• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup 21 - THE SIX(th meetup this year!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

torontogafmeetup21res81yb0.png

Stop 1: Scotland Yard Pub (menu here)
Stop 2: Home of Hot Taste reached by TTC (open to change)
Stops 3-5: lol
When: Saturday, June 25th @ 7PM

Kuro's meetup FAQ and answers:

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold/warm!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.
^ No fucking weather excuses. It's the Fall now and this is basically one of the small parts of the year where the weather should be agreeable to everyone. Come on, people.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

It's that time of year... E3! Come hang out with us and gush over what you loved and chant with us over what was terrible. If you'd like to chat or learn a bit about what Toronto GAF has to offer, visit the Toronto-Age OT!

Going:
Renewed
dluu13
shadowkat
Barrel Cannon
krae_man
Brinbe
Mhee12Bee
Sober
i-Lo
CapitalCORN

Maybe:
mr.rager
Kuro
chaobreaker
wbsmcs
ItIsOkBro
gabbo
EvilMario
Cripplegate

Not Going:

Thanks to everyone that came out for the last one! (post-meetup heroes)

Quadratic

Wow, didn't we just have one?

It's good that these are happening on the regular.

Or maybe it's just that you guys are all soju-holics.

Renewed

Well I'm trying to find a balance for putting these up but it'll probably be at least 2 weeks before it actually happens.

make the it during the sony e3 conference

I'd love to, as long we have somewhere we can settle in and get comfy. Sony E3 Experience seems booked so anyone from GAF going there will have that elbow room lol

dluu13

I am in except on the 24th which is a maybe.

So apparently I can like or share this thread on Facebook...

Mhee12Bee

You can never have enough Taro Yoko in your nutritious diet.

Voted for Both Saturdays, but if it goes for a friday that's fine too

I'm seriously in this time. I'm free any days that aren't 17/18 or 29/30 of June.

Read the FAQ post and when I got to Rob Ford part, kind of felt some feels. So shocked that his crazy persona isn't part of Toronto anymore.

Renewed

Don't mind my notes, it's how I keep track so I don't have to scroll through the thread everytime #lazybum

I'm seriously in this time. I'm free any days that aren't 17/18 or 29/30 of June.

Read the FAQ post and when I got to Rob Ford part, kind of felt some feels. So shocked that his crazy persona isn't part of Toronto anymore.

I keep it there because no one lived it up like ol' RoFo.

I'm in for whatever, as long as we settle by the 9th... I know I make expensive recommendations, but I was thinking of Scotland Yard for this meetup. Granted I've only been there once before, and I'm unaware if they can accommodate us all at once, but I can say the food is excellent(and have a catering menu!), and the drink menu is pretty good. Problem is, we'll be stranded in the middle of nowhere afterwards, but maybe people don't mind taking the TTC to the second spot?!

dluu13

I'm in for whatever, as long as we settle by the 9th... I know I make expensive recommendations, but I was thinking of Scotland Yard for this meetup. Granted I've only been there once before, and I'm unaware if they can accommodate us all at once, but I can say the food is excellent(and have a catering menu!), and the drink menu is pretty good. Problem is, we'll be stranded in the middle of nowhere afterwards, but maybe people don't mind taking the TTC to the second spot?!

Scotland Yard offers reservations for parties of all sizes, any time of the day!

At Scotland Yard we are experts at organizing the perfect group parties and corporate events. Whether it be a group of 20 to 150+ people, we can handle anything you throw at us!

I guess we're good on that front. I don't mind using TTC to get to our second spot.

Renewed

Scotland Yard huh... here? Damn I'm really down for that. If there's really nowhere else nearby for soju, I'll make it clear that we'll use TTC to get to stop 2. inb4 uber

In the meantime, recommendations are still open. Victory Cafe, St. Louis, Scotland Yard, etc. chime in before I close things off on Sunday. I'll be playing mah games

dluu13

Scotland Yard huh... here? Damn I'm really down for that. If there's really nowhere else nearby for soju, I'll make it clear that we'll use TTC to get to stop 2. inb4 uber

In the meantime, recommendations are still open. Victory Cafe, St. Louis, Scotland Yard, etc. chime in before I close things off on Sunday. I'll be playing mah games

I'm voting for Scotland Yard then TTC to stop 2.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Menu sounds pretty good. I'm down for Scotland Yard with TTC trip to stop 2.

dluu13

So I did go to the mac and cheese festival today. I guess they adapted from last year. Although the line was crazy long to get in, it actually moved quite quickly. Even inside, it was not overly crowded.

As for the food, you can only have so much mac and cheese before you're stuffed, but I enjoyed one where they had pulled duck.

Edit: wow just now noticed I posted this into the wrong thread. Anyway we're all still Toronto here.

Renewed

lol it's fine, although I'm not that fond of mac and cheese so bleh.

Been having a bit of trouble deciding on stop 2. I'm thinking just somewhere we've been before would be fine? Tbh I'm just gonna make it Home of Hot Taste and order myself the suicide chicken.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Been having a bit of trouble deciding on stop 2. I'm thinking just somewhere we've been before would be fine? Tbh I'm just gonna make it Home of Hot Taste and order myself the suicide chicken.

RIP

dluu13

I'm fine with home of hot taste.

Renewed

Whoops was playing too much Fates. Do we care enough for keeping the soju tradition going or are we gonna say screw it and have stop 2 in the vicinity of Scotland Yard?

i-Lo

I'm in for my first time; I've been putting it off since forever.

How punctual are the participants in general?

dluu13

I'm in for my first time; I've been putting it off since forever.

How punctual are the participants in general?

More punctual than this reply. Usually a few of us will meet up in a Tim Horton's nearby the meeting place beforehand. Otherwise, people are punctual besides a few that trickle in later on due to work commitments or other things.

Renewed

That moment when your boss tells you all the things happening on the 25th at a meeting several days later. Bah, I have lots of extra hours so I can leave a bit early for a pre-meetup.

Yeah, what dluu said lol. Gonna make the reservations on Friday/Saturday I guess. Just gonna put a reminder in TO-GAF.

mr.rager

25th is a bit iffy for me, already have plans for that day. Might be able to come late depending on what happens that day so I'm still a maybe.

Maddog

I'd like to come to this. I'd have to leave maybe around 10 or 11 to make it to my way home though. Is that okay?

dluu13

I'd like to come to this. I'd have to leave maybe around 10 or 11 to make it to my way home though. Is that okay?

People come late/leave early for a variety of reasons. The meet up is not too formal. It's more of a say hi and chat kind of thing we have every month.

Renewed

Huh I just realized that I won't be able to eat/drink since I'm fasting. I break fast at sunset (around 9:05PM) so I get to watch you all enjoy.

A few Tims around Scotland Yard Pub. I guess the ideal one would be one with space to accommodate us and in decent walking distance. Some south of Front St. E. and another south of Wellington. One more east of Lower Jarvis with outdoor seating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom