• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Vita Gen 1
2 Move controllers
2 Wiimote pluses
Steam Link
Steam controller
Wii U
Captain Toad
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
3 sealed copies of Nintendoland
MK8 (gabbo?)
Super Mario World 3D

JStars Victory PS4
NHL 16 PS4

Fantasy Life 3DS
Final Fantasy Explorers
Monster Hunter Ultimate 4
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam

Just posting this stuff again if anyone wants to buy something tomorrow at the meet up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys want me to bring them just lemme know.

There's more dust than anything else on the controller.
Vita doesn't have the data cable (I dunno where the hell it is but charger is there). Also go freeze in a dump, Kapitan Kave

Vita Gen 1
2 Move controllers
2 Wiimote pluses
Steam Link
Steam controller
Wii U
Captain Toad
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
3 sealed copies of Nintendoland
MK8 (gabbo?)
Super Mario World 3D

JStars Victory PS4
NHL 16 PS4

Fantasy Life 3DS
Final Fantasy Explorers
Monster Hunter Ultimate 4
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam

Just posting this stuff again if anyone wants to buy something tomorrow at the meet up.

How much for capitan todd and the steam link?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's with 3 Nintendo Land? I'm interested on the Vita. But then again, I will need a memory card to use that.....
There's a memory card in there.
Trade in 3 Nintendo Lands to get Zelda on Switch, perfect
I don't even think they take Nintendoland
How much is the WiiU kuro?

Just PM me if you guys want something. I don't want to flood this thread
with anything besides trolling and insults

Well, I'll still bring a case. I got 1 for Quad and 2 for CC, as I recall. Half a case for you, Kuro? More/less? I can still bring a couple extra just in case anybody else decides they want one.

Totally random question: anyone know of a game or CD store that will fix scratched PS1 discs (for free or for a fee, doesn't matter)? I bought a copy of Wipeout XL off eBay a few weeks ago and it plays fine except for the music tracks, some of which are damaged enough to cause the game to rewind to the beginning of the song every so often. Worst-case scenario I might just try to rip the disc and play it on an emulator, but it'd be nice if I could keep playing on my PS3.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well...that was awkward...

At Mr Tonkatsu with my wife eating and there this this couple next to us. The dude was lecturing her about something in Mandarin - he wasn't yelling but his tone was incredibly judgmental and I didn't hear her say anything. About 15 min of this and she just gets up wordlessly and just walks out. Not sure I've seen that before in person.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

At Mr Tonkatsu with my wife eating and there this this couple next to us. The dude was lecturing her about something in Mandarin - he wasn't yelling but his tone was incredibly judgmental and I didn't hear her say anything. About 15 min of this and she just gets up wordlessly and just walks out. Not sure I've seen that before in person.

you sure that was his wife?

Totally random question: anyone know of a game or CD store that will fix scratched PS1 discs (for free or for a fee, doesn't matter)? I bought a copy of Wipeout XL off eBay a few weeks ago and it plays fine except for the music tracks, some of which are damaged enough to cause the game to rewind to the beginning of the song every so often. Worst-case scenario I might just try to rip the disc and play it on an emulator, but it'd be nice if I could keep playing on my PS3.
I just use the toothpaste method. It's saved a few of my old games

krae_man

Are there any used DVD/CD stores near you? Try one of them. I bet one has a resurfacer.

Good for that woman.

I unfortunately saw the reverse of this while overseas. Was at the end of one of my days adventuring randomly throughout the city, and I was kind of hungry for some McDonald's, so I stopped into one for a quick meal.

It was one of those locations where you can sit on the main floor, find seating in the basement level, or go upstairs. I went upstairs and it was pretty much empty except for like 4 people not including myself. 2 older dudes who were chatting in a corner while reading the daily news, and then this mid-late teens couple on the other side. I ended up sitting in a corner booth on the opposite end of the same wall as the couple.

After taking out my combo, getting my own newspaper copy and putting my headphones in, I noticed the dude was basically blatantly talking down the girl, giving no shits and although the rest of the people on the second floor being within decent distance, he just continued berating her. I couldn't see her face because her back was to me, but you could tell she was crying somewhat from her body language.

I was quietly hoping she would just tell him to fuck off, and walk out of her own accord, but she just sat there taking it. He then got up and went away for about 5 minutes, then came back, and resumed talking to her as if he wasn't just a giant fucking jackass.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think both Game Center and Gamarama have resurfacing IIRC. I would assume A&C games would tool. There was a used CD place between near Yonge and Wellesley (on Yonge), but I don't know if it's actually still there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's a new one. I've been called an asshole, a jerk, a hacker, and a try hard, but today's the first time I've been called a human trafficker...

yyzjohn

Banned
Just realized we're almost through January and then only 1 short month left before temps are on the rise. By end of Feb the historical temps are around 0...we're in the home stretch. Team warm takes this winter easily, it's been a cake walk! SUCK IT COLD LOVERS!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just realized we're almost through January and then only 1 short month left before temps are on the rise. By end of Feb the historical temps are around 0...we're in the home stretch. Team warm takes this winter easily, it's been a cake walk! SUCK IT COLD LOVERS!

One might start to think Team Sweaty Balls will continue to win more often than not in the coming years.

We are currently ranked the 14th least affordable housing market in the world in terms of large city environments.

But at the same time, we are the only city in the world that consistently ranks within the Top 5-10 range of major standard of life quality indexes.

If it wasn't for this housing market, we could solo

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We are currently ranked the 14th least affordable housing market in the world in terms of large city environments.

But at the same time, we are the only city in the world that consistently ranks within the Top 5-10 range of major standard of life quality indexes.

If it wasn't for this housing market, we could solo

in what universe did you make up that statistic? pretty sure most of the cities in the top 5-10 have been there for years. At least the ones I remember have (Zurich, Geneva, Vienna, Melbourne, Vancouver, etc.)

in what universe did you make up that statistic? pretty sure most of the cities in the top 5-10 have been there for years. At least the ones I remember have (Zurich, Geneva, Vienna, Melbourne, Vancouver, etc.)

Make up? It's actually rather easy to google this info(which you can).

There has been a report consistently published every year on this subject. The current one, ranked for the summary of last year, should be released shortly, but The Economist Intelligence Unit's Index of Indexes ranking, which also includes safest places to live(which we rank No. 8 in the world, and No. 1 for North America), has us as the best overall city to live across the major index categories.

Zurich and Geneva are not ranking cities, but the rest you mentioned are, but in the Most Livable Cities portion of the Index. Where Toronto currently ranks No. 4 behind Vancouver, because of their score on the weather quality portion of the livability aspect. It's kind of neat though that 3 of the Top 5 cities are Canadian(us, Vancity and Calgary), and Australia and Canada collectively hold 7 of the Top 10 spots in the livability index ranking.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You need to believe him...he's a detective..!
Make up? It's actually rather easy to google this info(which you can).

There has been a report consistently published every year on this subject. The current one, ranked for the summary of last year, should be released shortly, but The Economist Intelligence Unit's Index of Indexes ranking, which also includes safest places to live(which we rank No. 8 in the world, and No. 1 for North America), has us as the best overall city to live across the major index categories.

Zurich and Geneva are not ranking cities, but the rest you mentioned are, but in the Most Livable Cities portion of the Index. Where Toronto currently ranks No. 4 behind Vancouver, because of their score on the weather quality portion of the livability aspect. It's kind of neat though that 3 of the Top 5 cities are Canadian(us, Vancity and Calgary), and Australia and Canada collectively hold 7 of the Top 10 spots in the livability index ranking.
Toronto is safest in North America?!
Vancouver ranks higher cause it's not as cold there...so everyone else agrees except for you igloo lovers! >=

You need to believe him...he's a detective..!

Toronto is safest in North America?!
Vancouver ranks higher cause it's not as cold there...so everyone else agrees except for you igloo lovers! >=

lol, Yep. But what's funny is that Vancouver's weather rating still only pushes them 0.1% higher than us in livability. Basically anything rated in the 80-100 category entails very few, if any, challenges to overall quality of life. They ranked 97.3, we ranked 97.2.

It will be interesting to see what happens when this year's report for 2016 is released, because of the whole 30% increase in housing costs YOY.

I have $550 charged on my credit card for Presto. I do not have a Presto card. FML.

On the phone with my credit card now.

Did it like charge your credit card due to being in range of a Presto Card reading or something? That's some shady ass shit.

And just another reason to utilize your own vehicle to get around town. It will eliminate a chance of getting anywhere near a Presto device.

Top Bottom