• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
feel like an idiot that I didn't check Shoppers for the SNES yesterday. would have been a great chance to redeem some points. I found out this morning that one of the stores near me got 3 units and they sold out "in 90 minutes". plenty of time to have gotten one if I had been on the ball...

gabbo

I'm still so torn on whether I need the SNES classic or not... ugh. next meetup will have to sell me if we take it somewhere we can use it

It was my birthday yesterday! Went to dinner, bar (Boxcar Social in Summerhill, pretty cool little joint), karaoke, and did some Nuit Blance stuff. The art was pretty awful, though, even worse than last year, lol. Stuff like "PortaParty"...a bunch of port-a-pottys lined up with smoke machines and generic dance music, smh. The line for the Stranger Things event was way too long - 3-4 hours - so we didn't try it. Good night all around :).

krae_man

I went to the Sears here for kicks and everything was so spaced out to hide the lack of stock.

The floor looked 80 years old. The basement was a tiny kids toy section instead of the old massive appliance, electronics, bedroom furniture, and kitchen sections.

It was weird.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Too full to confirm but there was some Schwartz’s smoked meat at th Nu bagel in Kensington market for a limited time if any of you want some without going to Mtl

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It was my birthday yesterday! Went to dinner, bar (Boxcar Social in Summerhill, pretty cool little joint), karaoke, and did some Nuit Blance stuff. The art was pretty awful, though, even worse than last year, lol. Stuff like "PortaParty"...a bunch of port-a-pottys lined up with smoke machines and generic dance music, smh. The line for the Stranger Things event was way too long - 3-4 hours - so we didn't try it. Good night all around :).

Happy Birthday!

dluu13

Nuit Blanche isn't sponsored by Scotiabank anymore? I didn't see a corporate label anywhere on a bus shelter poster I passed by.

I remember reading that they lost that sponsorship because people keep getting stabbed at Nuit Blanche and Scotiabank didn't want to be associated with that kind of shenanigans.

ahdurian

I remember reading that they lost that sponsorship because people keep getting stabbed at Nuit Blanche and Scotiabank didn't want to be associated with that kind of shenanigans.

they never said that outright but everyone knows that was probably one of the main reasons (if not the main reason)

zroid

Banned
Rather hilariously, the Jays were continuously in last place in their division since opening day. Until now.

Literally after playing the last game of the season they pulled ahead of Baltimore and ultimately finish 4th.

dluu13

they never said that outright but everyone knows that was probably one of the main reasons (if not the main reason)
Anyway, I was out last night although not for nuit blanche. Tons of drunk/high people walking all over the place. TIFF seems to attract a classier crowd.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Great Gulf bought the Mirvish+Gehry project and construction begins next year.

Going to be an impressive addition to Toronto's skyline.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Saw on the news Playdium is opening 10-15 new locations.

Arcades are back!
Only way I think they succeed and don’t close them all again is if they all have coffee shops in them and provide wifi and a space for people just to hang out.

Even then, they might as well just drop the games and simply make it a coffee shop... :/

Saw on the news Playdium is opening 10-15 new locations.

Arcades are back!

Sweet!

Only way I think they succeed and don't close them all again is if they all have coffee shops in them and provide wifi and a space for people just to hang out.

Even then, they might as well just drop the games and simply make it a coffee shop... :/

This is smart thinking.

cheesecake factory opening next month ������

I went to one in Vegas. Ordered sliders and they served me three full sized burgers on a plate.

Interesting, looks like Playdium is one of those arcade/go-kart type jams that I used to love as a kid. Didn't even known there was a Luigi's Mansion arcade game...! http://www.playdium.com/games_videogames.php

If they get one of these things, I'd never leave:

Punch_Mania_cabinet.PNG

gabbo

So I am going to need to update/add to my wardrobe with the coming winter weather, but outside of the usual places in the Eaton's Center, you guys have any suggestions that won't break the bank?

JAYS! #nottheworst

Baseball fans gotta hop on the Leafs hype train now.

You mean Toronto FC right? We have potentially the best team in league history and it's like they aren't even worth a bandwagon to most people. Super strange in such a multicultural city that the local soccer team isn't the hottest shit ever. I bet there are still a ton of people that don't even know we have a soccer team.

jokkir

Finally had a chance to go to Tilt and it's an awesome place. 2$ charge on a Tuesday and it's free to play all thier pinball machines and whatever games they had.

Would definitely go back

dluu13

Finally had a chance to go to Tilt and it's an awesome place. 2$ charge on a Tuesday and it's free to play all thier pinball machines and whatever games they had.

Would definitely go back
We had our meet up there last time. I didn't want to leave lol

You mean Toronto FC right? We have potentially the best team in league history and it's like they aren't even worth a bandwagon to most people. Super strange in such a multicultural city that the local soccer team isn't the hottest shit ever. I bet there are still a ton of people that don't even know we have a soccer team.

Doesn't the team do well attendance wise and I imagine the merchandise sales are good as well?

It's less a team thing and more a league thing at this point. MLS is growing fast but lacks a national US TV deal.

I admit, I should go to watch more games. I did pick up FIFA this year just to use them in a league. Sadly, they don't seem to simulate an MLS league in the game.

Top Bottom