• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

Dmax3901

I kinda disagree with you in this particular case. Yes, there is no doubt pre-order and anything that incentivisses that is shady as hell however IMO warhammer 2 has one of the best "pre-order bonuses" ever made. I think the following points show why it is a good approach:
- you don't actually need to pre-order; if you buy the game up to 1 week after launch you still get it;
- there is no "cut content"
- rewards the fans of the previous game as well as anyone that has the first game (since they can play against a new faction and also get content for free).

I think the previous points clearly show this "pre-order" DLC is by no means a quick cash grab. In an ideal world there will be no pre-orders and no pre-order DLC however what CA has done is a rather good compromise.

A fair point well made.

has anyone able to get the steelfaith mod to work? For months ive tried and it always crashes once I launch the game.

i've deleted the mod re-downloaded etc.

has anyone able to get the steelfaith mod to work? For months ive tried and it always crashes once I launch the game.

i've deleted the mod re-downloaded etc.

Have you tried re-installing the game and DLC, or verifying the integrity of the install?

It always works fine for me, I've been using it for months now, with some associated sub mods no problem. Maybe one of your other mods doesn't work with SFO? Have you tried uninstalling everything down to the base game and then installing SFO?

prudislav

Total War: WARHAMMER - 30 Regiments of Renown - CA 30th Birthday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7qXNJglxI
The 30th Anniversary Regiments of Renown will add 30 brand new units to WARHAMMER I. With a variety of new abilities and stats available, the 30th Anniversary Regiments of Renown will be a prominent addition to the five races it features in – the Beastmen, Bretonnia, Chaos, Norsca and Wood Elves Races will each receive the unique six units.

WARHAMMER players will be able to download the 30th Anniversary Regiments by logging in / signing up to Total War Access, and activating the free content from the dashboard. The explosive Anniversary Regiments of Renown will be playable from August 10th.

seems to be the final freeLC

Lister

Banned
I have no clue what Regiments of Renown are, I'm guessing elite verisons of current army units?

But the DLC seems to leave out factions like Dwarfs and Vampires. Would that be unbalanced, or does it fit in to the rules?

Sometimes I hate not knowing shit about Warhammer but loving this game.

Nezzhil

I have no clue what Regiments of Renown are, I'm guessing elite verisons of current army units?

But the DLC seems to leave out factions like Dwarfs and Vampires. Would that be unbalanced, or does it fit in to the rules?

Sometimes I hate not knowing shit about Warhammer but loving this game.
Yes, they are elite units.
The vanilla factions already have regiments of renown. If my memory don't betray me, they are the ones with a blue banner.

Mathi

Dwarfs, Empire, Greenskins and Vampires already have Regiments of Renown, though I believe they are not free dlc.

[edit] They are part of "The King and the Warlord" and "The Grim and the Grave" dlc

Lister

Banned
Dwarfs, Empire, Greenskins and Vampires already have Regiments of Renown, though I believe they are not free dlc.

[edit] They are part of "The King and the Warlord" and "The Grim and the Grave" dlc

Ahhh, ok, yes, you get these for leveling up your lord, so this adds them to the rest of the factions. Cool!

Anyone know which places are giving the pre-order bonus of Norsca right away? Like I'm assuming I can't find a place to get it discounted if I want the Norscan bonus. Weighing my options.

Anyone know which places are giving the pre-order bonus of Norsca right away? Like I'm assuming I can't find a place to get it discounted if I want the Norscan bonus. Weighing my options.
Nothing I could think of at the moment. You just get it for free if you preorder 2 and it will unlock when it come out.

Norsca will unlock on the 10th if you buy from a authorized key seller.
I got TWW2 from 2game:
https://2game.com/total-war-warhammer-ii

It's the cheapest offer according to isthereanydeal.com, if you pay in Euro.
Got the key straight away and both the game and DLC are already in my steam account

karnage10

Banned

If you pre-order warhammer 2 from a sega approved retailer you get a single steam key that activates BOTH warhammer 2 and norsca DLC.
If you buy right now you get the key now but the content unlocks only on the release day.
You can use isthereanydeal to find the cheapest price.

Norsca will unlock on the 10th if you buy from a authorized key seller.
I got TWW2 from 2game:
https://2game.com/total-war-warhammer-ii

It's the cheapest offer according to isthereanydeal.com, if you pay in Euro.
Got the key straight away and both the game and DLC are already in my steam account

If you pre-order warhammer 2 from a sega approved retailer you get a single steam key that activates BOTH warhammer 2 and norsca DLC.
If you buy right now you get the key now but the content unlocks only on the release day.
You can use isthereanydeal to find the cheapest price.

