• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Reminder: meetup is in a week. As one once said: be there or be shamed. We can discuss possible pre-meetup locations (probably a nearby Tims)

Let it all go and have fun? I was kind of in that position a while ago since the Miku concert was the first concert I've been to. It's all a matter of how much you just leave everything else behind and enjoy yourself (while being respectful to everyone else). You can probably strike up conversations in the meantime (I was chatting with one guy and his friend and when I brought up Anamanaguchi being the opening act, the conversation went well).

I dunno what's worthwhile in Danforth, so can't help you there lol

Haha, it's all good. Didn't spend much time in Danforth, but I had a great time. The performance was amazing, the venue wasn't overly formal or too grungy, and the crowd was mostly my type of person so I didn't feel out of place or anything. It was great to just lose my inhibitions for a night and let it all unwind.

Part of why I went was because I told myself I'd regret not going more than I'd ever regret going, and yeah, it was totally worth it.

Plus I got to meet the band afterwards, so hey. Great guys.

Anyone here try Dusty Boots Hard Root Beer?

Protip: Just buy a single bottle if you are unsure of a product and don't want to invest in a 6pack (or a 4pack or whatever you're looking at). Some LCBOs did not like this but the general rule now is that you can do it (and just about every single product will have a m/m sku).

As for the beer itself, eh. Hard root beer has been a big trend in the states for a while, so I was curious when it finally showed up here but so far I dunno. I found Dusty Boots to be way too sweet, with overbearing vanilla flavor, and it actually reminded me less of root beer proper and more of that root beet candy piece in a package of Sodalicious (if anybody even remembers that).

There is another one we carry can in cans called Crazy Uncle, I think, but that one isn't malt based. It's a vodka mix. I thought the flavor was better, but nobody else at my store agreed with me haha.

Mill St. also just put out their Distillery Root Beer but I haven't tried it yet.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Anyone here try Dusty Boots Hard Root Beer? Seem fairly new and saying it's Canada's Adult Root Beer. About to buy a 6 pack and find out

205871.jpg

Tried it a few weeks ago, it's pretty damn good. Tastes exactly like A&W/Barq/Mug, you barely notice the alcohol.

Blackhead

Redarse
Anyone here try Dusty Boots Hard Root Beer? Seem fairly new and saying it's Canada's Adult Root Beer. About to buy a 6 pack and find out

205871.jpg

Boozy root beer is about to be huge (July 2015)
Globe and Mail said:
One brand, in particular, is coveted: Not Your Father’s Root Beer, from Small Town Brewery in Wauconda, Ill. The brew earned an enviable rating of 94 out of 100 on Beer Advocate...

Small Town brewed its first batch of root beer in 2013...

And if you can’t find Not Your Father’s, relax; your local craft operation is probably fine-tuning a root beer recipe right now. Chicago’s Berghoff Brewery announced a new brew called Rowdy Root Beer in June. Meanwhile, Boston Beer, the maker of Sam Adams, is reportedly working on its own version, although the company did not return requests for comment.

If you find some, put some ice cream in it
Any one put it in a float?
Protip: Just buy a single bottle if you are unsure of a product

Tried it a few weeks ago, it's pretty damn good. Tastes exactly like A&W/Barq/Mug, you barely notice the alcohol.

Nice tip, I'll give the LCBO one a try. LCBOs are so slow that hipsters already moved on:

qg52pqil.jpg

next ginger-ale then finally ice-cream :D

dluu13

Well, I'm about to head out to ribfest now. I'll be going alone since everybody else flaked. I shoulda gone yesterday. I would have at least had a chance to see Kuro there.

dluu13

Definitely should have gone yesterday. The queen st street car is not running today, and it took me over half an hour just to get on the bus.

Renewed

It's not even that bad... If the sun was always out and there were no cool breeze, I'd shrivel up without taking breaks under the shade. Taking a day off tomorrow for my sister's convocation.

Also who's got an early MHGen demo? I wanna play with someone

dluu13

PRAISE THE GODDAMN SUN!

Edit: to be honest, it's nice out right now with this breeze. It was freezing inside my office building with the AC on full blast.

Agree with the breeze comment. I walked all the way from Woodbine back to my home near UofT yesterday. It was even windier today as I went out for lunch. I was totally fine with that. Sleeping last night was difficult though.
I think I have a slight sunburn on my neck.

Mhee12Bee

Today is my birthday, but with the sun and work...barely made it today.

I'm taking over this Saturday's Meetup as my Birthday and no one can stop me!

Also, All of the Mighty No. 9 Reviews and salty tears are the best B-day gifts ever.

Renewed

Today is my birthday, but with the sun and work...barely made it today.

I'm taking over this Saturday's Meetup as my Birthday and no one can stop me!

Also, All of the Mighty No. 9 Reviews and salty tears are the best B-day gifts ever.

Happy birthday, you survived! Until this Saturday.

I was about to say thank goodness I never backed that, but then I remembered that I backed Project Phoenix. Ugh. Gotta have one poorly-run Kickstarter under our belts.

Mhee12Bee

Happy birthday, you survived! Until this Saturday.

I was about to say thank goodness I never backed that, but then I remembered that I backed Project Phoenix. Ugh. Gotta have one poorly-run Kickstarter under our belts.

I was so close to backing Unsung Story but I knew from that KS video it was nothing but trouble

Last tweet was from 20 Oct 2015.

Renewed

Just got back. I should have gotten some food to take home and hold onto for 6.5 more hours...

It's fine, we get all sorts of age ranges at meetups.

dluu13

Somebody or something is leaking what smells like exhaust fumes that's going into the building and I stepped out to get some fresh air. There's a pretty nice breeze going on right now.

Top Bottom