• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

Violet_0

Banned
Lizardmen Roster Reveal

watched this yesterday, I don't remember all the details but here are some notes:

Lizardmen units get a mechanic where they get out of control and rush towards the enemy. Skinks and units ridden by Skins are less suspectible to it than the Saurus warriors and dinosaurs, the Temple Guard is immune to this effect

all the Skinks ranged weapons are poisonous

some new non-tabletop units: Feral Cold-Ones (the raptors), Feral Bastiladons (the heavily armored dinosaurs) - early game version of the units with no riders. An elite Cold-Ones cavalry unit that is mentioned once somewhere in the army book, I guess, they become enraged fast. The Stegadon gets an upgrade with which they can revive dead units on the battlefield, it's supposed to be something like a mobile birthing pool and Games Workshop said sure why not

Dunno how I feel about "lack of control" as a game mechanic. It will either be very fitting, or very frustrating. Like if I can just roll over an army without even needing to control then, eh... but if it ends up costing me a battle, then I dunno that I'll ever want to use them.

In other words, Dark Elves 4 life.
GIF4.jpg

karnage10

Banned
so i just read on reddit a grace comment talking about the "old friend" DLC.
The ‘Old Friend’ is out a little later in the year. It’s just a cool tiny, little thing we thought everyone would like to see, but it’s not a faction or an LL.

I'm kinda disappointed that it is not a subfaction for empire.

Are there any know bugs with the balance of power meter? Its getting very annoying. In some battles it shows that I have for example a 3/4 lead over the enemy but once the actual battlefield loads the balance of power meter suddenly shifts. Sometimes to 2/4 or even 1/4. Its really damn annoying to have close victories everytime you are ready for a confident steamroll. Im playing on very hard diffuculty setting.

karnage10

Banned
Sändersson;238717263 said:
Are there any know bugs with the balance of power meter? Its getting very annoying. In some battles it shows that I have for example a 3/4 lead over the enemy but once the actual battlefield loads the balance of power meter suddenly shifts. Sometimes to 2/4 or even 1/4. Its really damn annoying to have close victories everytime you are ready for a confident steamroll. Im playing on very hard diffuculty setting.

I don't think there are any "significant" bugs on the balance of power however the way the game calculates the balance of power is mostly "wrong". (for example zombies decrease your chance of wining however in battle they can be extremely useful to delay dangerous units)
What you are mentioning seems to be the difficulty modifiers the enemy gets from you playing at VH difficulty. If i'm not mistaken the balance of power is not affected by difficulty but only by the armies composition. In battle at the VH difficulty the AI gets a lot of bonuses (specially for morale) so when you enter battle the balance of power should decrease slightly because the enemy units get buffed.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has some new info on Total Warhammer 2:

On Lizardmen
The Lizardmen don't seem like a faction that could have existed in the first game. They're bolder and weirder – far away from the armies of the historical Total Wars. Warhammer 2, in general, feels like a significant departure from the tried and tested formula of the series.
”With the DLC, we experimented a lot," designer Mark Sinclair tells me. ”Each race had a unique set of features, and we've definitely doubled down on that." In the case of the Lizardmen, they don't just get to ride dinosaurs. They can summon raptors out of nowhere in the middle of battle, while on the campaign map they can link up cities through conquest and diplomacy, strengthening the power of their mystical geomantic web. This creates interesting vulnerabilities, too, as enemies can make the web fall apart by taking out key cities.
On High Elves
”High Elves are the kings of diplomacy," explains lead writer Andy Hall. ”People not familiar with High Elves probably think of them as these airy-fairy good guys, but this is Warhammer, and nobody is good. The High Elves are political animals, proper House of Cards kind of guys." These Machiavellian ne'er-do-wells can gather influence through court intrigue and then wield it like a weapon, recruiting new Lords on the cheap, setting enemies against each other or buttering up potential trade partners. Diplomacy, then, is fundamental to the High Elves.
Confirming new challenges during exploration (also: exploration is now a thing), including events and rogue armies:
”The general point is, we've got such a large map this time, we wanted to make sure it's very active," says Hall. ”So we've got lots of sea, for instance, and so going across the sea isn't a boring thing, we've put encounters there, a bit similar to the treasure hunting. There will be reefs and shipwrecks to interact with and rogue armies roving around, so it's a populated map."

Rogue armies are an interesting new wrinkle. They're unaffiliated armies that wander the map, getting into trouble, but what makes them a bit special is their composition. You might witness an Orc general leading a warband of Beastmen, or an army made up entirely of Trolls or Squigs.