Seems it's game billet now? $48.89 is a good deal and they're authorized I believe. I got keys for Bethesda games from them and it worked out well prior.

karnage10

Banned
Seems it's game billet now? $48.89 is a good deal and they're authorized I believe. I got keys for Bethesda games from them and it worked out well prior.

The cheapest,right now, is 2game. which would be about 35-36 euro, assuming you can use paypal. don't forget to use the -5% coupon. While 2game has a lower discount than gamebilet thanks to brexit it is cheap as hell.

You can use this page on istherenydeal don't forget to sue the coupons on the lower part of the page.

The cheapest,right now, is 2game. which would be about 35-36 euro, assuming you can use paypal. don't forget to use the -5% coupon. While 2game has a lower discount than gamebilet thanks to brexit it is cheap as hell.

You can use this page on istherenydeal don't forget to sue the coupons on the lower part of the page.

When I do and switch to Euro it tells me it's 49 Euros on 2game.

Did you mean Pounds and not Euros? I see a better price with GBP

I choose GBP and bought from Germany. Said I only have to pay 36€ instead of the 50€ you get when you want to pay with €. This is a bit strange, but I got my key and have the order receipt, so if they charge too much I will just do a chargeback or something.

I choose GBP and bought from Germany. Said I only have to pay 36€ instead of the 50€ you get when you want to pay with €. This is a bit strange, but I got my key and have the order receipt, so if they charge too much I will just do a chargeback or something.

How exactly did that work? I'm still trying to navigate it for friends. I choose in isthereanydeal GBP as choosing either EU region on 2Game brings the price up to 50 euro like you said. After all is said and done comes out to 44 Euro.

If I do UK instead 31.50 GBP which is a better deal.

How exactly did that work? I'm still trying to navigate it for friends. I choose in isthereanydeal GBP as choosing either EU region on 2Game brings the price up to 50 euro like you said. After all is said and done comes out to 44 Euro.

You can switch currencies on the top of the page. I chose GBP and just checked out and entered my Credit Card. My bill says I paid 33GBP, so ~36€.

You can switch currencies on the top of the page. I chose GBP and just checked out and entered my Credit Card. My bill says I paid 33GBP, so ~36€.

Ok, So I did do it right. People didn't clarify, they just stated in Euro was cheaper, which it clearly wasn't. They must just of meant GBP comparative to Euro value wise.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is the Norsca available as DLC if you don't pre-order? As I'll likely wait on a sale to get TW2

Giran

WH2 gets a separate entry in your Steam library. Despite this I'm still hoping it will work like Shogun 2 and FOTS where both game's contents could be accessed from the same executable.

WH2 gets a separate entry in your Steam library. Despite this I'm still hoping it will work like Shogun 2 and FOTS where both game's contents could be accessed from the same executable.

That should happen right, with the launcher?

It would have to be, wouldn't it? Otherwise how would the Mega Grand Campaign work.

Although Steam won't like launching one game from another's launcher--it will cause playtime tracking issues.

karnage10

Banned
It would have to be, wouldn't it? Otherwise how would the Mega Grand Campaign work.

Although Steam won't like launching one game from another's launcher--it will cause playtime tracking issues.

I think you are misunderstanding the mega campaign; From what we know the mega campaign is "just" a custom map like the old world campaign and NOT a truly "merge" of the between game 1 and game 2.
CA's idea is to pick the map of the old world and add a "most" of the new world map to it.
I think what CA will do is have the mega-campaign as "mini-campaign" that is unlock able if you have warhammer 1.
I hope next week CA talks more about the new world map so we can start to speculate on the mega campaign.

sorry if I wasn't clear. all you have to do is buy from the UK versions of 2game which is the cheapest warhammer 2 to date. Don't forget to use the coupon.

If you use paypal, it will automatically convert your currency to GBP.
You get a single key that activates both norsca DLC and game 2.

If you are thinking why the UK gets a great deal while the rest of europe don't. The answer is brexit. Brexit devalued GBP so much that their "normal" prices are now heavily discounted to us. gamesbillet is discounting the game much higher but since UK has a smaller base price, 2game is cheap.
I'd hate to be in the UK right now.

