• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tough Star Wars Trivia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
MattKeil said:
The Bossk/Dengar thing is really sketchy, given that C-canon sources place the characters elsewhere at the time and the costumes are barely visible in the films for more than a few frames.

Adjust it to 14, given sketchyness.

Tobor

BigAT said:
Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca
Yoda, Obi-Wan, C3P0, R2D2
Wedge, Lando, Boba Fett, Vader
Palpatine

Who are the three I'm missing?

Only one I can think of is
Piett

Chris R

Bump for the night crew.

Here is the question that I've reformatted into a different format.

Q: Excluding General Grevious, how many Jedi's hands are cut off by lightsaber in all six movies?

A: 7

- Anakin gets his hand cut off by Dooku in Episode II
- Anakin cuts off both of Count Dooku's hands as well as one of Mace Windu's hands in Episode III
- Obi-Wan cuts off one of Anakin's/Vader hands in Episode III
- Vader cuts off Luke's hand in Episode V
- Luke cuts off Vader's hand in Episode VI

rhfb said:
Bump for the night crew.

Q: Excluding General Grevious, how many Jedi's hands are cut off by lightsaber in all six movies?

A: 7

- Anakin gets his hand cut off by Dooku in Episode II
- Anakin cuts off both of Count Dooku's hands as well as one of Mace Windu's hands in Episode III
- Obi-Wan cuts off one of Anakin's/Vader hands in Episode III
- Vader cuts off Luke's hand in Episode V
- Luke cuts off Vader's hand in Episode VI

Careful
Some of those are Sith hands

Slavik81

Mudkips said:
Or the real reason - Lucas done fucked up.

And the explanation is bullshit - why would you have to maneuver around object while in hyper space? Those objects don't exist in hyperspace. And we see them make the jump several times in the movies, and see no maneuvering. The concern with hyperspace, warp speed, etc. is always where you are when you come out.

If you want a real (fake) explanation, you'll have to go with the simple fact the Han is a smuggler. He's evading imperial ships, systems, outposts, etc. He has shipments to make. Optimizing the Kessel run for distance instead of for time can be anywhere from a pure traveling salesman problem to a sneaking problem.

But this doesn't help either - the speed and maneuverability of a ship has almost no bearing on how detectable it would be to fixed scanner installations, nor does it have any bearing on how much distance would be required to travel a planned route.

Lucas fucked up.
"Without precise calculations... we'd fly right through a star, bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
―Han Solo, to Luke Skywalker, while being pursued by Imperial Star Destroyer (Episode IV)

hermit7

What species is Sebulba, the pod racer in Episode I?

Dug

Not sure if is spelled it correctly.

Questions such as this are a little harder to remember imo.

How many planets are visited in Revenge of the Sith?

I think 12

Chuckie

rhfb said:
Bump for the night crew.

You shouldn't say excluding Grievous. He is not a Jedi nor a Sith.

Chris R

Questions that won the tickets this go around were

Q: What was the name of the handmaid/decoy that dies at the beginning of Episode II
A:
Corde

and

Q: What was the name of Darth Sidious master?
A:
Darth Plagueis

I knew the second one, couldn't recall the first one though :( My question was deemed not admissible due to dealing with numbers. Other questions that were not admitted included how many Clone Troopers were there in Episode II, number of times Ewok is said during Episode VI (trick question but still not allowed), ect. They are doing it again next week so I'm just going to watch Episodes I-III and find some ultra obscure name since he has only seen those movies 3 or 4 times each and use that as the question to win some tickets :lol

Slavik81 said:
"Without precise calculations... we'd fly right through a star, bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
―Han Solo, to Luke Skywalker, while being pursued by Imperial Star Destroyer (Episode IV)

For the longest time I always thought he said something about a super injured earthquake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom