• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crow thread: Elon Musk has owned Twitter for one year now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toons

This reeks of desperation to me.

Hes about to try to go on an information war with Disney, he already started posting "anonymously sourced" screengrabs to try and turn ppl against them(why? Most of those people whod be compelled by that were already viewing Disney in a negative light anyways)

And now hes going to try to sue them(for what exactly? Shrug)

Hes losing money. Even if he were successful at doing this with Disney they wouldn't be the last guys he went after. He wants to try and strongarm them into negotiating a presence on the site again, or put pressure on them.

So he doesn't want anyone contesting him while he does it. He wants to be able to post whatever he wants with as little or as much context as he desires and if you contest it you're gonna have to make you're own tweet no one will see. It's bold strategy cotton we'll see if it pays off.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yes, if you don't have evidence, I can't believe you. There's been too much lying about this in the recent past. People have lost faith in the media, and the blame for that rests squarely on the media.

If you don't have proof, the next best thing would be a difference. What has changed for the source of your info? Can you point to the situations in 2013 and 2018 that you dismiss above, and show me tweets being made by someone who was skeptical of those situations as they unfolded, due to a lack of proof. Tweets critical of the false reporting about bots back then, which would give them a proven track record, and then tweets from the same person or group claiming that this is the real thing.

You can't keep crying wolf, and then expect people to keep believing you. However if you have a record of discernment and express the feeling that this time is different, that's at least something.

Here you go

I think you’ve made a critical mistake with these past few posts. Completely removed any doubt that you’re here to discuss in good faith.

Even Musk insisted that Twitter had a major bot problem when he made the deal and he isn’t sharing any metrics on bot elimination improvement. His opening of the verification system (plus post amplification) to any clown who can pay him cash have clearly pushed bot accounts to record levels.
It’s also not a sensible assumption to imagine the bot problem would reduce leading up to major elections in the U.S. and active wars in Ukraine and Israel.

But at least we get entertainment like this

eUvyla2.jpg

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
This reeks of desperation to me.

Hes about to try to go on an information war with Disney, he already started posting "anonymously sourced" screengrabs to try and turn ppl against them(why? Most of those people whod be compelled by that were already viewing Disney in a negative light anyways)

And now hes going to try to sue them(for what exactly? Shrug)

Hes losing money. Even if he were successful at doing this with Disney they wouldn't be the last guys he went after. He wants to try and strongarm them into negotiating a presence on the site again, or put pressure on them.

So he doesn't want anyone contesting him while he does it. He wants to be able to post whatever he wants with as little or as much context as he desires and if you contest it you're gonna have to make you're own tweet no one will see. It's bold strategy cotton we'll see if it pays off.

Apparently he’s determined to stand up for people who have been fired for things said on Twitter.

Meanwhile he happily fired Twitter employees who took to Twitter to criticize him 🤣

nush

Apparently he’s determined to stand up for people who have been fired for things said on Twitter.

Meanwhile he happily fired Twitter employees who took to Twitter to criticize him 🤣

One of these things is not like the other.

Rules for thee and not for me!
This was previously discussed.

Community Notes are one of the good moves made by Musk, it's a shame he's gamed it so they can't be done to him anymore after he was checked by a few.

For all the people saying Musk made it so no one could label his posts with community notes, either he quickly reversed that decision, or that was a lie that people believed and never was true.

The note in question: "This feature has been available in Microsoft Word since at least 2020 and has to be turned on manually."

It's good to have context, and Musk deserves to have his statements questioned as much as anyone on the platform. I'm glad to see this can still happen.

After the first time it was said that he disabled the feature on his own account, he was hit with a community note. Has there been actual verification this time, or is it just speculation again? Notes don't actually appear on posts unless enough people of differing views agree that the note is accurate and useful, so I can see where it might be hard to tell.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Bruh has just gone down a red pilled ketamine rabbit hole. He’s so used to people just washing his balls all day that he’s lost it.

It’s sad to see considering SpaceX and Tesla I think have been net goods for humanity tbh. But the guy has gone bonkers.

It's working.

Probably was flagged as a likely fake account until it could be verified, but let's not let a probable logical explanation keep us from engaging in bad-faith modern McCarthyism.

Also, I posted this in another thread, but it's worth posting here as well:

Elon Musk is probably the strongest defender of online speech from actual government censorship that there is, and he's a hypocritical trainwreck of a person. I really wish that wasn't the case, in either direction. If anyone has been having a hard time accepting this fact, the main guy who was responsible for the twitter files just brought receipts.

Sonik

Probably was flagged as a likely fake account until it could be verified, but let's not let a probable logical explanation keep us from engaging in bad-faith modern McCarthyism.

Also, I posted this in another thread, but it's worth posting here as well:

Elon Musk is probably the strongest defender of online speech from actual government censorship that there is, and he's a hypocritical trainwreck of a person. I really wish that wasn't the case, in either direction. If anyone has been having a hard time accepting this fact, the main guy who was responsible for the twitter files just brought receipts.

You hit the nail on the head, the dude freed the internet from the suffocating speech monopoly of the San Francisco lunatics but he's a fucking disaster as a person and quite a huge hypocrite himself. I still appreciate what he did, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom