• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

I felt many parts of it were quite unrealistic which dropped me from the immersion though.
wtzgU.gif

Otherwise it was a pretty good movie.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hope you guys enjoyed Summer Wars! I know it's one of my favorites! I also hope it inspires some of you to go check out some of Hosoda's other work. Both Wolf Children and Girl Who Leapt Through Time are some of my favorite films. They aren't action like Summer Wars, but have a ton of heart. His One Piece film is a bit too ahead for you guys, but it's a lot of fun as well. You could also take a look at Digimon:Our War Game. It's basically the prototype for Summer War's story. It's shorter without the family stuff, but it has some amazing action and is just a fun short watch.

Nope. It fits in around Davy Back Fight. Perfect to watch.

...just not licensed yet

Branduil

Well its better than Wolf Children so how many movies has this guy made? I only know of this, OP Movie 6, Wolf's Children and the Girl who Leapt through Time.

Has he done any TV series?

Wolf Children=The Girl Who Leapt Through Time>Summer Wars>One Piece movie 6=Our War Game, IMO

Well that was pretty good. Would watch again. it was quite the thrill ride even though i was only half paying attention until the last half hour

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hope you guys enjoyed Summer Wars! I know it's one of my favorites! I also hope it inspires some of you to go check out some of Hosoda's other work. Both Wolf Children and Girl Who Leapt Through Time are some of my favorite films. They aren't action like Summer Wars, but have a ton of heart. His One Piece film is a bit too ahead for you guys, but it's a lot of fun as well. You could also take a look at Digimon:Our War Game. It's basically the prototype for Summer War's story. It's shorter without the family stuff, but it has some amazing action and is just a fun short watch.

Hosoda's One Piece movie released during the Ocean's Dream Arc. Toonami is already past that.

Great movie.

The themes hit home a few times, and the soundtrack is amazing. Wouldn't expect any less from Hosoda.

Granny is still the best character in the film, even though the cast was full of strong characters.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nope. It fits in around Davy Back Fight. Perfect to watch.

...just not licensed yet

Funimation did say they're looking to get that next along with Film Z. Here's hoping we hear something soon

The first 8 movies are safe right now as they all "take place" before Water Seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom