippuden arc).

Kakashi is my favourite after Team 10. I also really like Choji, dudes a human version of Sonic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i skipped all of them, heh. did you even watch
the Robin one that shows what JUST happened a couple of episodes ago (or that's what it looked like it was going to be, anyway)
?

That's exactly what it is. Out of the three times I've watched this part in my life I've watched that episode twice and wondered why I bothered. It has a slightly altered bit at the very end but yeah.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, take a guess who fights in Bleach, Lee goes Super Saiyan, the Franky Family has their sights set on the Straw Hat Pirates, Kid investigates his father's interest in Brew, our princess is in another castle, Naota plays Puss 'n Boots, Anakin and Ahsoka crash land after a battle, a Philosopher's Stone-powered Alphonse takes on Kimblee, Section 9 investigates the suicide problems of some outdated robots, Team Satomi takes on Black Egg, and Team Inuyasha finds themselves in a bad way after encountering several members of the Band of Seven.

12:00 - Bleach - 322 - Clash! Rukia vs. Rukia!
12:30 - Naruto - 49 - Lee's Hidden Strength: Forbidden Secret Jutsu!
1:00 - One Piece - 231 - The Franky Family and Iceburg!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 37 - The Detective's First Case – Kid Exposes the DWMA's Secret?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 15 - Return
2:30 - FLCL - 3 - Marquis de Carabas
3:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 13 - Jedi Crash
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 52 - Combined Strength
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 3 - ANDROID AND I
4:30 - IGPX - 3 - Black Egg
5:00 - Inuyasha - 105 - The Ghastly Steel Machine
5:30 - Inuyasha - 106 - Kagome, Miroku, and Sango: A Desperate Situation

Anakin and Ahsoka crash land after a battle

iR7ITXf4cgGdP.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In some ways Rukia is treated worse than Sakura. Rukia had further to fall and Sakura's temporary power boost in Shippuden actually lasted an entire arc.

MikeMyers

In some ways Rukia is treated worse than Sakura. Rukia had further to fall and Sakura's temporary power boost in Shippuden actually lasted an entire arc.

Do any of Ichigo's crew (Rukia/Oriheme/Chad/Ishida) ever win fights? I don't seem to recall.

Jintor

I really liked urban-mysteries tier Rukia. She was a great 'powerless mentor' tier character who knew more about the world but couldn't necessarily act on it, and her skipping between being the straight man of the show and being a quirky dumbass was amusing.

Then she got kidnapped and buh-bye fun Rukia, hello stay in a tower for a bajillion episodes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wish to fuck that Ichigo in high school being a spirit detective on the side had lasted a bit longer, like maybe another ten or twenty episodes.

Same thing happens to a lesser degree in YYH. Would have been better than the fighting slogs both shows devolved into.

789shadow

Banned
I didn't even make the wall of shame. Jesus I need to post more.

Also, congrats on the tag SAB CA. Which was all my doing, by the way.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I might just see if I can go on twitch from my wiiU and watch the preblock there
I took my nap so I should be good to go all night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom