• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

Az987

all good things
I picked up Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Had a 20$ gift card from Halo ODST launch so it was a pretty good deal

discohiro

Az987 said:
I picked up Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Had a 20$ gift card from Halo ODST launch so it was a pretty good deal

This was exactly my transaction this morning! Was hoping to also pick up Boy and His Blob, Dead Space Extraction, and Metroid Prime Trilogy but all weren't available.

Belfast

Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Resident Evil 5 (hey, I never got around to playing it!).

One of the other nerdlings there asked about Demon's Souls. It's a real shame that TRU decided not to carry it. I hopped over to the nearby Gamestop afterwards to see if they had a copy and they were plum out. I asked the clerk how many they had sold and he said they'd gotten about 50 since it came out (and would get 12 more later today). The other GS in town had been sold out, too.

Anecdotal, I know. But that's pretty impressive for a game like this! Word of mouth could make it a small hit.

I'm seriously considering bailing out. I doubt U2 and BL will be in stock after i get off work and even then I can't think of a 3rd game i'd want.

Hmm, for some reason the pre orders are no longer working for me and Batman, for some odd reason, refusing to be put in my cart. This is an odd turn of events.

Didn't expect to do anything this week then figured out a combo and went to the store. Magna Carta 2 wasn't in stock yet so I went with Resident Evil 5, A Boy and His Blob (thanks to GameTrailers' review this morning), and Scribblenauts. I would've bought all of them eventually but I needed to save money this month.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Belfast said:
Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and Resident Evil 5 (hey, I never got around to playing it!).

One of the other nerdlings there asked about Demon's Souls. It's a real shame that TRU decided not to carry it. I hopped over to the nearby Gamestop afterwards to see if they had a copy and they were plum out. I asked the clerk how many they had sold and he said they'd gotten about 50 since it came out (and would get 12 more later today). The other GS in town had been sold out, too.

Anecdotal, I know. But that's pretty impressive for a game like this! Word of mouth could make it a small hit.

Both versions have been in the top ten on the Amazon list for a while, if thee was only one version it would likely have been in the top five for good while.

10dollas

Banned
So I went to Toys R us at 11 AM and picked up a combination of games. I got the second to last copy of Uncharted 2. So if you are after that make like haste and get to your local tru pronto!

Tadale

I got Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and Little Big Planet: GOTY Edition.

Just a reminder, TRU takes trade-ins now. The process is really simple, and I find that they give way more for a game than Gamestop does.

GillianSeed79 said:
I'm seriously considering bailing out. I doubt U2 and BL will be in stock after i get off work and even then I can't think of a 3rd game i'd want.

Why not just call? If they have it, ask them to hold it.

Tadale

At my store in Valdosta, Ga, they had a lot of copies of both Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend left after I went by at 1 and there was nobody else there to pick them up but me.

SnakeEyez

well that blew. I just came from TRU and they didn't have none of the games I wanted. I wanted Uncharted 2, NBA2k10 and as long as I got those two, I would've gotten any other game. No 2k10, then I thought, I'll just get 2 copies of uncharted 2 and give one to my friend. Nope, only one per guest. Then I go...ok I'll get 2 copies of Brutal Legend (one to trade for NBA 2k10 and the other for Ratchet) and when I asked for a gift receipt he said "You can't do that, cause you can't return it, it comes as a pack *shows me nearby 3 game pack*, you would have to return all 3" then I go...ook do you atleast have NGS2 or Demon's Souls and he said no. What a waste of time.

(This is the TRU in NYC (Times Square) if anybody was planning on going there).

Just scored my picks at the Toys R Us in Times Sq. Left the office for 30 min and got

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend (360)
A Boy and His Blob

Uncharted was flying off the shelves and had a 1 person limit on them.

Teknoman

Host Samurai said:
Just scored my picks at the Toys R Us in Times Sq. Left the office for 30 min and got

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend (360)
A Boy and His Blob

Uncharted was flying off the shelves and had a 1 person limit on them.

