• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Anony

The issue is work and money, there aren't jobs for me outside of Toronto. I literally have no skills besides being a cashier or washing dogs. I pay 780 now for a basement apartment (small box lol) and have about 500$ left over at the end of the month.
I don't know what to do, my mental health is declining fast and I don't feel like I'm the same person I was just a couple years ago. My partner doesn't want to move out either...I think she sees I have no solid future career ahead of me...

I'm so sorry for shitting up this thread...

How about them Jays?

0d88a71090640133c76f1eadc523b8b8.gif

you can rent @ 800 for a basement in scarborough and ttc downtown for work (and this would be better than whatever basement you're getting downtown now)
are you living with your gf -> splitting rent with her?

N° 2048

...My dude, if you have "no skills" than you have NO reason to be in downtown toronto. Cashier jobs actually are everywhere.

What were you like as a person two years ago? What were you doing then? What's changed?

Your biggest problem is your mental health and happiness for sure. PM me or we can talk in the Mental Health thread if you feel guilty for talking here.

I was a more motivated person, it's def mental health holding me back. I appreciate you offering to talk and I didn't know about the Mental Health thread, I'll post there when I can muster up the energy.

You can find cheap housing in north york or even the surrounding gta if necessary

I know advice like "just get better" doesn't help when you're feeling down but pass on buying games for a while and save up to see a therapist / psychiatrist. You might not find the one for you right away but having someone you can rely on makes all the difference.

As for career options I'm not sure how you feel about them but colleges are a great alternative. Courses are relatively much cheaper and you can do 1-2 of them in the evening, some progress is better than nothing.

you can rent @ 800 for a basement in scarborough and ttc downtown for work (and this would be better than whatever basement you're getting downtown now)
are you living with your gf -> splitting rent with her?

I really should stop buying games but the escapism is tempting always. I'm not living with my gf now, she's super hesitant even though she has a good/stable job.

I'm really trying to get the motivation to get back into the gym then see a professional...I did Muay Thai a few years back and that helped me so much but I always have a hard time sticking to something because, well, my mind plays games with me.

gabbo

The last dream I can remember was that my fiance was trapped in a tree house at my parents place and was frantically texting me for help/being scared.

zroid

Banned
It's raining so hard that I'm feeling phantom raindrops on my head while looking out the window

...I mean, I hope they're just phantom raindrops 😳

Toronto-GAF, suggestions on furniture (sectionals, beds). Do I go big box stores (leons, brick, sleep country) or more custom places? Any recommendations of where?

I'm reading all sorts of horror story with eceryone, I wonder who's safe to trust.

Wonder if I should drop this ask into the Canadian game deals thread as well.

Quadratic

Toronto-GAF, suggestions on furniture (sectionals, beds). Do I go big box stores (leons, brick, sleep country) or more custom places? Any recommendations of where?

I'm reading all sorts of horror story with eceryone, I wonder who's safe to trust.

http://www.blogto.com/fashion_style/2009/11/the_castlefield_design_district/
I went to this area for furniture and lighting fixture shopping.

I got my couch at ELTE MKT http://www.eltemkt.com/seasonal-sale which had some sales on floor models. Depends on your budget really, you can spend a fortune on this type of stuff. I mean if you care for modern or style aesthetics. I got my kitchen counter stools from https://www.cb2.com/
I got a Casper mattress and I've been quite happy with it. The bed frame I got on sale at IKEA.

If you're just looking for middle of the road compromise between looks and price, IKEA exists for that purpose. Plus, it's fun making a side trip for meatballs in the cafeteria.

I forgot to add that there's the strip between Ellesmere and Lawrence along Kennedy Rd. in Scarborough that has a ton of furniture shops as well.

jl4855

elte / urban barn / structube / eq3 - you can find decent deals if you look hard enough. dont discount second hand kijiji / craigslist furniture either, just gotta find a way to move it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you have it this weekend then I'll just barely be able to make it again, but this time from Vancouver XD
No can do this weekend. Maybe next if someone makes the thread. I would if Quick came instead of blowing his money on Montreal smoked meat and Commie glasses.

JCX

Hey Toronto-GAF, I'm visiting next week to do a few comedy shows. I have a bunch of free time during the day though. Any gaming related places or museums you suggest visiting?

dluu13

Hey Toronto-GAF, I'm visiting next week to do a few comedy shows. I have a bunch of free time during the day though. Any gaming related places or museums you suggest visiting?
The OP has a decent list of places to go see in Toronto, including museums and some game related stuff.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What's wrong with the stairs? They seem functional and he put them up in a matter of hours.
A shit tonne. The rise/run is way off just looking at the pic plus the rail is just attached to the steps and nothing else. How are they even attached to the ground without a footing? That stair case would be garbage by the spring. There's a reason there's a building code.

yyzjohn

Banned
A shit tonne. The rise/run is way off just looking at the pic plus the rail is just attached to the steps and nothing else. How are they even attached to the ground without a footing? That stair case would be garbage by the spring. There's a reason there's a building code.

I've seen worse, the stairs leading from my brother's mini deck in his backyard are worse than these. Not sure about the durability of them but he proved you don't have to spend 60k to make 6 stairs.

6dMZf8H.jpg

Everybody is getting too bent out of shape over an albeit dumb govt stairs cost estimate. It's just that: an estimate. We already got accurate and more fair quotes from actual construction companies since this whole stairs nonsense started.

A properly regulated and developed stairs would last forever and never break under your feet. I would not trust some hobby grade construction made by some old man and his hobo lackeys. What happens if someone gets hurt by them? He would get liable for any injuries that could occur.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Like I said in the other thread; it's a moot point about building new stairs since there's already another way to get down, it's just currently blocked because of other construction.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol they're filming some kind of zombie Halloween thing at the horror house near me that companies keep using and it just looks so poverty. There's a guy throwing dead leaves on the ground to make it look like the fall, and there's a couple of tiny carved pumpkins on the street.

Top Bottom