I think you are misunderstanding the mega campaign; From what we know the mega campaign is "just" a custom map like the old world campaign and NOT a truly "merge" of the between game 1 and game 2.
CA's idea is to pick the map of the old world and add a "most" of the new world map to it.
I think what CA will do is have the mega-campaign as "mini-campaign" that is unlock able if you have warhammer 1.
I hope next week CA talks more about the new world map so we can start to speculate on the mega campaign.

Oh. That kind of dampens my hype a lot.

I thought the whole point of the Mega Campaign was to eventually have all three games as one gigantic campaign, but if it's more of a scenario map featuring the other continents (cut down from their respective standalone games) then that is a bummer.

I want total waaagh, not scenario waaagh.

Drake

I have 2 questions:

1. Why are factions like Norsca and Chaos only 8 bucks, but Wood elves and Beastmen are 20?

2. I've had this game for over a year and I love it, but I'm god awful at it. I've never been able to beat a single campaign even on easy. What's a good faction to beat it on easy? The furthest I've ever gotten was with the Vampires, but at the beginning of that play through I made the enemy Vampires a vassel instead of killing them off and they turned on me and sacked all my settlements. I got annoyed, so I stopped that campaign.

I have 2 questions:

1. Why are factions like Norsca and Chaos only 8 bucks, but Wood elves and Beastmen are 20?

2. I've had this game for over a year and I love it, but I'm god awful at it. I've never been able to beat a single campaign even on easy. What's a good faction to beat it on easy? The furthest I've ever gotten was with the Vampires, but at the beginning of that play through I made the enemy Vampires a vassel instead of killing them off and they turned on me and sacked all my settlements. I got annoyed, so I stopped that campaign.

Across all my campaigns Beastmen was probably the easiest, you just become an unstoppable juggernaut of destruction pretty early on. Dwarves are pretty easy too if you can keep the grudges in check. Empire probably has the hardest campaign of all of them, enemies on all sides literally.

Oh. That kind of dampens my hype a lot.

I thought the whole point of the Mega Campaign was to eventually have all three games as one gigantic campaign, but if it's more of a scenario map featuring the other continents (cut down from their respective standalone games) then that is a bummer.

I want total waaagh, not scenario waaagh.

I don't know what he's talking about, it's still pretty much what you're saying.

Here's the leaked map from ages ago:
MQGmq81.jpg

Barely anything gets cut, just the bottom of the new world. Hell, this is in all likelyhood for the TW: warhammer 3 mega campaign, there seems to be a lot of landmass east of the old world that Warhammer 2 isn't including as far as I know, the WH1/2 grand campaign will probably include more of the new world than this pic shows since it can afford to without the WH3 landmasses.

karnage10

Banned
I have 2 questions:

1) "Mainly" because WE and beastmen bring a mini-campaign. CA says they sell 3 types of DLC. Lord pack (new LL and units), race pack (new race) and campaign pack (new race + mini-campaign)

2) Depends on where you are having a hard time. VC and dwarves are very easy if you use all your faction abilities. For example with VC you can have your capital give a lot of money by using heroes; with dwarfs by conquering gundrak you basically have "infinite" money meaning you will win any war of atrition with the GS.

Post where you have a hard time nad i'll try to help. Maybe start a new campaign and ask for help here,i can give a few tips. (i normally play on VH)

I don't know what he's talking about, it's still pretty much what you're saying.

Here's the leaked map from ages ago:
MQGmq81.jpg

Barely anything gets cut, just the bottom of the new world. Hell, this is in all likelyhood for the TW: warhammer 3 mega campaign, there seems to be a lot of landmass east of the old world that Warhammer 2 isn't including as far as I know, the WH1/2 grand campaign will probably include more of the new world than this pic shows since it can afford to without the WH3 landmasses.

Lurker prime made it sound like warhammer 2 uses everything warhammer 1 has then merges with warhammer 2. Right now, from what we know, that isn't going to happen.

What we know is that it will the old world map + most of the new world map. regional ocupation is gone (on that mega campaign), building slots will be heavily increased, old races get new buildings,etc.

The mega-campaign is bringing the old races to the mechanics of warhammer 2. On the game this is reflected by "being a map pack", i don't think warhammer 2 will go fetch warhammer 1 files but instead have his own files because at its core the mega campaign is not warhammer 1- it is "just" a new big map.

maybe i'm just misunderstanding lurkerprime but it sounded like you need warhammer 1 installed to be able to play the mega campaign; that warhammer 2 somehow was going to use warhammer 1 files.

karnage10

Banned
CA just released this video showing some of the changes coming alongside Norsca, it's quite extensive and looks great. They are really pulling out all the stops to improve this series.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-8ws-_r-zIk

Looks great. It seems patch notes will be released tomorrow. eargarly waiting to see if CA fixed the quests.

Looks like Turkey spoiled the surprise! I'm very glad to see Queek, I was hoping he would be one of the skaven leaders.

CA can't announce anything new; it is always leaked before hand.

Nezzhil

Looks like Turkey spoiled the surprise! I'm very glad to see Queek, I was hoping he would be one of the skaven leaders.

Even if the Greenskins will be always my favs, the Skaven are best faction without any doubt. I can't wait to see them in action.

CA just released this video showing some of the changes coming alongside Norsca, it's quite extensive and looks great. They are really pulling out all the stops to improve this series.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-8ws-_r-zIk

Chaos overhaul!

YEs!!! YESSS!!! ohmygoditshappening yeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!

...Ahem.
Gotta laugh at the idea that the Empire will be competitive with a full province start, though. Unless the new Norsca are massively scaled down, the Empire'll be torn apart just as quickly due to the sheer number of Norscan armies flowing onto the coasts. The Empire's problem isn't economy, it's army strength--they simply can't fight a war on so many fronts, while unifying to a size large enough to bear the brunt of a Chaos invasion. They're beaten back on any front they're not constantly engaged in.

In a very best case scenario, an Empire, surrounded by VC land on the East, Bretonnian land on the West, and ruins in the North, will desperately fend off Norsca while the VCs and Kislev somehow crush or weaken Chaos to the point that the Empire can defeat them at Altdorf. (They will then be crushed by the VCs, who have aggressively claimed all the ruins in Chaos' wake.)

karnage10

Banned
Chaos overhaul!

YEs!!! YESSS!!! ohmygoditshappening yeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!

...Ahem.
Gotta laugh at the idea that the Empire will be competitive with a full province start, though. Unless the new Norsca are massively scaled down, the Empire'll be torn apart just as quickly due to the sheer number of Norscan armies flowing onto the coasts. The Empire's problem isn't economy, it's army strength--they simply can't fight a war on so many fronts, while unifying to a size large enough to bear the brunt of a Chaos invasion. They're beaten back on any front they're not constantly engaged in.

In a very best case scenario, an Empire, surrounded by VC land on the East, Bretonnian land on the West, and ruins in the North, will desperately fend off Norsca while the VCs and Kislev somehow crush or weaken Chaos to the point that the Empire can defeat them at Altdorf. (They will then be crushed by the VCs, who have aggressively claimed all the ruins in Chaos' wake.)

Since there are so many tribes of norsca they will probably be always fighting themselves until chaos arrives, giving the empire enough time to expand. They will still die off course but maybe we will see more easily late game empire units.

If norsca is easily controlled like the video makes them to be that they will be great to set footholds for us to heal.

THE END TIMES HAVE COME!

Giran

Chaos overhaul!

To be honest even with these changes I don't really feel like replaying them. Maybe the patch notes will reveal some more than the video did, but upkeep and norscan subjugation aren't exactly my main complaints about them. Or maybe the third Chaos themed game will be the one to give them a proper rework.

prudislav

Foundation Update changelog https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-foundation-update/
The Old World has changed massively since Total War: WARHAMMER first Launched. With the proliferation of new Races, sub-factions, Legendary Lords, monsters, magic, Mammoths and more, the original Races and Legendary Lords have become increasingly embattled.

So the chief request from players – and one that's grown in volume with every DLC and FLC release – is that we bring the old-timers up to fighting trim with the new guys.

Your wish is our command. This is the update that supercharges the foundation races.

All the old Legendary lords get bonus campaign buffs and extra skills trees. The Empire, under AI control, starts with an entire province, giving it a much stronger start. The Warriors of Chaos have a whole slew of tweaks and changes, increasing their campaign momentum and enabling easy vassalisation of Norscan tribes. And Wood Elves finally have new followers (Yay!) If these changes appear sweeping, it's probably because they are, and the Old World is in for a shakeup.

As always, we'll be paying close attention to your experiences and feedback, and based on that, we might reign in some of the changes. But play it and judge for yourself. We want to let these changes bed in before we consider any redress.

In the meantime, have fun!

Top Bottom