• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toriko: Manga & Discussion | Put The World On A Plate!

Toriko 300

nice combo moves

The instructor going down so quickly is a shame

Eh, I had forgotten and thought it was the monkey king so I'm glad they are just pushing forward. With Naruto gone, I'm worried Toriko becomes the next manga they try to extend 200 chapters too far. Just thinking that they have to go through all 8 areas of Gourmet World has already just made me want to see them move on to the next one.

Eh, I had forgotten and thought it was the monkey king so I'm glad they are just pushing forward. With Naruto gone, I'm worried Toriko becomes the next manga they try to extend 200 chapters too far. Just thinking that they have to go through all 8 areas of Gourmet World has already just made me want to see them move on to the next one.

the series likely has more beyond just the Gourmet World

they've been hinting outer space for awhile now..... so it semi makes sense for the pacing :/

Fights are cool looking though

the series likely has more beyond just the Gourmet World

they've been hinting outer space for awhile now..... so it semi makes sense for the pacing :/

Fights are cool looking though

They have? I missed that. Gourmet World felt like it would wrap up Toriko's and Acia's (spelling wrong) full course which I saw as the end.

They have? I missed that. Gourmet World felt like it would wrap up Toriko's and Acia's (spelling wrong) full course which I saw as the end.

naH there is
the story of the Demon King (The engulfer of stars)
plus the Nitro are likely aliens.... Plus to wrap it all up the Toriko's world
was originally our world before a Meteorite hit expanding the planet to what it is now

If you take that all in with the added notion that these guys are getting uber powerful
(being able to not breath.... while having the ability to fly)
it makes sense

Ok then. I'd be interested to see where it goes. I haven't been nearly as big of a fan of Gourmet world so far as the things that came before it so If they have somewhere else for this to go I'll keep reading.

VariantX

Glad this fight wasn't drug out and it only lasted a chapter, keeps things moving along at a nice pace so we can get to the monkey king in a few chapters. Sani's satan hair is kind of creepy having the faces of everything it ate still present within it. Don't think hes spitting Tommy back out though.

So did you guys catch
Tommyrod's
face in Sunny's
Satan Hair

Edit: Yeah you guys did

Even though the instructor got taken down.... those combo moves were slick
Coco looking like a Jojo character

KumaJG

Sunny a goddamn monster lol Forgot how scary he can be. I find it funny that Sunny powers the "Demon King", Zebra "Grim Reaper" , Coco "Devil" and Toriko "Jet & Devil".

it could be a
ultimate routine (the illusion attack)
but we thought the same thing with Herac

everyone
except for Zebra
can
still be alive maybe

the chapters before stated that the 4 kings were preparing their bodies as they where reaching 100g Mountain

likely the had some prepared technique before stepping out of the train
Obviously there's going to be some kind of plot device to save the situation, but let me enjoy the hype at least until next week :p

yup ;P

the chapters before stated that the 4 kings were preparing their bodies as they where reaching 100g Mountain

likely the had some prepared technique before stepping out of the train

Obviously there's going to be some kind of plot device to save the situation, but let me enjoy the hype at least until next week :p

Happy-Holidays-2014.jpg

Toriko 307

that PossyDrill's swagger

they're planning on scaring the Monkey King..... Kaka said something about a festival though so maybe Bambina will challenge them to some games seeing as he taught the monkey's ENBU in order to make them his playmates.... guessing this festival is a grand event where Bambina tries to gain amusement

So the training is finally done

next week will ramp things up again

------------------------------------------------
Added Heads UP

Ksl9IOh.jpg

Volume 26 of Toriko will finally be available in NA on February 3, 2015

Volume 25 was available on December 2nd 2014

Not sure about the UK, etc....

Toriko 308

A really well spread out chapter... we got updates on a ton of things and some reveals that are very interesting....
Revealing the Black Nitro from the Ozone arc to non other then the Nitro called Pair was cool

that SEA Mountain was also neat and I am glad that other hunters are going in to back up Toriko and co

can't wait for next week

he was pedo bear all along

My theory on what Toriko saw when he grabbed Bambina's you know what

I think he saw that alternate dimension that Teppie can go to.... Seeing as there are souls all over the place but particularly where Komatsu is there is instead a heart

what is interesting is that other then Kaka and Toriko the only other bodies that we see are to other guys to the left

I wonder who they are 

yup glad Shima decided to have such a twist

they couldn't honestly handle the Moneky King in a battle
[Fugo];152777264 said:
In the end, never trust a Nitro??

Never trust a Nitro whose mouth opens vertically

that or ask every nitro you met to open their mouth

[Fugo];152803967 said:
also wtf is happening with Komatsu? how did he wake up? we does he look like he's melting?

that wasn't really Komatsu but a poison doll that Coco made while they're on route to G-Mountain via the Shark Train

remember he said he just finished placing a poison barrier on Komatsu a few chapters back?
What he likely did was replace Komatsu with a doll

[Fugo]

that wasn't really Komatsu but a poison doll that Coco made while they're on route to G-Mountain via the Shark Train

remember he said he just finished placing a poison barrier on Komatsu a few chapters back?
What he likely did was replace Komatsu with a doll

I need memory gourmet cells -_-
gonna re-read the whole arc!!
thanks

of love apparently..... I guess this wraps up this arc

I want to know the effects of this ingredient.... plus why it is considered Acacias soup

If the fail to save Komatsu here I can see them trying to save him at the next gourmet border

You know the things that one needs to get to that continents food treasure..... like how the had to go through that mountain range without oxygen in order to get to 100g mountain

One of those next passageways is called the underworld (or something)

Maybe Komatsu will be in a stage of life/death but not completely dead thanks to food king Pair..... So in order to make Komatsu fully conscious they'd have to retrieve his soul

That could be interesting since that could make them go on a detour from their speed rush through Acacia's full course

[Fugo]

Crazy chapter!! Looking forward to the next ones, so much at stake now: Komatsu's fate, the effects of real Pair, and Blue Nitro vs Bambina

Finally, the Monkey King's balls drop. Realistically, they should be at a disadvantage when fighting in Gourmet world I'm already tired of the last second, first time super attacks and luck they need to survive. They even had to have Komatsu grab one of the balls from the damned afterlife for this one to work. Still funny though.

[Fugo]

My guess is that the next step in the story will be about "managing" the underworld/backworld, with the 4 kings learning something similar to Teppei's technique.

Kaka vs Bambina was hilarious, but at the same time left me thinking: Bambina used its real strenght against Kaka - way above the "playing" he did during the dance, and Kaka while losing and being tossed away didn't die or anything, this means that a Blue Nitro strenght is still far out of reach for Toriko and co.

[Fugo];156701149 said:
My guess is that the next step in the story will be about "managing" the underworld/backworld, with the 4 kings learning something similar to Teppei's technique.

Kaka vs Bambina was hilarious, but at the same time left me thinking: Bambina used its real strenght against Kaka - way above the "playing" he did during the dance, and Kaka while losing and being tossed away didn't die or anything, this means that a Blue Nitro strenght is still far out of reach for Toriko and co.

I agree.... KAKA is likely not dead and the whole underworld soul thing was hinted by Mappy as one of the main passageways to Acacia's full course

Top Bottom