And this, I'm not sure if it confirms that Total Warhammer 2's unique Vortex campaign goals won't be present in the Mega Campaign, but it sure sounds like it:
The Old World races will be present, then, in rogue armies and even territory – the Vampire Counts have a nice little vacation spot on the coast. If you own the first Warhammer, however, the entire Old World continent will be present. ”With the first patch we're going to ship this grand campaign, this mega campaign, which is going to combine the Old World with the Warhammer 2 map," Sinclair explains. ”Before, when you were playing as the Empire, you could only move within that Old World area, but now you can start a campaign, sail right over to the High Elves area and capture that territory."

So, prior to any DLC, Total War: Warhammer 2 will have both a story campaign and a mega campaign. The Vortex scenario is like Realm of the Wood Elves or Call of the Beastmen, only much larger. But even within the confines of the narrative, it's still very much a sandbox. Each faction is trying to collect Vortex currency in a race to control the maelstrom, but there are many ways to do that, and other ways to put speed bumps in front of enemies.

There's more information in the article, mostly about battles, and vague victory goal/DLC/future plan stuff.

Fitz

The diplomatic actions for the High Elves sound very interesting, the current diplomacy being bare bones at best. Would be great if some new actions could filter down to the rest of the races.

karnage10

Banned
And this, I'm not sure if it confirms that Total Warhammer 2's unique Vortex campaign goals won't be present in the Mega Campaign, but it sure sounds like it:

I'm pretty sure CA has said that the Mega Campaign is a "normal" total war. They also said the map for the Mega Campaign has all the old world's provinces but doesn't have every province of the new world. I wonder why?

The campaign for the new world is supposedly more linear with cut-scenes while also allowing for the normal total war paint the map mechanics.

All this new info is pretty great. I saw a video of party elite and he said that the embargo for the lizardmen battle that he played is for a couple of weeks. Eagerly waiting for E3 to see more news of warhammer 2

Fitz

Edit: There's a great compilation of information in this Reddit post, otherwise:

THE HIGH ELVES

There are few sights more glorious than an army of High elves. Serried ranks of white-garbed soldiers take to the field alongside proud knights, mighty mages and ancient creatures of legend. The High Elves are an elite force who, warrior-for-warrior, can outmatch almost any other race in the WARHAMMER World. Over the long millennia of their existence, they have mastered every style of fighting – whether you seek phalanxes of spears, unstoppable cavalrymen, dead-eyed archers or peerless charioteers, you will find them here.

LEGENDARY LORDS

Players choosing the High Elves will be able to select from the following Legendary Lords with which to lead their Grand Campaign.

TYRION

Prince Tyrion is the High Elves' greatest living warrior. So valiant and skilled is he that the bards of Ulthuan sing that he is nothing less than Aenarion reborn – a tale that is given credence far beyond Ulthuan's shores. Since Tyrion's meteoric rise to fame, many have whispered of his destiny to lead the High Elves towards a glorious future and perhaps one day to take the Phoenix Crown. If Tyrion hears such gossip, he pays it no heed, for he is unswervingly loyal to Finubar. Thus does Tyrion concern himself only with the twin duties of protecting Ulthuan and its Everqueen. However, the latter is seen less as a duty than it is a calling of the heart – it is common knowledge that Tyrion is Alarielle's consort, and has been for many years.

Though Tyrion is a great warrior, he is no politician, and he is much given to speaking his mind or openly seeking truth where others would prefer only silence. But for his lineage and battle record, he would long ago have been ostracised by those nobles who hold themselves to be more intelligent and subtler than he is. As it is, none wish to directly challenge he who banised the Daemon N'kari at the Phoenix shrine and slew Urian Poisonblade upon the Finuval Plain.

TECLIS

Teclis is Tyrion's twin brother, but two more different siblings would be hard to find. Where the curse of Aenarion has yet to leave an obvious mark upon Tyrion, it has made his brother frail and caustic. Indeed, so feeble is Teclis that his body can only be sustained by the consumption of magical potions. Yet no-one, least of all Tyrion, sees Teclis as the weaker twin – his destiny merely lies along another path. Teclis has been blessed with a talent for magic that makes him preeminent, not only amongst the mages of Ulthuan, but in the whole world. Though it is little acknowledgement in Naggaroth, the Witch King accedes that Teclis is his superior and, since the Battle of Finuval Plain, has taken care not to come into direct conflict with his younger cousin. It is even claimed that Teclis' power approaches that of the great Necromancer Nagash, so it is fortunate that he has devoted his life to thwarting the powers of Chaos and death.

The twins also differ greatly in their strategic outlook. Where Tyrion sees the protection of Ulthuan as his chief duty, Teclis seeks to safeguard the whole world. Such is the ideology that led him to aid Magnus the Pious during the Great War Against Chaos, and thereafter found the Colleges of Magic in the Empire. Since then, Teclis has walked abroad in many other lands, sharing his wisdom with those who have need of it, and wielding his magics to keep the dark forces of Chaos at bay. Thus will Teclis' legend endure long after heroes of the sword have been forgotten, for his actions shaped not a battle, nor even a campaign, but the future of the world itself.

ROSTER
Melee Lord Tyrion
Mounts: Foot, Malhandhir (Elven Steed)
Caster Lord Teclis

Mounts: Foot, Barded Ithilmar Steed
Melee Lord Prince
Mounts: Foot, Barded Ithilmar Steed, Great Eagle, Sun Dragon, Star Dragon
Missile Lord Princess
Mounts: Foot, Elven Steed, Great Eagle, Moon Dragon, Star Dragon
Melee/Magic Hero Loremaster of Hoeth
Mounts: Foot
Caster Hero Mage
Melee Hero Noble
Mounts: Foot, Barded Ithilmar Steed, Ithilmar Chariot, Great Eagle
Melee Infantry Spearmen
Melee Infantry Swordmaster of Hoeth
Melee Infantry White Lions of Chrace
Melee Infantry Phoenix Guard
Missile Infantry Archers
Missile Infantry Archers (Light Armour)
Missile Infantry Lothern Sea Guard
Missile Infantry Lothern Sea Guard (Shields)
Melee Cavalry Silver Helms
Melee Cavalry Silver Helms (Shields)
Melee Cavalry Dragon Princes
Melee Cavalry Ellyrian Reavers
Missile Cavalry Ellyrian Reaver Archers
Artillery Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
Missile Chariot Tiranoc Chariot
Chariot Ithilmar Chariot
Melee Monster (Flying) Flamespyre Phoenix
Melee Monster (Flying) Frostheart Phoenix
Melee Monstrous Beast (Flying) Great Eagle
Melee Monster (Flying) Moon Dragon
Melee Monster (Flying) Star Dragon
Melee Monster (Flying) Sun Dragon

karnage10

Banned
I bring great news!
A blog post from CA shows what their teams are working on.
Posting here the cool new stuff:
NEW CONTENT TEAM
The ‘Old Friend’ will indeed be our next content drop for WARHAMMER, it’s tied to an event later in the summer. I know there’s some excitement, but it’s just a small thing that we wanted to do. Think along the lines of the Blood Knight Free-LC, rather than lords or anything. Not saying it’s a unit specifically, but that sort of scale addition to the game. The event gave us the chance to do something, so we took it.

Having said that, I can say it won’t be the last addition to WARHAMMER. As mentioned in the previous blog a few months ago, we’d been thinking about what sort of content could be added to the first game, and what that might be. We’ve hit on something we think is a pretty good opportunity to add some more content to the game, so there will be a new Race Pack released later in the year, before WARHAMMER II is released.

No, it’s not Kislev (sorry!), but the New Content team have got some rather unique gameplay mechanics for this new Race, and it will come with a small update to the main game and a Free-LC drop. This particular Free-LC will benefit not only main game owners, but also DLC owners too this time.

HISTORICAL NEW CONTENT TEAM

The most recent project team to kick into full production is now working on a particularly large Campaign Pack DLC for one of our more recent historical releases. It’s an expansion we’ve been wanting to do for a while now, so very happy that we’ve been able to get it into the schedule for later in the year.

HISTORICAL FLASHPOINT TEAM

We’re pleased to say that our plans for a new stand-alone title have come to fruition, and this team are now in full production on an exciting new release. We are planning to set this in an era we have already visited, but will cover a particular period we are very fond of and haven’t done enough justice to yet.

We’ve been thinking a lot about how our major releases cover eras, our character-based follow-ups span the events of iconic lives (like Napoleon, or Attila), but that we are also interested in flashpoint moments. Those shorter, intense periods where events could have unfolded in any direction, dramatically changing the course of history in only a handful of months or years.

‘Fall of the Samurai’ being based on the Boshin War is a great example of this, and we are planning this new title to be similar in intent. It will also arrive before the next major historical title that the team above are working on.

they have 2 more teams. One is working on warhammer 2 and the other on the new historical title.

I'm eagerly waiting for DLC for warhammer 1. I'm quite happy they aren't abandoning the game 1 so soon.

new race in the old world? i'm clueless

another DLC for Attila? dayum!

Tomb Kings would be the obvious answer, but idk if that'll be the case since it would require expanding the map a bit . Kislev is a no go but that doesn't mean it can't be an expansion focused on another human faction like Middenland or Estalia/Tilea.

Another possibility, and my favorite, is a full-fledged Chaos update. I'm trying to keep my hype at reasonable levels but there are only so many options left for a full faction DLC in the old world and seeing Chaos get marks/God specific units and a general overhaul would be a good send off for the Old World as a whole. (and would effect everyone who didn't buy it as well).

Giran

I was pretty disappointed with the "Old Friend" being some miniscule addition after all this delay and secrecy but a new free race pack and the paid DLC packs getting more content sounds damn good.

Tomb Kings would be the obvious answer, but idk if that'll be the case since it would require expanding the map a bit . Kislev is a no go but that doesn't mean it can't be an expansion focused on another human faction like Middenland or Estalia/Tilea.

Another possibility, and my favorite, is a full-fledged Chaos update. I'm trying to keep my hype at reasonable levels but there are only so many options left for a full faction DLC in the old world and seeing Chaos get marks/God specific units and a general overhaul would be a good send off for the Old World as a whole. (and would effect everyone who didn't buy it as well).

Tomb Kings alone down there?

a full flegded chaos is rumoured being the third part of the game

karnage10

Banned
IMO the race pack will be for estalia/tilea. They would spice up the southern part of the map that is normally "boring" and tie extremely well to the new game.
Other factions that i think are "likely":
- Norzca : the northern part of the map has no starting position with the exception of chaos warriors. This revamp could also be used to benefit the chaos campaign. Norzca also ties well with the new game since (if i'm not mistaken) norzca raids the new world.
- middenland: empire needs a new starting position and this faction has enough different units to warrant a race pack.

Other factions that could be added by make less sense:
- Dogs of war: mercenary horde
- border princes: interesting starting location
- mousilion: doesn't tie with game 2 and probably doesn't have enough content for a new race pack.
- other elector counts: From my knowledge of warhammer (hopefully someone corrects me if i'm wrong) middenland has the most different stuff from the empire/reikland action and as such it makes more sense to add middenland first then other elector counts.

Factions we "know" that aren't possible to be part of this new DLC:
-Skaven are being released for game 2 so it doesn't make much business sense to release them early for game 1
- tomb kings are the race that makes the most sense to be DLC for game 2 (since game 2 has the southland continent). To add to game 1 CA would need to expand the map southward; unlikely event when game 2 already adds such land.
- Most other main factions (chaos dwarves, chaos daemons, ogre giants,etc.) are being kept for game 2/3
-kislev: written in the blog

I think the old friend will be drummers/banner-mans for units or something along those lines.

Tomb Kings alone down there?

a full flegded chaos is rumoured being the third part of the game

The Tomb Kings are situated in a desert that separates the Old World from the Southlands (basically the Sahara/Egypt of the world). It's just a bit further South than the current map goes, but it'll have to get added at some point if they are adding the Southlands in Warhammer II.

The is another human faction down that way called Araby and the Savage Orc tribes that are all over the Southlands but I doubt we'll see anything from them for right now. Araby mostly only exists in the fluff and the Savage Orcs are covered by Wurzag.

Plot twist- Tomb Kings are the 4th race in the sequel and they add Skaven as warhammer 1 dlc.

Its probably a Southern Realms expansion if its not Kislev.

I want a dragon Legendary Lord. Not a mount, but the real thing.

Surely Warhammer lore can accomodate this.
NinjaEdit: Apparently it cannot. Dammit.

Depending on how they handle 3, I think Tomb Kings are probably waiting until them. You need them for Nagash (End Times), but until then adding them to the map is kind of a pain since they're really in the middle of nowhere.

From the leak (scroll down):
DLC 8 Tomb Kings!
  • No info on subfactions.
DLC 10 Skaven!
DLC 13 Chaos Dwarfs!
  • No info on subfactions
DLC 15 Ogre Kingdoms!
Expansion pack 1

Ulthuan and the New World will be uncovered in the second installment of the trilogy of Total War: WARHAMMER with the following races:
  • High Elves
  • Dark Elves
  • Lizardmen
Now since Skaven are part of Expansion 1 (aka Total Warhammer 2) its pretty clear things have changed. Before TWH2 it was mostly accurate:
DLC 3 - Beastmen!

Subfactions
  • Redhorn Brayherd
  • Khazrak Herd Brayherd
  • Skrinderkin Brayherd
  • Jagged Horn
  • Skrinderkin
  • Ripper Horn Brayherd
  • Shadowgor Brayherd
  • Rredhorn
DLC 5 - Wood Elves!

Subfactions
  • Anmyr
  • Arranoc
  • Argwylon
  • Atylwyth
  • Cavaroc
  • Сythral
  • Durthu
  • Еorgovann
  • Fyr Darric
  • Modryn
  • Tirsyth
  • Talsyn
  • Wydrioth
Plus additions to Beastmen and Brettonia.
The missing DLCs were all part of their free DLC plan, or just smaller DLC packs.

So, DLC factions for Total Warhammer 2 are likely: Tomb Kings, Chaos Dwarves, and Ogre Kingdoms, with one extra, ~mysterious~ DLC for Total Warhammer 1 as well.

The future beyond that is murky. All we know there is that the final expandalone is about Chaos:
Expansion pack 2

The third installment of the trilogy will be dedicated to Chaos with 4 factions, one for each God of Chaos. Unique Lords, Chosen, Demons et cetera included.
  • Khorne
  • Tzeentch
  • Nurgle
  • Slaanesh
And it's almost certainly going to change, if TWH2 is anything to go by.

prudislav

damn was just about nto start some playthrought when they said TW:WH1 is done content-wise ... i guess i am gonna have to wait a bit more

realyl curious about the historical plans though

Violet_0

Banned
new race is surprising. I don't think you can count Middenheim as a race
I can see the dragon spam for the High Elves.

dragons don't like cannons
that was particularly true in the tabletop game, though. The reason dragons were rarely used competitively was that cannons got almost sniper-like accuracy in the later editions and could potentially one-shot your super expensive units. They're nowhere near as overpowered in TW, of course
Depending on how they handle 3, I think Tomb Kings are probably waiting until them. You need them for Nagash (End Times), but until then adding them to the map is kind of a pain since they're really in the middle of nowhere.
well, they're aready adding the Southlands to the TW2 campaign map, and the Khemri are pretty much inbetween the Old World and Southlands so most people expect them to be DLC for game 2
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...rld_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130917163104

karnage10

Banned
damn was just about nto start some playthrought when they said TW:WH1 is done content-wise ... i guess i am gonna have to wait a bit more

realyl curious about the historical plans though

you don't need to wait. From my understanding the "old friend" DLC is coming in the summer (probably when CA makes 30 years) and the race pack is even further way.
You can probably play the game now then come to it later when the race pack is released.

new race is surprising. I don't think you can count Middenheim as a race

dragons don't like cannons
that was particularly true in the tabletop game, though. The reason dragons were rarely used competitively was that cannons got almost sniper-like accuracy in the later editions and could potentially one-shot your super expensive units. They're nowhere near as overpowered in TW, of course
I feel like that can be counter with cav and other flying units in the game.

Total Warhammer 2's price and release date is now revealed:

same price as TWWH1, releasing Sept 28, 2017.

Super scummy pre-order bonus too:
Total War: WARHAMMER II - EARLY ADOPTER BONUS
  • Steam users who pre-order Total War: WARHAMMER II or purchase within the first week of sale will receive free Total War: WARHAMMER content as an early adopter bonus.
  • The Total War: WARHAMMER content will be playable in the first game ahead of Total War: WARHAMMER II's release, with further details soon to be revealed.
They also have a physical collector's edition available, but eh.

CA's killing me with the pricing and vagueness of everything.

Twinduct

Hoping the new race is Norsca. Didn't they mention that the new FLC will benefit both DLC & Vanilla owners? Hoping the FLC pads out the chaos a bit.

karnage10

Banned
Total Warhammer 2's price and release date is now revealed:

Super scummy pre-order bonus too:

CA's killing me with the pricing and vagueness of everything.

May i ask why you think this pre-order DLC is super-scummy? It seems ok from my perspective.
Pre-order gets content for old game (which is also available at the same time for a separate buy for those that don't want to pre-order.); you also get the pre-order bonus if you buy the game in the first week so you don't *need* to pre-order.

I think it is a good way to reward the "pre-order" and day1 crowds without compromising too much for the late buyers.

My main concern is that (from my understanding) this DLC is useless for the new game, so people that buy only warhammer 2 don't benefit at all from this new race.

May i ask why you think this pre-order DLC is super-scummy? It seems ok from my perspective.
Pre-order gets content for old game (which is also available at the same time for a separate buy for those that don't want to pre-order.); you also get the pre-order bonus if you buy the game in the first week so you don't *need* to pre-order.

I think it is a good way to reward the "pre-order" and day1 crowds without compromising too much for the late buyers.

My main concern is that (from my understanding) this DLC is useless for the new game, so people that buy only warhammer 2 don't benefit at all from this new race.
Two reasons:
  1. It's absurd that they put it up before they've even confirmed what the DLC is.
  2. It's awful that accessing the "bonus" for buying it week 1 requires you to spend double the money.
Basically, they're treating Total Warhammer fans like whales. It is assumed that anyone buying TWWH2 will either already own or will be buying TWWH1. Like, it doesn't even matter what the DLC is--its mere existence is thought to be enough to incentivise people to buy it. (and again, for an entirely separate game)

If they were treating Total Warhammer 2 like an expansion (aka not standalone) this wouldn't be an issue nowadays. But it's a sequel, and should be treated as its own thing; particularly when the Mega Grand Campaign or w/e is being added post-launch.

karnage10

Banned
Two reasons:
  1. It's absurd that they put it up before they've even confirmed what the DLC is.
  2. It's awful that accessing the "bonus" for buying it week 1 requires you to spend double the money.
Basically, they're treating Total Warhammer fans like whales. It is assumed that anyone buying TWWH2 will either already own or will be buying TWWH1. Like, it doesn't even matter what the DLC is--its mere existence is thought to be enough to incentivise people to buy it. (and again, for an entirely separate game)

If they were treating Total Warhammer 2 like an expansion (aka not standalone) this wouldn't be an issue nowadays. But it's a sequel, and should be treated as its own thing; particularly when the Mega Grand Campaign or w/e is being added post-launch.

I see your point; for me it seems to be a completely ok pre-order "bonus", as in you don't *need* to pre-order to fully enjoy the game; much better then game 1.

That said, obviously the ideal is not having any kin of pre-order bonus.

I feel CA is treating warhammer 2 as standalone expansion at full price and not a sequel but without seeing more features and animations is hard to tell. While it is extremely debatable if the price point is acceptable , warhammer 2 doesn't seem to be a sequel. Every piece of info i saw from CA makes it seem that warhammer 2 is warhammer 1 refined. I don't see where CA is treating warhammer 2 as a sequel but maybe i didn't see the right interviews.

Now a bit of speculation; assuming the race pack is norsca this pre-order bonus could also unlock the race pack on the game 2. CA has already confirmed Skeggi the Norscan colony in the New World, so they would *only* need a new LL, a few quest battles, a new color scheme and the new starting position to have this DLC work in both warhammer games. Hopefully CA does this so that those that start by buying warhammer 2 don't feel left out.

I feel CA is treating warhammer 2 as standalone expansion at full price and not a sequel but without seeing more features and animations is hard to tell. While it is extremely debatable if the price point is acceptable , warhammer 2 doesn't seem to be a sequel. Every piece of info i saw from CA makes it seem that warhammer 2 is warhammer 1 refined. I don't see where CA is treating warhammer 2 as a sequel but maybe i didn't see the right interviews.

Yeah, the new game doesn't feel like a full price title to me (yet). Some of the new features sound good but the rest is just like TWW1.

Yeah, the new game doesn't feel like a full price title to me (yet). Some of the new features sound good but the rest is just like TWW1.

I mean, similar number of starting races (4), similar map size, combos with your existing purchase... I'd pay the same for that (or a little more, since this one has 2 of my fav factions in it, plus the combo value) no problem. Preorder discount sounds good to me honestly.

ElyrionX

It feels justifiably full priced to me. New map, four completely new races, new campaign, new mega campaign.

Going by the pricing of the WE race pack, the new game is a steal considering what you're getting though this is probably more indicative of the poor value of the WE race pack than anything wlsw.

Lister

Banned
Ooooh, first I hear about Rogue armies. The fact that they are composed of various different races/unit types makes them super interesting little obstacles to take on.

Top Bottom