Really hope those three are in stock at my local store. The website is being strange, claiming Blob isnt out till the 15th.

Teknoman said:
Really hope those three are in stock at my local store. The website is being strange, claiming Blob isnt out till the 15th.

I would just go in the store and pick them up. If you live in NYC you should have no problem finding Boy and Blob or Brutal Legend, Uncharted was the game that looked like it was flying off the shelves

2real4tv

inner-G said:
Argh, why don't they have Demon's Souls!? >_<

My local TRU said they sold out of DS, I asked him twice don't know if he was telling the truth. Also U2 was sold out so I will wait until later this week to try again.

Teknoman

Damn...local store sold out of U2, has one Brutal Legend, and has the Boy and his Blob in stock.

Might have to just go through the site. Backorders wont bother me.

I think a lot of people used this deal to pick up UC2 (as did I). There was another guy in front of me doing the exact same thing this AM.

He got UC2, Brutal Legend, and ODST.

I picked up UC2, Ghostbusters($40), and Williams Pinball 360($40).

I had TWO ODST Giftcards from when that came out (picked up a friend's) so I got all three games for $60. Not bad.

Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, Little Big Planet GotY.......not sure if I want to keep LBP. Already have the game, but I didn't really see anything else I wanted

shenglongdong said:
I went about an hour ago and picked up two copies of Uncharted 2 (one for a friend) and got Brutal Legend free. From what it looked like, they didn't have very many of either title left, so I would recommend going to TRU sooner than later.
This. I went to the store before it opened. And before I left, they started rationing both UC2 and BL to one per customer.

I picked up a UC2 and a couple ODSTs. The two Prof Layton games plus Starfy. Mirror's Edge, Mercenaries, and some Disney shovelware for my daughter.

Annoyances:
No FallOut: GOTY edition
No NHL 2K10 for the 360 at any store near me . Fuck you TRU.
No Wii Sports Resort pack with 2 M+ add-ons ($59.99). Not one the web site either! WTF? I understand not having various 'M' games, but why do they Wii Sports Resort pack with 2 M+ add-ons.
No Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition.

MikeE21286 said:
Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, Little Big Planet GotY.......not sure if I want to keep LBP. Already have the game, but I didn't really see anything else I wanted
Isn't that they same game except that it has some extra levels which are available online included?

speculawyer said:
Isn't that they same game except that it has some extra levels which are available online included?

yeah, I already have LBP......the GotY Edition comes with like $30+ worth of extra DLC

MikeE21286 said:

yeah, I already have LBP......the GotY Edition comes with like $30+ worth of extra DLC
Oh . . . so it has pay-for added content? Like MGS? If so, that makes it worthwhile.

Edit: Time to go back to TRU.
* Next, to give our new fans a taste of the over 1,000,000 user-generated levels available on the PlayStation Network, Media Molecule has hand-picked 18 extraordinary people to Create bonus levels specifically for the GOTY edition – complete with interviews with each creator. We loved how these levels turned out and hope you will to.
* And, for everyone looking for a great value, the GOTY edition includes 7 packs from the PlayStation Store. These packs feature tons of costumes, stickers, objects, new levels and the “Paintinator” to amplify the fun you’ll have. Once more, these are on the disc FREE (that’s nearly a $30 value)
Content Packs* include:
o Metal Gear Solid Level Pack – featuring the “Paintinator” paintball gun
o Metal Gear Solid Costumes
o Monsters Costumes
o Monsters Pack
o History Costumes
o History Pack
o Animals Costumes

sarcoa

Really surprised at how shopped out the stores were in Louisville. I went in looking for BL, Uncharted 2, and Fallout 3 Goty. One store had none, one store had just one copy of BL, and the last one had one copy of Uncharted 2 and BL each. Ending up walking out with those and Pacific Rift.

turnbuckle

Haven't owned an NBA game since the original NBA Shootout on PSone :lol
Should I get NBA 2k10 or NBA Live 2010? One or the other is going to be my free game.

I tried buying 6 games, but wasn't getting a second free game for some reason. Will probably try again on a second order.

RBH

turnbuckle said:
Should I get NBA 2k10 or NBA Live 2010? One or the other is going to be my free game.

I tried buying 6 games, but wasn't getting a second free game for some reason. Will probably try again on a second order.
You have to do two separate orders of three games each in order for the deal to work on those six games.

I'd get NBA 2K10, but they're both good games. You can try out the demos for both of them on XBL/PSN to see which one you like better.

Quixzlizx

Awesome, I called my local TRU 3 times today and got disconnected each time. I just called after work before heading out there and they are sold out (of Uncharted 2). I was hoping for that, ODST, and inFamous.

turnbuckle said:

I'm a long-time 2k guy....but this year I'm saying go with Live. Played them both. 2k feels sooo stagnant IMO.

Kusagari

Every TRU around me said they sold out of Uncharted 2 at like 9 in the morning and Best Buy refused to price match. Ugh.

Mazre

Picked up Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2 and Batman: AA on the way home from work today. Was pretty much set on BL and B:AA going in and decided on UC2 thanks to the MP-demo and lack of other titles I was interested in at my local store (had been pondering Demon's Souls, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and a few others)

ouchx100

Like most I was looking for U2, brutal, and then dirt 2. They had like 10 copys of brutal and none of the other two. So I stopped at the gamestop next door and walked out with U2 no problem.

Now im wondering if i open my copy of U2 and play now and then order those three online, is there any combination of ways I can return the U2 I get in the mail to either gamestop or TRU?

grenks

Neo Member
SnakeEyez said:
well that blew. I just came from TRU and they didn't have none of the games I wanted. I wanted Uncharted 2, NBA2k10 and as long as I got those two, I would've gotten any other game. No 2k10, then I thought, I'll just get 2 copies of uncharted 2 and give one to my friend. Nope, only one per guest. Then I go...ok I'll get 2 copies of Brutal Legend (one to trade for NBA 2k10 and the other for Ratchet) and when I asked for a gift receipt he said "You can't do that, cause you can't return it, it comes as a pack *shows me nearby 3 game pack*, you would have to return all 3" then I go...ook do you atleast have NGS2 or Demon's Souls and he said no. What a waste of time.

(This is the TRU in NYC (Times Square) if anybody was planning on going there).

Damn man, you may have saved me a trip in the mornin. I was plainin on goin there but fuck that if true. I wanted Nba 2k10, batman, and maybe motorstorm or somethin but mainly the first two.

Alex

I went in a little past four, after I got off work, they still had quite a few of Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2. Alas, no Sigma 2 as others have said and certainly no Way of the Samurai 3. I dont think the latter is even in regular stores yet, actually.

But I did get UC2, Brutal Legend and Katamari Forever, pretty effortlessly, so not a bad haul.

Will just wait and get Sigma 2 on the cheap used or something. Not like I'll be lacking games to play for a good while now.

Toys R Us is a pretty awful store to be in for any reason, at least here, such a weird vibe let alone the fact that they dont carry shit like they used to.

If I didnt already very much want both UC2 and Brutal Legend and they didnt both come out at this very time period, theres no way Id have even bothered.

ouchx100 said:
Like most I was looking for U2, brutal, and then dirt 2. They had like 10 copys of brutal and none of the other two. So I stopped at the gamestop next door and walked out with U2 no problem.

Now im wondering if i open my copy of U2 and play now and then order those three online, is there any combination of ways I can return the U2 I get in the mail to either gamestop or TRU?

just return U2 unopened back to gamestop with your receipt from the copy you just purchased.

daycru

Got there there this morning at 9:45, 15 minutes before store open. Pretty decent line, a few there for Uncharted 2. Got UC2, Brutal Legend and Katamari Forever. A successful visit.

Alex

daycru said:
Got there there this morning at 9:45, 15 minutes before store open. Pretty decent line, a few there for Uncharted 2. Got UC2, Brutal Legend and Katamari Forever. A successful visit.

What excellent picks!

Top Bottom