• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

to be honest I don't know who or what a Celestant-Prime is since I basically have no idea what's going on in AoS - which does not stop me from laughing at the fantasy marines even to this day - but I strongly feel that the model needs a flaming sword and a storm bolter

He's basically the Sigmarines' Primarch, so you're not like super off, but he's got a hammer (the hammer actually) and some kinda wacky staff that lets him drop meteors on people so you got that wrong.

The staff is on fire tho. Points for that.

4Tran

So Skavenblight is near Tilea? I wonder how that will work for people that don't own Total Warhammer 1. This is assuming the Skaven are one of the four core factions of Total Warhammer 2.

Also apparently the Skaven have warrens beneath... everywhere. Curious how that will manifest in-game. The thought someone had of "under-cities" below normal cities is a fascinating one; a faction that grows ceaselessly and uncontrollably would be cool, if they balance it right.
I would guess that the main Skaven faction in Warhammer 2 will be Clan Pestilens, and that the bonus for having both games will let you play as a different Clan starting in Skavenblight.

So Skavenblight is near Tilea? I wonder how that will work for people that don't own Total Warhammer 1. This is assuming the Skaven are one of the four core factions of Total Warhammer 2.

Also apparently the Skaven have warrens beneath... everywhere. Curious how that will manifest in-game. The thought someone had of "under-cities" below normal cities is a fascinating one; a faction that grows ceaselessly and uncontrollably would be cool, if they balance it right.

I imagine one of their features is able to burrow and be able to show up anywhere? It'd be pretty OP tho

Nezzhil

I would guess that the main Skaven faction in Warhammer 2 will be Clan Pestilens, and that the bonus for having both games will let you play as a different Clan starting in Skavenblight.
It's curious, because with the exception of two or three strongholds like the Pestilens and Eshin's ones, their main stronghold locations are in Tilea, the Troll County and Karak-eight-Peaks, all of them locations of the first Total War Warhammer map.

I feel like the TW2 announcement will make me spend my entire weekend deep on the wiki looking up lore...

Also, the only major campaign achievements I have left are Bretonnia (not mad about Chivalry/Peasant mechanics) and win a Very Hard/Legendary campaign. Any tips?

Very Hard/Legendary feels like the AI gets absurd buffs/cheats, even for an RTS.

So... I've been thinking about it some more, and I'm thinking that the best way to "fix" magic without utterly braking the game is by adding some high-power but less precise spells (something like a Celestial Wizard spell that causes lightning bolts to fall all across the map for high damage, but hitting random enemy targets), by increasing the number of full-map buffs, and expanding the total mana pool. Right now, mages are basically good for a few spells (collectively!) each battle, and then they're basically as good as their beatstick prowess until the mana bar fills up again. Adding more high-end spells and increasing the number of lower-end ones that can be cast in a single battle would go a long way.

Violet_0

Banned
I feel like the TW2 announcement will make me spend my entire weekend deep on the wiki looking up lore...

Also, the only major campaign achievements I have left are Bretonnia (not mad about Chivalry/Peasant mechanics) and win a Very Hard/Legendary campaign. Any tips?

Very Hard/Legendary feels like the AI gets absurd buffs/cheats, even for an RTS.

I'm about to finish an Argwylon campaign on very hard, played on hard before. I also downloaded a few campaign AI and army composition improvement mods from the workshop. The beginning was kinda difficult since you got neither gold nor amber to upgrade your starting city while being surrounded by factions that have full stack armies with stuff like arachnarok spider turn 1 + garrisons, so it's tough finding a soft target to get some gold from razing settlements. And your public order is negative for a good part of the game

the way the campaign went, I filled my rank with dryads and archers on the first 2-3 turns then "teleported" to the mountains where dwarfs and Crooked Moon were fighting it out and switching their starting settlements. Grabbed the one undefended dwarfen fortress, then took the Crooked Moon fortress while their stack was away fighting the dwarfs. Made peace with the dwarfs, eliminated the returning weakened Crooked Moon army, got military access from one of the Bretonnian factions next to the forest and started raiding the coastal cities of the other Bret factions. Started a defensive alliance with my Bretonnian friends that lasted for exactly one turn as their stack re-settled a razed city, giving me the perfect opportunity to destroy their army with ease and then take all their land. Basically, you gotta exploit the AI and wait for moments of weakness in which you can strike

meanwhile, Khazrak the One-eye destroyed the World Tree and Orion stole it away from me. Thus began my "fuck Elves" phase and I destroyed every WE faction within a few turns as they evidently wanted to go out the hard way. Having now one of the biggest armies among all factions, I took down my long-time enemy Carcassone, made peace with the other Brets and conquered Estalia. Tilea and Dwarfs invaded the forest while I perpared my armies to attack them, I fought them back then set sail for the Tilean cities with my armies in Estalia. For some reason Tilea was #1 military power at this point with 8 (!) armies full of greatswords and stuff and only two cities (the computer cheats, obviously), but after a decisive 4v4 battle in which I lost roughly 60 fighters to their 900 or so I wiped them off the map, continued to the Border Princes and got an achievement for conquering the southern coast

next, I cleaned up the remaining Dwarfen fortresses near the forest, then started an unexpected military alliance with the Greenskins (of all factions) who did fairly well against the Dwarfs on their own for the first time ever, probably because of the AI mods. This got me much needed 30 amber, which I used to upgrade the world tree for the victory condition

this is the current state of my campaign:
20170401024302_18djmu.jpg
I'm in a military alliance with the Greenskins and Brets (not seen here), Chaos is invading in the north and my southern shores and because of my recently upgraded world tree 3 full beastman stacks spawned near the forest and aim to destroy it, which is sort of a problem because all my armies are elsewhere. Luckily, one of the kinda broken things I discovered about the WE this time is that they can globally recruit stuff like 8 units of treekin, shielded wild riders or hawk riders in one turn

asda0akc5.png

so, now I have 9 turns to go before the tree is fully upgraded and I just created 4 armies in Athel Lorien that are all recruting troops in a hurry

uh, anyway, this is an example of how a campaign on very hard can go. The bolded part is what you should take away from this in particular, the AI cheats (their economy is massively boosted and they get a stat bonus on battlefield, although I haven't really noticed a difference myself) so you need to be a mean, backstabbing, opportunistic bastard

I'm going to finally to start this game.

Any recommended mod? I don't have time to play without mods first and with mods later, so it's now or never.

I see there is a mod with extra unit formations? and slower combat mods, extra maps, etc. Do you think any of them are 'essential' ?

Violet_0

Banned
I'm going to finally to start this game.

Any recommended mod? I don't have time to play without mods first and with mods later, so it's now or never.

I see there is a mod with extra unit formations? and slower combat mods, extra maps, etc. Do you think any of them are 'essential' ?

there are "slower combat mods" and lots of map packs, the ones you'd probably be interested in the most are the minor settlement packs. I can also recommend AI mod packs that rebalance the AI army compositions (usually too heavy on ranged units or chariots), tweak some campaign mechanics - they stop "hating" the player and do ridicules things like sending their armies halfway across the map at the start of the game just because they don't like you very much - and make the AI more careful about what buildings they construct in their cities

some things to look for in the workshop:
"slow combat"
"AI Building and Recruitment" + "AI Campaign Balance"
"Agent Limiter Mod"
"Settlement Pack" for the various factions
I find it perfectly enjoyable without mods
yeah, but I think there are some pretty decent mods that improve the experience

Llyranor

Coop makes Wood Elves too easy. I'm playing as Argwylon with a Dwarf buddy on very hard, and all his military conquests grant me amber, which allows me to efficiently upgrade the tree and maximize research, in turn granting me massive diplomatic bonuses, leading me to ally with Bretonnia and Empire (++++ Amber) and confederating the rest of the elves. With massive income and excess amber, my armies can't be stopped. I'm almost kind of self-nerfing myself to have a challenge.

Bretonnia tips? I'm at about turn 35 and can't match the army stacks that Mousillon is throwing at me.

I havent played much since doing that dwarf dlc campaign back in November. Rusty.

karnage10

Banned
Bretonnia tips? I'm at about turn 35 and can't match the army stacks that Mousillon is throwing at me.

I havent played much since doing that dwarf dlc campaign back in November. Rusty.

My campaign as leon leoncoeur has been going something like this:
->destroy orcs
->get some money, get 2nd army (half filled) get gorsel then marienburg; disband 2nd army
-> techs for confederation.
-> after confederation once or twice destroy mousillion
-> conf the last factions
-> get estalia
-> get tilea
-> beat WoC and the warherd
-> make your best army and do the errantry war. (this is where i am right now)

try to be friendly with the dwarves, WE and empire. These factions should protect you from most threats.

Total War: Warhammer II |OT| World of WAAAGHcraft
Totally has to be this.

t
"slow combat"
"Agent Limiter Mod"

Also "Tier 4 minor settlements" is an absolute must have. It makes your life easier and it massively helps with enabling the AI to recruit better units instead of running around with trash armies for the entire campaign, especially those factions stuck without province capitals. Also the "building icons" is another one I would recommend to anyone, they look great and really help too (otherwise all the buildings in a building chain have exactly the same symbol rather than ones representing their level/tier).

t
"slow combat"
"Agent Limiter Mod"

What is the set-up for your armies? If not at least 45% of your stacks are knight cavalry then you are playing the faction wrong, the infantry is awful and only serves to hold the line so you can murder everything by circling your knights to the flanks or behind the enemy and charging them in the back with the massive charge bonus Bretonnian Knights have. If you give us some information how your armies and your general strategy in battle looks like we should be able to help you ;-).

KorrZ

I took out Mousillon pretty early in my campaign, the way I did it was to get Artois as an ally and call them in. They sat in their castle but it worked out fine.

Sat on the edge of Mousillon's territory and baited them out to chase me, retreated back until I was able to force Artois army to join me and crushed them. Then beelined right to their city and took it.

Violet_0

Banned

completed a Chaos campaign on very hard, 93 turns, my record so far. Only took a couple hours with autobattles 98% of the time. I really wanted to end this
before birdman shows up
, so yay

in general, Chaos is indeed very stupid. There's no incentive to not go Warriors > Chosen > Hellcannon > Giant (or Shaggoth) in your unit progression, the attrition mechanic is dumb, unfun and only affects the player, they heal up extremely slowly so heroes are useless and you're better off just merging units and recruit new ones. If you don't immediately unlock the horde growth skill in your hero ability trees, you're screwed - I learned that from my first try. They have a very limited unit variety, the Norse tribes did nothing but fight each other all game. The Beastmen and Vampires did more to help me than they ever managed

the Wood Elves are a much more interesting horde army (hybrid), mechanically, than Chaos and Beasts. I expect the DE to be more similar to them
Also "Tier 4 minor settlements" is an absolute must have. It makes your life easier and it massively helps with enabling the AI to recruit better units instead of running around with trash armies for the entire campaign, especially those factions stuck without province capitals. Also the "building icons" is another one I would recommend to anyone, they look great and really help too (otherwise all the buildings in a building chain have exactly the same symbol rather than ones representing their level/tier).
sounds good, I'm going to grab that one next thanks

Carl7

Finished a legendary campaign with Bretonnia last night. I lost 5 times until I figured out the strats.

1- Siege Marienburg at turn 2 but do not attack. They will accept peace.

2- You can get trade deals with most bretonnian factions pretty quickly. Do not attack them.

3- Be aware of norscan invasions at about turn 50, they will come with 2 or 3 stacks and you will probably have only 1. You should have walls on your coastal city by this turn.

4- You can only use one army at the final battle. Do not send more than that. Conquering too many cities is unnecessary. The campaign can be finished by turn 120 or even less.

5- This was my army for the last battle http://i.imgur.com/vnBwBZI.jpg

6- It is easy to get a lot more than 1000 chivalry, so , if you have the opportunity of setting a great ambush or sacking a rich city, don't hesitate expending it.

Violet_0

Banned
looks like that was a super close battle at the end, haha

I think I'm gonna try legendary vampires next
e: or not, no pause or slow mode in battle, I don't want to play fricking Starcraft

Finally trying Bretonnia (well, Carcassone). Creative Assembly really knocked it out of the park--they feel veeeeery different from the existing factions. I was honestly expecting the Empire with a twist, but it's way more than that. The chivalry mechanic is deeply imbedded into every aspect of the campaign and affects far more than I thought; it really changes the way you approach most situations. Similarly, the peasant economy forces similar changes for infrastructure, making some tough decisions for players.

I'm still super early in my campaign, but it's been a very unconventional road. Like, 15ish turns of sitting in my starting territory weathering incursions from all angles, or guarding my territory from invaders, at which point I confederated with my neighbour, which thrust me into a new problem: the peasant economy didn't like a second army, which instantly bankrupted me whilst spreading my defenders thin.

I narrowly survived the incursions and then confederated with distant Artois, which thrust me into a war with the neighbouring Skulltakerz, who were in the middle of sieging the province. Oh, and I was bankrupt again, thanks to the third (and fourth!!!!) army Artois bestowed upon me. The Artois armies were slaughtered and defeated, but still managed to drive back the Orcish threat. And that's where I've put it down, for now...

This is the first campaign where I've been so passive; and it's not really due to a lack of options, but sheer necessity. During all of this defensiveness, I built a web of alliances, trade partners, and non-aggressive neighbours while fiddling with infrastructure, my armies heavily constrainted by peasant economy and available buildings. Also, on Very Hard, this is the most I've ever used diplomacy. It has given me a lot of indirect power, as I'm bound to five or six allies and a web of non-aggression pacts at this point.

Also, noticed the fixed Wood Elves seem a lot better. And I think hero/lord traits now give a brief description explaining how to acquire them, which is cool.

This has been a really great patch.

Edit: And now this campaign is over. Two Wood Elf factions declared war on me, as my territory grew but my armies did not. RIP. Lesson here is: cavalry, cavalry, cavalry! It will solve all manpower woes.

Violet_0

Banned
Edit: And now this campaign is over. Two Wood Elf factions declared war on me, as my territory grew but my armies did not. RIP. Lesson here is: cavalry, cavalry, cavalry! It will solve all manpower woes.

the WE will declare war at some point. Carcassone needs to deal with them as soon as possible, preferably before they confederate - it's convenient that Orion is the closest to them. You don't have many other enemies anyway

cav has the problem that it can't punch through the not-awful infantry blocks 1v1, I mean that's supposed to be their weakness. Not that it really matters when you auto-resolve every time with 2+ stacks

Y'know, making Chaos an unplayable faction for balance reasons does have a certain amount of appeal.

But yeah they're not in a great spot right now lol.

Violet_0

Banned
bleh, I beat Empire as VC in 57 turns for the short campaign goal, but missed the "own 12 provinces" requirement. Way too grindy, and then Chaos shows up and that adds another dozens of turns to the campaign ... guess I'll consider it finished. Time for a long break

Pafnucy

Help. Five stacks of Bjorlings decided to ignore whole of badlands and border princes and march straight for my totally unprotected Wissenland. I send two stacks south to deal with them, but they caught me on the march and I lost big battle. Volkmar is chasing Beastmen in Wasteland, which they burnt to the ground when I wasn't looking. That leaves Karl Franz completely alone against this tide of darkness...

I'm thinking about making a tactical retreat to Reikland...

So, you're in a very tough spot.... there will be losses. If you can somehow divide their focus or get Chaos to go to VC lands, you might be able to recoup enough to defeat the Norsca armies. But otherwise it's looking like they'll just swarm you before taking out other factions.

If you have a lightning strike army, now is the time to give them your best soldiers and start one-on-one'n enemy armies. Oh, and order your allies to go to the nearest Chaos-aligned armies, doesn't matter who so long as they are constantly being productive.

A great waaagh shall be had by all, I think.

Help. Five stacks of Bjorlings decided to ignore whole of badlands and border princes and march straight for my totally unprotected Wissenland. I send two stacks south to deal with them, but they caught me on the march and I lost big battle. Volkmar is chasing Beastmen in Wasteland, which they burnt to the ground when I wasn't looking. That leaves Karl Franz completely alone against this tide of darkness...

That would be a smart move.

karnage10

Banned

personally I'd move karl to talabein and wait for chaos to attack me. A full army + garrison can beat all those armies. the main reason is that there is a hard limit of 40 units for the same faction. Your army + garisson should be almost 40 units. The chaos warriors will assault your walls with the same numbers, any extra unit they have will only appear when you either kill or shatter their in battle units.

Now the concrete battleplan: as the empire you have a lot of ranged troops, these will be devastating to chaos troops since they will not have a direct counter.

First you want to direct your towers at their siege towers, get as many as you can; then you focus on the hellcanon (you just need to destroy it, ignore the crew after that) then you focus on chosen then any other strong unit that is big enough to be easily hit by the towers (focus giants, chaos warriors, chaos knights while mostly ignoring chariots, trolls, chaos spawn ).

Second you want your best melee infantry where the enemy doesn't have siege towers, even chosen with great weapons will have a hard time beating halberdiers when climbing the wall with ladders. Your archers (preferably hand gunners) will be above the gates (one unit front and one unit back) the rest of the wall should be mostly melee infantry.

thirdly ,and the most important part, make a "kill box" near each gate, the AI will always use their cavalry, chariots and monster infantry once they open their gates, as such make a square with your halberdiers (they have anti large and charge defense against large) and ranged troops behind them (outriders are excellent for this), these ranged troops must not fire on the enemy group engaging the halberdiers that are protecting them, instead directing fire on the enemy units that have their backs turned. Because cavalry, chariots and monster infantry units have very few models your ranged fire should make short work of them.

fourth, keep reserves , that reinforce any weakened part. If karl has deathclaw you can use him on the walls weakening strong troops and preserving your walls infantry.

Some more tips:
remember to withdraw from the walls if it is not worth fighting over it (towers are controlled by chaos, your group(s) is losing the fight and no reinforcements can arrive in the mean time), don't mind sacrificing 3-5 groups on the walls if it means that you can protect your kill box /town center better.
If the enemy starts breaching your kill box try to withdraw to near your control point; by bringing all your units together + karl franz leadership bonus might just be enough to outlast the chaos attack.
The enemy will flee if it loses their leaders + losing they start "to feel" they will lose the battle, even if mostly your units are borderline routing.
Kholek and archaeon are a pain, there is really not much you can do about them; focus fire on them if you have line of sight (artillery is really good against kholek). Remember to not over commit troops against them (like have more the 1 unit of a melee infantry fighting against them).

there are "slower combat mods" and lots of map packs, the ones you'd probably be interested in the most are the minor settlement packs. I can also recommend AI mod packs that rebalance the AI army compositions (usually too heavy on ranged units or chariots), tweak some campaign mechanics - they stop "hating" the player and do ridicules things like sending their armies halfway across the map at the start of the game just because they don't like you very much - and make the AI more careful about what buildings they construct in their cities

"slow combat"
"Agent Limiter Mod"

I installed all those mods and maybe its the AI campaign balance but the enemy in real battles just sits still and makes no effort to advance on me. I can even fire artillery at them and they just stand there.

Although I did change the difficulty to hard from normal but I can't see why that would have an effect.

Violet_0

Banned
I installed all those mods and maybe its the AI campaign balance but the enemy in real battles just sits still and makes no effort to advance on me. I can even fire artillery at them and they just stand there.

Although I did change the difficulty to hard from normal but I can't see why that would have an effect.

e: actually, these shouldn't change the AI combat behavior. I don't use the slow combat mod myself though, maybe that one is causing problems
---
have you started a new campaign after installing and activating the AI mods? I don't think they work in an already ongoing campaign

otherwise, you might want to look for a different campaign AI mod, there are several of those. The mod could also clash with already existing mods that change the AI behavior. I didn't encounter that problem myself

btw, since we're talking mods. the Chaos and Tilea/Estallia + RoR mods are pretty cool, though I only used them in custom battles so far. The Khemri mod is pretty neat too. I would seriously consider getting the Chaos pack if someone wants to start a Chaos campaign, at the very least you get a much larger unit variety even though some of these are just reskinned trolls and minotaurs

e: actually, these shouldn't change the AI combat behavior. I don't use the slow combat mod myself though, maybe that one is causing problems
---
have you started a new campaign after installing and activating the AI mods? I don't think they work in an already ongoing campaign

otherwise, you might want to look for a different campaign AI mod, there are several of those. The mod could also clash with already existing mods that change the AI behavior. I didn't encounter that problem myself

Yeah started a new campaign and changed the difficulty to hard. Those mods you listed are all made by the same guy so there shouldn't be a clash. The enemy will move towards me if I come in range but it's just loads of effort advancing on the enemy .

Violet_0

Banned
Yeah started a new campaign and changed the difficulty to hard. Those mods you listed are all made by the same guy so there shouldn't be a clash. The enemy will move towards me if I come in range but it's just loads of effort advancing on the enemy .

huh, I think you should mention this on his workshop Steam page. Can't really help you there, maybe others also experienced problems with the mods

Its gonna make it so Tilea and Estalia get wiped almost instantly in the campaign. Until they get beefed up in the Dogs of War update, obviously. *Fingers crossed*

Tried the Skarsnik campaign and didn't like it.
No big surprise here, Greenskins are my least favorite race. The orcs are ok but the Goblins...just no.

Nezzhil

Tried the Skarsnik and didn't like it.
No big surprise here, Greenskins are my least favorite race. The orcs are ok but the Goblins...just no.

How can't you like Skarsnik?, he has lot of schemes.

CA need to patch up the Belegar and Skarsnik's campaign, so you to move your capital to Karak-Eight-Peaks when you conquer it.

MikeDown, Wood Elves can do that underground movement right? If you can avoid interception, ambushing Chaos' lone armies as they path their way around the mountain will give you an edge when they reach your doorstep... I think.
Its gonna make it so Tilea and Estalia get wiped almost instantly in the campaign. Until they get beefed up in the Dogs of War update, obviously. *Fingers crossed*

They already get annihilated by the Baersonlings that invade along with Chaos (in the Southwest corner of the map, by sea). Or occasionally the VCs will rampage down the Southern coast and take everything...

Violet_0

Banned
those are two full chaos stacks and some support armies, as far as I can tell. They are pretty far away from you still since they can't cross that mountain range. I don't know your army strenght but you could try to catch them in an unfavourable spot. You could build an super lord army an lightning strike your way through their stacks (lightning strike is for cowards). If you need some quick cash, try plundering some larger nearby cities - WE get a big boost to income from sacking like the horde factions, you can afford to go on a deficit for nearly the entire game

some quick army composition tips, against Chaos and in general:
I aim to always have no more than 25-33% ranged units (the latter for WE) in an army, otherwise you risk losing the big melee engagement and your army routes to easily to quick units like cav and skirmishers
get starfire arrows on all ranged units. Forget about the scouts or waywatchers, the basic archer units will do just as well and you can field a lot more of them. The archer riders should be pretty decent here since Chaos practically has no ranged units and they won't get caught in melee. Use one or two units of hawk riders to easily take care of the hellcannons, then rear charge their warrior blocks - keep in mind that they are actually very good melee shock cavarly, much better than their ranged damage output
treants and treeman will do good against most of the warriors. They are tanky and armor-piercing, just what you need
if you have a lore of life caster, keep an energy reserve to cast the area of effect healing spell on your melee units when they engage in combat
the archer hero has an ability that locks units in place and makes them more vulnerable to ranged damage, particularly useful against chaos knights
countercharge chaos knights with wild riders, they won't win 1v1 but if you can catch them while they are tied up in a block of eternal guards they are toast
for melee infantry blocks, you'll want lots of eternal guard and dryads (those only in a lord army with the melee troop boosts) - but they will lose against warriors if unsupported
rangers and spear dancers against "large" targets
you can actually ignore the shields on all units since the barbarian axe throwers are useless against WE, they'll die super fast to your arrows
your best way to deal with giants and shaggoths is either focused ranged fire, or send in a treeman or dragon with support, preferably anti-large. Heroes will help as well
keep your units close to your lord and heroes for the damage boost
tech the red skill tree for your lords first, the yellow tree isn't nearly as valuable

FLD

So, quick question. I started playing this earlier this week and I think I'm finally starting to have a better idea of what the hell I'm doing. But now I have an army of Beastmen that just walked into my territory and started hanging out in front of my main settlement. They're not even attacking or anything, they're just chilling there and causing the Chaos % to go up. Is declaring war my only option to get them to fuck off?

So, quick question. I started playing this earlier this week and I think I'm finally starting to have a better idea of what the hell I'm doing. But now I have an army of Beastmen that just walked into my territory and started hanging out in front of my main settlement. They're not even attacking or anything, they're just chilling there and causing the Chaos % to go up. Is declaring war my only option to get them to fuck off?

Don't worry about declaring war on the beastmen. They declare on everyone eventually, you might as well suss it out with them now. You might be able to encourage them to move away by moving an army close to them but it's gonna come to blows one way or another somewhere down the line, unless you are playing as Chaos.

Alternatively some heroes have the ability to lower Chaos corruption in areas where they are deployed so if you don't want to risk a Lord you could try sending a Warrior-Priest or something to try and counteract their presence.

FLD

Don't worry about declaring war on the beastmen. They declare on everyone eventually, you might as well suss it out with them now. You might be able to encourage them to move away by moving an army close to them but it's gonna come to blows one way or another somewhere down the line, unless you are playing as Chaos.

Alternatively some heroes have the ability to lower Chaos corruption in areas where they are deployed so if you don't want to risk a Lord you could try sending a Warrior-Priest or something to try and counteract their presence.

Alright, thanks. War it is then. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing an option somewhere like in Civ to just tell them to gtfo.

started a new game today on hard with some new mods. Damn I was stuck fighting orks until turn 80? I know I was just finishing them off when chaos invaded.

had to use basic dwarf warriors and crossbows for nearly the entire time. So many times I was overrun in 1v3 situations just shoving warriors at the front while I shot arrows.

I think the slow melee mod I had definitely helped lol.

Top Bottom