• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please tell me a GIF of that punch exists somewhere.

luffy-punch-o.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This film was awesome, the OST was pretty great, the animation was insane, and I love the family vibes in it, plsu granny is the best character ever, also this music playing in the credits is really lovely pls tell me the name of it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
God, I still love this movie.

Even in the end, Granny gets what Granny wants. SHE'S BALLIN AND SHOT CALLIN EVEN AFTER DEATH

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akira and Summer Wars, we really got spoiled these past two weeks, now we gotta deal with that god damned combo breaker FMA piece of shit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was really good. We need more Hosoda in the future.
Hey Funimation, license One Piece Movie 6 nao!

Crocodile

"Reports say that nobody died"

Errrrrrrr, fuck off CNN (or whoever), the most important person died ;_;

Also I don't believe for a second that such a break down in technological services like that wouldn't result in a ton of deaths worldwide :/

yami4ct

Hope you guys enjoyed Summer Wars! I know it's one of my favorites! I also hope it inspires some of you to go check out some of Hosoda's other work. Both Wolf Children and Girl Who Leapt Through Time are some of my favorite films. They aren't action like Summer Wars, but have a ton of heart. His One Piece film is a bit too ahead for you guys, but it's a lot of fun as well. You could also take a look at Digimon:Our War Game. It's basically the prototype for Summer War's story. It's shorter without the family stuff, but it has some amazing action and is just a fun short watch.

Sadsic

honestly this just makes me think that japan experiences reality in some alter pathos of the universe in which i dont exist in

like the japanese tropes are so foreign to me it makes me hard to engage with the story at alllllllll

Amikami

Banned
The movie was pretty fantastic. Really feel good type movie. Great characters with a surprising amount of development. Great music. Spectacular animations. Lots of feels. Better than I expected.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anyway, yea, this was really good, didn't really care for the cliched rouge AI and digital services are going to ruin the world angle and the Hanafuta card duel was just stupid. Still, I would rewatch many times. 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom